Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So what are the chances the Redskins will win a Super Bowl before the CBA runs out in 10 years?

21MadFan

I think it depends on the level the owner and fans have patience

after one year a surprising large portion of fans want the shanahans out of here already.

which is funny given how many of them have ridiculed the owner for knee jerk reactions, and not trying to stick to a long term plan

The direction we're currently heading under this regime ..... cautiously optimistic.

I honestly believe that by the end of his initial 5 year deal (Shanahan's), we'll be a play-off challenging team again built the right way with quality youth developing together. And once you get into the dance, ANYTHING can happen.

I'm real optimistic for the first time in years on my team going forward. But add a 'cautiously' in front of that as regards a 4th Lombardi within the next decade. Lot of other good teams already established out there all wanting the same thing.

Hail.

I know two things for sure... Shanny wont be the coach and Beck wont be the QB.

The Skins dont even have a player qualified to be a pro NFL QB... and you realy kind of need a good QB to win a superbowl in this league. The Skins dont even have a mediocre or average QB on the roster.

I can see us getting 1. If we stick with this current plan and Snyder gives Shanahan time, we could have a very good foundation in place.

What foundation are you talking about? We are still worlds behind everyone in our division when it comes to offensive skilled players.

Coach Mike London and Quarterback Landry Jones will win at least two Super Bowls for your Washington Redskins going into the 2020's.

The Virginia HC? I think this may qualify as 'the most out there prediction for many a year' post.

---------- Post added July-25th-2011 at 01:51 PM ----------

What foundation are you talking about? We are still worlds behind everyone in our division when it comes to offensive skilled players.

Each to their own, but I'd totally dispute that.

Only Dallas with Witten could lay a claim on the TE's. And going forward as a group I'd take our core of wide outs and backs against any of the divisional rivals. QB's obviously a whole other story, but that will come in time.

Hail.

Only Dallas with Witten could lay a claim on the TE's. And going forward as a group I'd take our core of wide outs and backs against any of the divisional rivals. QB's obviously a whole other story, but that will come in time.

Hail.

I don't think we're too bad...but you'd really take our RB/WR corps over Philly's?

Hail.

You have to be the biggest Redskins homer to suggest that our offense matches up against anybody in our division.

I don't think we're too bad...but you'd really take our RB/WR corps over Philly's?

Honestly, save for McCoy, I wouldn't want anyone from the Eagles group over what we have. Granted, a lot of that is just potential in our case with some very talented, if unproven at this level kids. But the Eagles have nothing on their roster that I'd take over that potential apart from the aforementioned McCoy.

---------- Post added July-25th-2011 at 02:13 PM ----------

You have to be the biggest Redskins homer to suggest that our offense matches up against anybody in our division.

I didn't say that. As we stand, with no competent pro QB (the unproven Beck not withstanding) and a boneheaded OC who left more questions than answers going forward after year one, not to mention the current state of the line prior to FA; our O is a mess.

But pound for pound, in the skill positions outside of QB, all be it quality potential as mentioned above; we stack up to all the divisional rivals IMHO.

Hail.

*Edit* But thanks for the 'homer' line. I've never had that said to me before on here. I'll take it over the 'hater' bunkem that's been thrown my way over the years for daring to question this organization.

Honestly, save for McCoy, I wouldn't want anyone from the Eagles group over what we have. Granted, a lot of that is just potential in our case with some very talented, if unproven at this level kids. But the Eagles have nothing on their roster that I'd take over that potential apart from the aforementioned McCoy.

Hail.

I'm impressed with their young skill players, so I would love for your assessment to be right. I don't know much about the young guys we have (though I have an irrational love of Terrence Austin), so I can't comment. The obvious advantage I noticed with Philly is that their guys have all done it (whatever "it" is) in the NFL.

I don't know. In the first year in a new offensive system, there were flashes where the team shined. Now of course there were times where it was rough, but you would expect that from a team in the first year of a new offense.

As for the question of the thread, I say it is 50-50. We have seen the NFC East revolve at the top. We ran the 80's, Cowboys had the 90's, Eagles the 00s', with the Giants winning a Super Bowl in each decade. The way it is looking, I am optimistic that Shanahan will get this thing on the right track. The next six months are very important.

Archived