Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Mike Freeman CBS.com: CBA officially DONE!!!!!

authentic

MarkMaske MarkMaske

Agents are telling players to get ready to report to training camp at week's end. Teams are gearing up for the resumption of football.

MarkMaske MarkMaske

Maybe it's not a total certainty yet, but it's getting close to that.

MarkMaske MarkMaske

Going over the timeline again: Players' executive committee meets Monday in D.C. and is expected to recommend approval of CBA.

MarkMaske MarkMaske

Players would be allowed in training facilities by Wed. and teams would be permitted to begin signing some players to conditional contracts.

MarkMaske MarkMaske

That would mean teams signing their rookies and re-signing their own free agents, all to contracts that are voided if lockout doesn't end.

MarkMaske MarkMaske

CBA then would have to be ratified by a majority of all NFL players. If that happens, camps open and full free agency begins Saturday.

MarkMaske MarkMaske

The timeline is subject to change but it would allow the preseason to begin as currently scheduled Aug. 11.

MarkMaske MarkMaske

Trades also would resume Saturday, under that plan.

I think the players were alot to blame for this, talking that "real fans will support us", when you're part of the reason why we don't have football. Otherwise, i'm glad football is back!......Sidebar, i wonder if TC attendence will be affected by the lockout. I would assume there would be alot of sour grapes remaining from alot of fans....mmmmm

Come on. It's their job. They're still not making an open market-based wage. I wish they'd held out longer. Kids that are 14 now will come into the league following this crud if it's a 10 year deal.

But fine, they signed, and it's time to start considering DirecTV again... ;)

I wonder how different the final deal will look from what the owners approved on Thursday. If it comes out that is just tweaked a little bit but basically the same, I wonder if our player rep is going to tweet that he was "misunderstood".

well its not actually official yet - it wil not be 100% until all the players vote and get a simple majority in favour - but it certainly sounds like its all over bar the shouting. Thank God and lets get back to talking about football!

Come on. It's their job. They're still not making an open market-based wage. I wish they'd held out longer. Kids that are 14 now will come into the league following this crud if it's a 10 year deal.

But fine, they signed, and it's time to start considering DirecTV again... ;)

I agree with you. How can the players be upset when they got most of the things they negotiated for? Re-certifying is a compromise that players will have to live with for the next 10 years. I understand why it was done and part of the pact that the owners agreed on.

So, it looks like the lockout is over and there will be football.

The NFL announced Thursday it would open its doors to players under contract two days after the NFLPA executive committee accepts the CBA and settlement terms from existing lawsuits. The league also said that free agency would start the day after the union is recertified.

Therefore, under this tentative schedule for recertification, the pre-league year buffer period could start Wednesday.

Under that scenario, teams could potentially open contract talks with their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents and draft choices Wednesday. However, no contracts could be signed until Saturday at the earliest. In that scenario, teams would also be able to renegotiate contracts with players from their own team starting as early as Wednesday.

Upon recertification of the union, free agency could start Saturday at 2 p.m. ET and rosters would be allowed to expand to 90 player

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6797238/2011-nfl-lockout-owners-players-come-deal-all-points-sources-say

this preseason might be one of the more entertaining ones in recent memory. I bet you this year the 3rd and 4th preseason games, we see starters play into the 3rd and 4th quarters. i bet we see starters play almost a half in the first 2 games and then the entire games in the other 2

this preseason might be one of the more entertaining ones in recent memory. I bet you this year the 3rd and 4th preseason games, we see starters play into the 3rd and 4th quarters. i bet we see starters play almost a half in the first 2 games and then the entire games in the other 2

Oh definitely it'll be a very interesting preseason to watch, could be some surprising cuts made and roster decisions that some don't see coming. CANT WAIT

Supposed to be hot as **** all next week, hope everybody is prepared for their conditioning tests! :cool:

:ols: I think it was NFL Network they were talking that the conditioning tests would be interesting to watch and that we might have a couple of the AH situations occur. Also add in that the teams will have to staff more doctors for physicals and it will be a hectic time right after the lockout ends

:ols: I think it was NFL Network they were talking that the conditioning tests would be interesting to watch and that we might have a couple of the AH situations occur. Also add in that the teams will have to staff more doctors for physicals and it will be a hectic time right after the lockout ends

I think I read that in the new CBA that conditioning tests are limited to checks on players hair. A whole new kind of split end in football.

I would have to think preseason games will actually be interesting to watch. With missed OTAs and what not and less practices during the season under the new CBA and no two-a-days full pad practices you would think coaches would now use these preseason games to squeeze in more practice time for his starters/potential starters that they will and have lost.

Archived