Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ford, Chevy, Toyota, or Dodge? (poll)

Bubble Screen

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Sweet. Forgot about those. I guess that makes 3 Toyotas I would own.:)

Btw, aside from the Tahoes, I love the Avalanches, too.

Dont forget the Sequoia..........I love mine.

---------- Post added July-11th-2011 at 11:40 PM ----------

Seriously, when did Toyota become such a guady, trashy brand? Every vehicle they make is either an oversized behemouth or overly styled redneck mobile.

Also, Toyota dealers, as a rule, tend to be the most obnoxious. I've experienced it way too many times to think it is chance. I will not set foot on a Toyota dealership

So Chevy is making the tasteful refined sedan, and toyota is making the butt-ugly overstyled over-priced gaudy POS. Is this bizarro world?

WTF are you talking about? I'll tell you what, when your piece of **** Chevy is broken down on the side of the interstate, I'll wave when I drive by in my Sequoia. I'll also give you three quick horn honks in a row so you know it's me :)

Wife used to have a Corolla and it was a great car till some ******* pulled out in front of her and totalled it. In fact, we bought her Corolla in Landover, MD when we were up for the Dallas/Skins game in 2002. Also, that dealership and the ones we took them too (and still do w/my SUV) have excellent customer service.

I think you had one or two bad experiences, don't hate :)

My wife and I just got an Ford Escape one of the better looking small SUV's, it's an awesome little SUV and we love it. Plus Ford needed no bailout so that makes me happy. Looking at the poll I can see why Chevy went down the tubes with Toyota winning the pole BUY AMERICAN PEOPLE!

None of the ones listed. Don't have a car/brand that I just absolutely love. I like my VW but it has it's fair share of problems that need fixing but it's an 11 year old car. My Saturn was a great car that ran like a champ but just lacked any appeal or nice options. I had a Grand Cherokee for only 1 year before I sold it. Awful car. Something always was breaking and was expensive and horrific gas mileage.

I love and hate cars. I dread having to buy a new car when mine dies because the experience is painful, most cars now a days are hard to work on yourself and there really isn't anything that appealing out there that has the right compromise of speed, mpg and carrying capacity. And will not cost an arm and a leg to fix with a simple problem.

None of the ones listed. Don't have a car/brand that I just absolutely love. I like my VW but it has it's fair share of problems that need fixing but it's an 11 year old car. My Saturn was a great car that ran like a champ but just lacked any appeal or nice options. I had a Grand Cherokee for only 1 year before I sold it. Awful car. Something always was breaking and was expensive and horrific gas mileage.

I love and hate cars. I dread having to buy a new car when mine dies because the experience is painful, most cars now a days are hard to work on yourself and there really isn't anything that appealing out there that has the right compromise of speed, mpg and carrying capacity. And will not cost an arm and a leg to fix with a simple problem.

I agree with you. I'm in the same boat with my VW. In looking for a new car I also can't find what I'm looking for in terms of speed, mpg and cargo space.

I agree with you. I'm in the same boat with my VW. In looking for a new car I also can't find what I'm looking for in terms of speed, mpg and cargo space.

Yup. I have a 99 GTI VR6 ... can carry my dog, hockey gear etc, can go fast when I want, decent MPG ... but has it's fair share of problems being an older car.

Over the past 14 years my wife and I have had:

Wife - 98 Camry, 2002 Camry, 2006 Highlander

Me - 96 Camry, 2000 4 Runner, 2002 Explorer (company car), 2006 Explorer

The only car I've had numerous things go wrong with is my '06 Explorer. The display on the A/C outside temp hasn't worked in years. Everything, brakes, filters, fog lamps...etc seem to wear out way too quickly. My last payment is this July and now the rear bearings are going bad and need replacement for $1,500 at 107K miles. Not gonna happen. I'm going to drive this PoS for another 6 months until my wife's Highlander is paid off and then I will be looking for another vehicle. More than likely, I'll look to a Toyota. It won't be a Ford.

Over the past 14 years my wife and I have had:

Wife - 98 Camry, 2002 Camry, 2006 Highlander

Me - 96 Camry, 2000 4 Runner, 2002 Explorer (company car), 2006 Explorer

The only car I've had numerous things go wrong with is my '06 Explorer. The display on the A/C outside temp hasn't worked in years. Everything, brakes, filters, fog lamps...etc seem to wear out way too quickly. My last payment is this July and now the rear bearings are going bad and need replacement for $1,500 at 107K miles. Not gonna happen. I'm going to drive this PoS for another 6 months until my wife's Highlander is paid off and then I will be looking for another vehicle. More than likely, I'll look to a Toyota. It won't be a Ford.

2002 and 2006 were the first model years of the 3rd and 4th generation Explorers. None of the Toyota's listed are in their first years. One thing I've noticed is that first model years of a new generation have far more likelihood of failures. This seems to go for any car. When I was researching Honda Accords, I was floored by the difference between the number of complaints between the 2003 Accord and the 2004 Accord. For whatever reason, companies are willing to put their cars on the road before they have the bugs worked out.

I avoid them like the plague, regardless of manufacturer.

I voted Ford but your options suck, there are plenty of other automakers out there. I would rank Subaru ahead of Ford since my last 3 cars were Subarus. If I can get a deal worked out, I decided my next car will be a Hyundai Elantra instead of the Focus.

Might help if you actually read through the thread. I mentioned my reasoning for listing those 4.:)

I vote Chevy. That is what I drive currently, and all I will probably ever own is GM. My 68 Chevy Truck hasn't given me too many problems and just keeps going. I also have a 37 Chevy truck I am building, and even though I am using some Ford parts, hopefully that will be a good truck too. I would love to get a 67-72 Chevy/GMC 4x4, or an 02 or so 2500HD with a Duramax.

Gotta vote for my GM Brethren, Chevy, just because I loved my Saturn so much... Drive a BMW now, and that thing has given me so many problems in the time I've owned it, I would have loved to still had the Saturn... But out of the four choices, I'd take a Corvette, Camaro, or Cobalt any day of the week over the others...

With that said RIP "People First" I could go on a rant about how well my dealer took care of me (rental keys in hand when I dropped the car off, free t-shirt when I bragged about them to corporate, etc), even though I didn't buy the car from them, but I won't...

I am a used car wholesaler and usually buy Toyotas for my personal use,that being said, there are alot of well made American cars on the market. G M trucks and SUV's in my opinion are very solid. I have seen Ford and GM products with over 300,000 mi.I also like the 2002 and newer Dodge trucks. The Chrysler 300C is quite a car.The new Mustangs that put out about 305 horsepower at around 30mpg are impressive. Toyota tends to use cheap plastic parts for door handles and interior parts and have their share of problems.However,Toyotas are hard to beat when it comes to mechanical reliability.Honda's have alot of transmission problems.Honda currently has service campaigns on seat belts and air bags.I believe the the gap between the foreign and domestic quality is very close at this point,I guess it comes down to preference.

Archived