Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the more physically gifted QB Rex Grossman or John Beck?

darrelgreenie

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

There is a hell of alot more to being a winning quarterback than physical talent.
Thank you captain obvious.

You realize no one in this thread is making the claim that physical talent is all there is to being a winning QB right?

See post #44`

Case in point, Kyle Boller is more "physically gifted" than Joe Montana but who would you rather have (in their prime) under center for your team?
Even though you picked an argument no one is making, you still chose a poor example.

Kyle Boller had a strong arm and timed fast but there was little athleticism i.e. playmaking to his game.

Joe Montana had phenomenal physical gifts for the QB position.

He was exceptionally quick, with feet like a ballerina.

He had exceptional accuracy, quick release.

His excellent/graceful movement skills allowed him to avoid the rush and be a playmaker.

But, back to the thread topic.

Care to comment on which QB you think is more physically gifted?

why is mcnabb so out of the question...not saying its the best idea but why not let him fight for the position as well just in case
Why is McNabb out of the question for which QB is the most physically gifted?

2 reasons: Odds are McNabb won't be on the Redskins roster and I don't have a question/interest in knowing whose more physically gifted between McNabb, Rex and Beck.

BTW-Who do you think is more physically gifted between Rex and Beck?

Why is McNabb out of the question for which QB is the most physically gifted?

2 reasons: Odds are McNabb won't be on the Redskins roster and I don't have a question/interest in knowing whose more physically gifted between McNabb, Rex and Beck.

BTW-Who do you think is more physically gifted between Rex and Beck?

What odds? The media's? From what McNabb haas said and what Allen said in his interview, just recently on the subject of McNabb, they both want this to work. Shanahan never said he doesn't want McNabb back. As far as I know, and maybe someone can provide evidence to the contrary, no one in the Redskins front office or on the coaching staff has said that McNabb is not in their plans. Everyone wants to put Rex Grossman in the discussion as an option when he is not even under contract with the Redskins and McNabb is. If Grossman was an option then why didn't they extend his contract or sign him at the end of the season? Grossman wants to be here, Beck wants to be the starter, and McNabb wants both. So this discussion about who is the most physically gifted is something that isn't even set in stone as even happening. The benching of McNabb last yeaar was wrong because you don't do that unless you know the season is lost and you want to see whaat you have at back up. If Beck was the future then he would have started or played games last year. Grossman staarted and played the last 4 or 5 games but didn't impress either Shanahan or Allen otherwise they would have signed him to at least an extension after the season but they didn't Now that draft has gone by and FA has been delayed I really think that McNabb will be here as the starter with Beck as the backup and sign someone else to be aa third option. I think that there will be competition for the starting position but McNAbb will beat out Beck for the job. Beck and Grossman remind me of another guy that had NFL talent but never became more than a back up plan. Todd Collins.

Name a Florida QB that was coached by Steve Spurrier that did anything in the NFL?

Prior to Aaron Rodgers, name a Jeff Tedford QB that did anything in the NFL.

This has nothing to do with Grossman, but simply to point out the fallacy that is assuming any QB from X college or X coach will be a bust.

---------- Post added July-6th-2011 at 01:08 PM ----------

Grossman staarted and played the last 4 or 5 games but didn't impress either Shanahan or Allen otherwise they would have signed him to at least an extension after the season but they didn't.

They also didn't sign Santana Moss to an extension after the season, does that mean they aren't interested in resigning him either?

...[whole bunch of completely off topic stuff].....Beck and Grossman remind me of another guy that had NFL talent but never became more than a back up plan. Todd Collins.
I know this is extremeskins where threads often veer off topic.

But, you've made no attempt to respond to the thread at all, which is fine but you haven't even responded to another post in this thread.

Why post in a thread/poll about a topic in which you have no interest?

So I ask again between Rex and Beck who do you think is more physically gifted?

I suspect most posters think there is very little real difference between Beck and Rex's physical gifts so they're not really answering your question.

Of course I could be wrong. I may be nuts in fact. After all, I'm actually excited about a Rex/Beck competition and think whoever wins is going to put up some very good numbers.

I suspect most posters think there is very little real difference between Beck and Rex's physical gifts so they're not really answering your question.

Of course I could be wrong. I may be nuts in fact. After all, I'm actually excited about a Rex/Beck competition and think whoever wins is going to put up some very good numbers.

The poll results are all I really need to get my answer.

And even answering that they think there is no difference between the physical skillset of Rex and Beck is an answer to my question.

I'm not sure about very good numbers, but I think whomever the QB is next year be it Rex or Beck or a FA/trade to be named later that QB will put up better numbers then people in this forum expect.

In fact my faith in Mike/Kyle's ability to coach and evaluate the QB position hangs the success of the QB they chose.

I believe Mike Shanahan when he says he has a plan for the QB position.

I also agree with Chris Cooley:

edit quote/link:

Obviously, they passed on a lot of guys that they had a chance to draft, so either they really like John Beck and Rex Grossman or they have someone else in mind

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8201f9ce/Cooley-McNabb-won-t-return

If the staff/FO chose to ignore the QB position entirely during the draft then they should have a viable answer to our QB quandry.

So count me as nuts too then.

Because I'm looking forward to watching our passing offense next year; especially if the Burgundy and Gold re-sign Moss.

I'm not sure about very good numbers, but I think whomever the QB is next year be it Rex or Beck or a FA/trade to be named later that QB will put up better numbers then people in this forum expect.

In fact my faith in Mike/Kyle's ability to coach and evaluate the QB position hangs the success of the QB they chose.

I believe Mike Shanahan when he says he has a plan for the QB position.

I also agree with Chris Cooley:

If the staff/FO chose to ignore the QB position entirely during the draft then they should have a viable answer to our QB quandry.

So count me as nuts too then.

Because I'm looking forward to watching our passing offense next year; especially if the Burgundy and Gold re-sign Moss.

Agree 100 percent.

dont know. havent seen either one naked.

And let's just hope it stays that way. For all of us. :paranoid:

For the record books,I'm still recovering from seeing those two names and "athletically gifted" in the same sentence.

:silly:

An excelled read, from a very well-qualified observer:

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2011/07/06/emerging-nfl-talents-qb-john-beck-redskins/

Warning: kinda long (how long have "that's what she said" jokes been considered lame?)

I remember an article he wrote that we discussed in the draft thread.

I like the way this guy thinks.

And I like his breakdown format reminds me of...............

Thanks for the link Conn, I'm gonna add his breakdown of the Phins game to the A Closer Look at Beck thread.

BTW-What's your opinion Rex vs Beck from a skillset standpoint?

I remember an article he wrote that we discussed in the draft thread.

I like the way this guy thinks.

And I like his breakdown format reminds me of...............

Thanks for the link Conn, I'm gonna add his breakdown of the Phins game to the A Closer Look at Beck thread.

BTW-What's your opinion Rex vs Beck from a skillset standpoint?

As I was reading that article earlier I was thinkin "This reminds me of DG's breakdowns" haha.

I've been following him on twitter for a while. Really enjoy reading his thoughts.

As I was reading that article earlier I was thinkin "This reminds me of DG's breakdowns" haha.

I've been following him on twitter for a while. Really enjoy reading his thoughts.

You did a good breakdown of Beck's vs Cards pre-season game yourself. (Which I still owe you a reply to sorry)

I didn't know this guy was on twitter what's his twitter name?

I have never seen Beck play.

So' date=' I'm going with Beck.[/quote']

Lmao, nice.

Like I told all my friends, if we resign Rex, I'm totally getting a jersey. Reason being we are not going to be any good for a few years, and I honestly like to watch Rex play. It could be a 4 td game, or a 4 pick game. Pure entertainment. Les grossman, sexy rexy, the nicknames will be great. Buy in to the man they call Sexy Rexy DC.

I miss football

You did a good breakdown of Beck's vs Cards pre-season game yourself. (Which I still owe you a reply to sorry)

I didn't know this guy was on twitter what's his twitter name?

I still need to do the second half of my breakdown man. I've already watched both preseason videos of him, just gotta write it down. Hopefully soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/MattWaldman

Lmao, nice.

Like I told all my friends, if we resign Rex, I'm totally getting a jersey. Reason being we are not going to be any good for a few years, and I honestly like to watch Rex play. It could be a 4 td game, or a 4 pick game. Pure entertainment. Les grossman, sexy rexy, the nicknames will be great. Buy in to the man they call Sexy Rexy DC.

I miss football

I miss it too. And I could totally see Rex throwing for 35 tds and 30 picks. For better and for worse, dude is a gunslinger.

4 games in 2007 for a 1-15 team that had little talent on it in Miami? :)

Who knows WHAT Beck has to offer?

My only concern is that Ozzie Newsome who is a pretty shrewd GM had the chance to watch Beck in practice every day and didn't have any regrets in shipping him to the Redskins for a ham sandwich.

4 games in 2007 for a 1-15 team that had little talent on it in Miami? :)

Who knows WHAT Beck has to offer?

No doubt.

But, if you've seen Beck or heard about Beck or did a google search.

Based on what you know about Beck's physical skillset do you think he or Rex has more physical talent?

Archived