Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the more physically gifted QB Rex Grossman or John Beck?

darrelgreenie

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Neither of them possess a physically gifted set of skills. Each has the skills to be a QB but neither of them have won games with good judgement otherwise they would still be starters with the teams that drafted them.

Neither of them possess a physically gifted set of skills. Each has the skills to be a QB
Who do you think is more physically gifted though?

---------- Post added July-4th-2011 at 04:27 PM ----------

A better athlete or better physically to play QB? Beck is more mobile, but I'd say that Grossman has a better arm. I said Rex.
So, if Beck had a stronger arm would he have been your choice?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ohn-beck_N.htm

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/08/11/...ony-armstrong/

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?347823-A-Closer-Look-at-John-Beck-2010-Preseasn-Cards-amp-Jets&p=8362086&viewfull=1#post8362086

Well, out of the two, I'd have to go with Beck. Still can't get over Grossmans 4th down play against the Giants, throwing to a wide open Austin as if he's 8ft tall. Just terrible, still shaking my head till this day about it.

Well, out of the two, I'd have to go with Beck. Still can't get over Grossmans 4th down play against the Giants, throwing to a wide open Austin as if he's 8ft tall. Just terrible, still shaking my head till this day about it.

Story of his career. Though those ones from the clown usually sail over his intended targets head straight into the hands of the gleefully waiting DB the other side.

Hail.

Who do you think is more physically gifted though?

---------- Post added July-4th-2011 at 04:27 PM ----------

So, if Beck had a stronger arm would he have been your choice?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ohn-beck_N.htm

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/08/11/...ony-armstrong/

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?347823-A-Closer-Look-at-John-Beck-2010-Preseasn-Cards-amp-Jets&p=8362086&viewfull=1#post8362086

Why should I choose between two guys that have never done anything to impress me? They both are guys that have never won anything or led teams to championships in college or the NFL. Neither is special and they have too many questions about them otherwise they wouldn't be with the Redskins which is their third team in their NFL career's. Not exactly screaming of physicaally gifted now is it?

Why should I choose between two guys that have never done anything to impress me? They both are guys that have never won anything or led teams to championships in college or the NFL. Neither is special and they have too many questions about them otherwise they wouldn't be with the Redskins which is their third team in their NFL career's. Not exactly screaming of physicaally gifted now is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Grossman

As a college quarterback, Grossman led the Florida Gators to the 2000 Southeastern Conference (SEC) Championship, the 2001 Sugar Bowl, the 2002 Orange Bowl and the 2003 Outback Bowl. He was an All-American and the runner-up for the Heisman Trophy in 2001.......

He completed his first full NFL season in 2006, leading the Bears to a National Football Conference Championship and a Super Bowl berth

Come no now Rex is easy to bash, but at least be honest.

Easily Rex. He's actually done something and his college career destroys Beck as well. Beck has literally done nothing to base an opinion on.

I agree with you...... Lots of people bashing Rex on here suprizes me. Why Rex is not the best QB by far, he did have us in all of the games he started last year. He threw 4 TD passes in the Dallas game. I love all the new draft picks we added, and I actually think if Rex starts for us this year we will have a good chance to win games.

-I really dont know much about Beck, so im not going to vote on the poll. But I do think Rex has a good arm

Why should I choose between two guys that have never done anything to impress me?
I don't follow.

What does them not impressing you have to do with which QB is more physically gifted?

They both are guys that have never won anything or led teams to championships in college or the NFL. Neither is special and they have too many questions about them otherwise they wouldn't be with the Redskins which is their third team in their NFL career's. Not exactly screaming of physicaally gifted now is it?
Nothing you mention has anything to do with my question.

The question I'm asking is specific.

You chose to go in some other direction.

So I ask again, which QB do you think is more physically gifted (or has a better physical skillset)?

---------- Post added July-4th-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

Easily Rex. He's actually done something and his college career destroys Beck as well. Beck has literally done nothing to base an opinion on.
To be fair the question is about physical attributes not about their college accomplishments. (and for the record Beck's college stats are impressive)

I don't know if I agree scruffy. Naturally Grossman has a better record for the NFL, but to compare his NFL career to Beck, who only has started 5 games total (which was in his first season), I think is a bit premature. Remember he was also in Baltimore and when you have a QB like Flacco doing well, you aren't going to be given a chance.

Naturally I don't find Grossman impressive at all (not saying you do, considering this is between the two), but all that success the Bears had can be handed to their D and Hester. I remember in 06 Bears fans hating on him hardcore, probably because of this:

rgrossmanstats2006.png

With that said, looking at their college careers, I really don't see anything to say Grossman is 'that much better.' Simple fact being, Grossman play for Florida, Beck was at BYU. No disrespect to BYU, but I think we all know who has the better program between the two.

This is their stats from their last three years (being Grossman didn't play Freshman).

2000 - 131/212...61.8%....1,866.....21TD...7INT

2001 - 259/395...65.6%....3,896.....34TD...12INT

2002 - 287/503...57.1%....3,402.....22TD...17INT

2004 - 192/343...56.0%....2,563.....15TD...8INT

2005 - 331/513...64.5%....3,709.....27TD...13INT

2006 - 289/417...69.3%....3,885.....32TD...8INT

Each year Beck got better, where Grossman (much like his career in the NFL) went up and down. Personally I would take Beck over him because as I said, Grossman had the RB's and WR's to throw to, where Beck didn't.

I think Grossman has the better arm, but his accuracy is just flat out terrible, where Beck might not have a big arm, but his accuracy is decent.

Personally I believe it's worth giving Beck the shot, considering he could be our secret weapon. Nobody is expecting him to do things, but if he builds off of his college career, who knows what the guy is capable of. He'll have a decent line, young WR's, running core, much better than he would at BYU.

We'll see what happens though. Could you tell I was bored tonight :ols:

Alot of ppl just look at Rex's 06 year with the bears and judge him on that up-down year he had. lol, like the **** it im going deep fan club above. He was alot younger then. Watching him last year in his starts I feel he is a totally different QB. His dession making skills have gotten much better.

really? you obviously never played any sports

Archived