Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: When Will the Lockout End?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've admittedly turned my brain off from the NFL for the most part this year. Other than the draft and the Super Bowl I've stayed away from keeping up with much else. This whole situation is annoying and really just hurts the fans in the end.

Teams have already missed what would've been OTAs, and training camps would normally be starting in a little over a month.

Considering how admittedly uneducated I am on lockout happenings, I'm curious to see how/when you guys think this will end.

i think the two sides are not as far apart as the media makes it seem.

there is just too much money left on the table. and as much as they think they're invincible... they could sour a lot of fans and lose some of their ground in the sports market if they're not careful.

I think the end is near, and I know it's in court, but I would hope they would speed up the time between these court dates, considering it's the NFL. I know, I have to wait a month to go to court for something, and things like the OJ trial took forever, but I don't think we need all this time for delegation or investigation with this 'case'. Both sides know what they want, there isn't any bloody glove to find. If it has to come to a judge giving an ultimatum and decision, then just ****ing do it already.

Per rotoworld:

The NFL owners and players are meeting in the Washington D.C. area Tuesday, and according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen are "in deal-making mode."

NFL Network's Albert Breer has more. The negotiations are expected to last through Wednesday, and are taking place on Maryland's Eastern Shore. This is the third set of such meetings. The first took place in Chicago in late May, the second in New York. The owners will also meet again in Chicago next week.

This is what we want. One bad or good sign- lawyers are now involved again. It could be an agreement has been reached and the lawyers are now drawing up the agreement. Or the lawyers could **** things up again.

I'm ready for a return to football. This normal deadtime this summer will be replaced with a mad dash of free agency.

What indication is being touted is if we lose the preseason then the owners each lose 2 games and the ticket and concession money.....that is 12% of their annual income so owners should deal in early July to keep the regular preseason and season schedule so it doesn't hurt their pockets....IMO.

Archived