Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

25th anniversary of Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Favorite Scenes?

Sticksboi05

Well, it is June 11, 2011 and that means the 80's classic, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is now 25 years old, released June 11, 1986. Recently watched it for the gazillionth time the other day.

My favorite scene is when Rooney thinks he sees Bueller in the arcade and he goes up behind that chick and goes "Les juex sont faits...translation, the game is up..your ass is MINE!"

I like when they're screwing with Rooney on the phone and he thinks the kid's dad is coming down to punch him in the nose. When he hands the phone off to his secretary who tries to sound like him it just cracks me up

~Bang

I think Bang might have the same as me. I do enjoy once they bust out Sloan and start heading downtown. The song "Beat City" is playing and its just aerial shots of Chicago.

That and Ferris "singing" in the parade.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7kj5K3BxA6s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A lot of great scenes in that movie. We ran around quoting that movie for months after seeing it in the theaters. Still do on occasion. This one as the basis for my photography.

HbR7axof1wk

Another favorite part:

rIqWSPUh2rY

:ols: Arguing with himself in the car. Almost reminds me of me at that age. :silly:

Cameron's speech about standing up to his dad, then accidentally nudging the car on to its spinning wheels. VROOM! CRASH!

If I had to pick one this would be my, but I love the whole movie I don't think I would want to pick one. Another is when Ferris is running back to his house at the end of the movie. He sees the girls in bikinis and turns around to go back to say hi to them.

Two scenes: Rooney doing the sprint/walk/sprint routine down the hallway to get Ferris' gf out of class. And, this series of quotes:

"Mr. Rooney: I don't trust this kid any further than I can throw him.

Grace: Well, with your bad knee, Ed, you shouldn't throw anybody... It's true.

Mr. Rooney: What is so dangerous about a character like Ferris Bueller is he gives good kids bad ideas. Last thing I need at this point in my career is fifteen hundred Ferris Bueller disciples running around these halls. He jeopardizes my ability to effectively govern this student body.

Grace: He makes you look like an ass, is what he does, Ed.

Mr. Rooney: Thank you, Grace, but I think you're wrong.

Grace: Oh, he's very popular, Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wasteoids, dweebies, ********s — they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude. Mr. Rooney: That is why I need to show these kids that the example he sets is a first-class ticket to nowhere!

Grace: Oh, Ed, you sounded like Dirty Harry just then.

Mr. Rooney: Really? Thanks, Grace."

That's a really beautifully shot movie - which is somewhat shocking for a John Hughes film. There is a beautiful scene where Cameron is staring at the Seurat painting while The Dream Academy version of "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" is playing on the soundtrack. I find that scene incredibly moving.

(I like odd scenes like that in movies. My favorite scene in Grosse Point Blank is the scene where he is staring at the baby with Under Pressure playing in the background).

"We ate pancreas" is a great line.

Archived