Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can someone explain Seinfeld to me

Capt. Kaos

Great show. Can't wait for Curb your Enthusiasm to start back up! Larry David is the man!!

I stopped watching Curb Your Enthusiasm a while back. Did his wife on the show ever leave the show? I read she was supposed to and that's why they got a divorce on the show, but that's right around he time I stopped watching. I think I canceled HBO shortly there after. For an older lady, I found her attractive.

I stopped watching Curb Your Enthusiasm a while back. Did his wife on the show ever leave the show? I read she was supposed to and that's why they got a divorce on the show, but that's right around he time I stopped watching. I think I canceled HBO shortly there after. For an older lady, I found her attractive.

She's still on the show.

She's still on the show.

Nice. Larry casted well with her. Very attractive for her age, and plays the part well in my opinion. With Curb Your Enthusiasm, Ive been told that the show had no concrete dialogue or script, just a premise of what needed to happen in the episode and the majority of the show was ad-lib. Can anyone verify that?

Nice. Larry casted well with her. Very attractive for her age, and plays the part well in my opinion. With Curb Your Enthusiasm, Ive been told that the show had no concrete dialogue or script, just a premise of what needed to happen in the episode and the majority of the show was ad-lib. Can anyone verify that?

Yeah, it's basically just an outline that Larry draws up and then they pretty much improvise all of the scenes.

You should check out the recent seasons that you have missed. They've been great.

They work off a detailed outline.

Yeah, it's basically just an outline that Larry draws up and then they pretty much improvise all of the scenes.

You should check out the recent seasons that you have missed. They've been great.

I want to say that one of the last episodes I saw was the one with Larry and Hugh Hefner and the mix up of the smoking jackets.

Best thing about Seinfeld is it never had that "touching, emotional" episode. There was no serious part. No faux-drama like so many Sitcoms feel the need to add, to corny results.

If you don't get it, my guess is you haven't watched the show enough to get to know the characters and their personalities. Once you get to know the characters you'll realize how hilarious each of them are.

Btw-I agree about Curb being awesome as well. Larry David just gets TV comedy.

I had a similar reaction to "Arrested Development"...kept hearing about how incredibly funny it was, one of the best shows on tv...never really watched it, though. Decided it was overrated before ever watching an episode.

Then I sat down and watched the entire run of the series on Hulu several years ago. What an incredible show!! :ols:...Jeebus, that show was so damn funny I kicked myself for blowing it off for so long.

Seinfeld was outstanding for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it showed four very flawed individuals humorously stumbling through their lives and experiencing things most of us experience in our lives as well. And it excelled at nailing the small things...during an early episode Jerry's mom and dad are staying at his apartment. The TV is blaring, Jerry's parents have the volume up so loud he can hear it on the street down the block. Dad is reclining on the couch, and has the remote resting nicely on top of his huge gut lol...the phone rings and mom and dad yell back and forth over the volume of the television about who should answer it...it was about 45 seconds of "OMG, I've experienced ALL of that before" :ols:...

And I find it next to impossible to believe anyone could watch "The Contest" and not bust out laughing throughout the episode lol...Kramer announcing "I'm out!" 5 minutes after spotting the naked lady across the street in her apartment...then showing Jerry, George and Elaine all fidgeting in their beds that night, unable to get comfortable and fall asleep while Kramer rests perfectly with a content smile on his face, sleeping like a baby lol :rotflmao:...Every viewer in America silently said "Yeah, I've been there, Kramer"...Only Seinfeld could ask America "How long could YOU go without masturbating?"

I had a similar reaction to "Arrested Development"...kept hearing about how incredibly funny it was, one of the best shows on tv...never really watched it, though. Decided it was overrated before ever watching an episode.

Then I sat down and watched the entire run of the series on Hulu several years ago. What an incredible show!! :ols:...Jeebus, that show was so damn funny I kicked myself for blowing it off for so long.

Seinfeld was outstanding for a variety of reasons, but mostly because it showed four very flawed individuals humorously stumbling through their lives and experiencing things most of us experience in our lives as well. And it excelled at nailing the small things...during an early episode Jerry's mom and dad are staying at his apartment. The TV is blaring, Jerry's parents have the volume up so loud he can hear it on the street down the block. Dad is reclining on the couch, and has the remote resting nicely on top of his huge gut lol...the phone rings and mom and dad yell back and forth over the volume of the television about who should answer it...it was about 45 seconds of "OMG, I've experienced ALL of that before" :ols:...

And I find it next to impossible to believe anyone could watch "The Contest" and not bust out laughing throughout the episode lol...Kramer announcing "I'm out!" 5 minutes after spotting the naked lady across the street in her apartment...then showing Jerry, George and Elaine all fidgeting in their beds that night, unable to get comfortable and fall asleep while Kramer rests perfectly with a content smile on his face, sleeping like a baby lol :rotflmao:...Every viewer in America silently said "Yeah, I've been there, Kramer"...Only Seinfeld could ask America "How long could YOU go without masturbating?"

A.D. = WIN

And 100% agree to everything you said about The Contest. Or the episode where they are supposed to go with Elaine to have dinner with Peterman but Elaine can't go because she has that date. So they are sweating, trying to come up with an excuse to get out. We've been there. Or when they have to sit with Elaine's dad while she helps Kramer and he's an old jerk and they don't even know what to say. One of my favorite dialogues is form that episode, The Jacket...

Mr. Benes - "So...which one of you is supposed to be the funny guy...?"

George - "Oh, Jerry is, he's a comedian, he's very funny!"

Jerry - "I'm just like everyone else...really"

Mr. Benes - "We had a funny guy in Korea.....tail gunner....blew his brains out all over the Pacific...and there's nothing funny about that."

Like how can you not laugh at the awkwardness of that?

A.D. = WIN

And 100% agree to everything you said about The Contest. Or the episode where they are supposed to go with Elaine to have dinner with Peterman but Elaine can't go because she has that date. So they are sweating, trying to come up with an excuse to get out. We've been there. Or when they have to sit with Elaine's dad while she helps Kramer and he's an old jerk and they don't even know what to say. One of my favorite dialogues is form that episode, The Jacket...

Mr. Benes - "So...which one of you is supposed to be the funny guy...?"

George - "Oh, Jerry is, he's a comedian, he's very funny!"

Jerry - "I'm just like everyone else...really"

Mr. Benes - "We had a funny guy in Korea.....tail gunner....blew his brains out all over the Pacific...and there's nothing funny about that."

Like how can you not laugh at the awkwardness of that?

:ols: :yes:...

Elaine: "Where's my father?"

George (mimicking Elaine's father): "He went to da bat-troom!"

I could never get into CYE nearly as much as Seinfeld, simply because the characters were not remotely as interesting as Seinfeld.

The same humor might have been there, but I couldn't tell, because the delivery was awful.

You're smoking something. The delivery was awful?

CYE is ****ing hilarious.

I don't see how you can like Seinfeld and not like CYE.

Sorry, I don't see the humor in simply tripping Shaq. :whoknows:

On top of that, there's nothing psychotic or intriguing about those characters, either, like there was with Seinfeld. The characters just come across as regular guys.

I hope they got funnier stuff than tripping Shaq by accident ?

Arrested Development had a marathon on Memorial Day, absolutely awesome seeing those again. Great show!

"Is that a titleist? A hole in one eh?"

"Who doesn't want to wear de ribbon?"

"Welcome to moviephone...why don't you just tell me the name of the movie" :ols:

"You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe...I lost my train of thought"

"Thats gold Jerry, GOLD!"

"Jumbalya!"

"Mulva?"

Sorry, I don't see the humor in simply tripping Shaq. :whoknows:

On top of that, there's nothing psychotic or intriguing about those characters, either, like there was with Seinfeld. The characters just come across as regular guys.

I hope they got funnier stuff than tripping Shaq by accident ?

Considering the character of George was based on Larry David . . . ah, whatever - you're one of the only Seinfeld fans I've ever talked to that didn't like CYE.

Archived