Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can someone explain Seinfeld to me

Capt. Kaos

Just gotta say, that just like in the greatest sitcoms thread I Love Lucy >>>>> Seinfeld, but Seinfeld is greater than just about everything else. And George made Seinfeld. Kramer could be replaced by just about anybody, but George's character is the guy who always goes there, he's always the one who says what we're thinking but don't want to actually do because of fear of the consequences, like the bed in his office, awe how I would love do that....or when he didn't know how to break up with a girl so he cheated on her, but then neither one would break up with him....or when dude double dipped the chip....or when he ate the trash......I watch the show in spite of Kramer not because of Kramer....nah thats being mean, I like Kramer's bits too, but not nearly as much as George's. George is basically living my life and gets to say what I can't say so I find it freakin hilarious based on that.

A weird thing about Seinfeld was that Jerry Seinfeld, the standup comedian in the cast, mostly played the straight man to the other characters.

Just gotta say, that just like in the greatest sitcoms thread I Love Lucy >>>>> Seinfeld, but Seinfeld is greater than just about everything else. And George made Seinfeld. Kramer could be replaced by just about anybody, but George's character is the guy who always goes there, he's always the one who says what we're thinking but don't want to actually do because of fear of the consequences, like the bed in his office, awe how I would love do that....or when he didn't know how to break up with a girl so he cheated on her, but then neither one would break up with him....or when dude double dipped the chip....or when he ate the trash......I watch the show in spite of Kramer not because of Kramer....nah thats being mean, I like Kramer's bits too, but not nearly as much as George's. George is basically living my life and gets to say what I can't say so I find it freakin hilarious based on that.

I'm sure you loved the "Opposite" episode, where George does the exact opposite of everything his instincts tell him to do, and his life turns around - he lands a dream job with the Yankees, gets the hot girl, etc. His first meeting with Steinbrenner in that episode was classic:

xiwtXHPwGPE

A weird thing about Seinfeld was that Jerry Seinfeld, the standup comedian in the cast, mostly played the straight man to the other characters.

I'm sure you loved the "Opposite" episode, where George does the exact opposite of everything his instincts tell him to do, and his life turns around - he lands a dream job with the Yankees, gets the hot girl, etc. His first meeting with Steinbrenner in that episode was classic:

xiwtXHPwGPE

yes! Classic!!!!

Very good assesment. I like the "Cry, Cry again" episode where Elaine dances. I have a female friend that dances like her, I think of that episode every time I see her trying to "get down"

Sparked by all the love Seinfeld is getting in This Thread , can someone please explain the appeal to me.

While your at it you can help me with:

The Office and Chick-fil-a

too funny dude ...:ols:

its weird, i've never heard someone say this. I'm not sure ... i guess you just need a special brand of humor to get it, same with the office ...

NOW CHICK-FIL-A ...dude, i'm with you on that. I mean, its freaking chicken. Popeyes kills this place every day the week and 2x on Sundays.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 12:11 PM ----------

You've selected...Brown Eyed Girl!
Why don't you just tell me what movie you want to see ...

classic ...classic.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

. Kramer could be replaced by just about anybody.

Incredible, how could you say that? The equilavent of that statement is like saying Drew Brees could be replaced by anybody and the Saints would still be good.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 12:16 PM ----------

Kramer's face when George holds up the ball is priceless.

his faces were priceless ... so money. not sure how the one poster said he could be replaced by anyone.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

* Vandelay Industries (stumbling out of the bathroom)

* Bubble boy ("No...the answer is Moops")

* Shrinkage

* "It" moved

* "It's all pipes..whats the difference?"

* Susan's death. "Any one up for coffee?"

* Shoving eldery/kids out of the way to avoid kitchen fire.

So many classic moments.

How about this exchange ...

Jerry: So George, how do I beat this lie detector?

George: I'm sorry, Jerry I can't help you.

Jerry: Come on, you've got the gift. You're the only one that can help me.

George: Jerry, I can't. It's like saying to Pavorotti, "Teach me to sing like you."

Jerry: All right, well I've got to go take this test. I can't believe I'm doing this.

George: Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie... if you believe it.

"He stole my move!"

when the guy didnt notice George giving a tip!

"Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorence on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time. "

"Vandelay! Say Vandelay!"

"Kramer goes to a fantasy camp? His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp. "

"Do you realize in the entire history of western civilization no one has successfully accomplished the Roommate Switch? In the Middle Ages you could get locked up for even suggesting it. "

"sheee's bald!"

I mean I can go on and on.

The Big Bang Theory

Modern Family

Community

The Middle

Raising Hope

Traffic Light

Off the top of my head these are a couple of the current sitcoms I enjoy.

Community is great. One of my current favorites. I've heard good things about Big bang and raising Hope just haven't gotten to check them out yet.

It's not your sense of humor that's off, going off the shows you listed, so my only guess as to why you don't get Seinfeld is that it was hyped up way too much by others so by the time you saw it your expectations were really high, and then you see a subtle show you have to get first before you start laughing your ass off, and hence the whole experience was ruined for you. Same thing happened to me with Pineapple Express.

Archived