Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casey Anthony's Defense = Scorched Earth Policy

Dan T.

Holy Toledo. Casey Anthony is throwing her entire family under the bus in a desperate attempt to fight a murder conviction for the killing of her toddler daughter Cayley.

In defense's opening statement, her attorney asserted that Cayley drowned in her grandparents' pool due to their negligence. She didn't alert authorities because she panicked, the defense said, and that Casey's dad disposed of the body after covering her mouth with duct tape. The defense also claimed in the opening that both Casey's dad and her brother sexually abused her, and that the brother actually might have been Cayley's father.

(If she is somehow exonerated, imagine the fun times at the next Anthony Thanksgiving dinner.)

None of that explains why Casey Anthony spent the next 31 days after her daughter was killed in a lighthearted, carefree party spree, including entering a local bar's "hot body" contest, why she was caught in a string lies about where her daughter was, each more outlandish than the next, why she borrowed a shovel from a neighbor two days after her daughter disappeared, and why the trunk of her car had the stench of a dead body.

Casey Anthony is a manipulative psychopath, and I hope to God the jury doesn't buy the sack of lies the defense is selling.

Opening statement recap

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20497142,00.html

Second day recap

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20497499,00.html

Didn't know much about the case but my mom is obsessed with it so I checked out the first day yesterday. What a ****. Maybe I'm wrong but the whole thing with her father seems like utter bull**** and I feel sorry for him. From what I can tell he's been by her side the whole time and she just **** all over him. Messed up. I hope they bury her ass.

DNA tests have been performed for both George and Lee Anthony to exclude them from being Caylee's father. They were indeed excluded. If the defense sought to portray Casey in a "poor abused victim" light, I think it's a huge fail. First witness for the prosecution (great movie BTW) was George Anthony. The only one to bolster the defense story is Casey and she would be a fool to take the stand. But it's not out of the realm of possibility. Sociopaths think they can fool anyone. And they do for a long time and then the game is up.

Didn't know much about the case but my mom is obsessed with it so I checked out the first day yesterday.

I read a little bit about it months ago when she was first arrested. It is appallingly fascinating because she exhibits the classic signs of socipathic behavior in the aftermath of the murder and in jailhouse recordings of conversations with her family after she was arrested. I haven't yet, but I may get sucked into following this trial.

If you don't stop at killing your child, throwing your family under the bus is no reach.

I guess when it gets right down to "how ****ed up can one person really be", she did set the bar fairly high for herself. What a shame. Morals people, its not that difficult.

Damn, I was under the impression the prosecution only had circumstantial evidence.

Living in Florida, this case is obviously a big deal here 24/7. I really have not taken that much interest in it, but I believe you're correct. I'm not sure if the trunk evidence was allowed. I don't think it was or could be proved a corpse inhabited it. Something like that. The chloroform evidence I'm not sure of either. The biggest things working against her I think are the damning Google searches, pictures of her partying during the time her daughter was missing, and the fictional story about the nanny. I think she's as guilty as hell and a complete piece of garbage. I really try not to be a judgemental person, but sometimes it's warranted.

Tell me again why teen pregnancy out of wedlock is not a problem.

I think she liked the attention she got when she was pregnant but was in no way prepared to give up the normal life of a person in their early 20's, settle down and devote the time and resources necessary to be a good parent.

Just because daddy ****ed you (if true) doesn't mean you didn't kill your own child.

I believe Casey referred to her friend as "Zanny" correct?

Zanny = Zanny the Nanny.

Or to put it in proper spelling:

Xanny the Nanny... As in giving her kid Xanax.

At least that's my opinion.

PS: George never met "Zanny". In fact, I'm not sure anyone besides Caylee and Casey knew "Zanny"

Truck evidence will be presented as well as chloroform. It was not excluded in pre-trial motions, much to the dismay of the defense. Also, a hair showing decomposition was also found in the trunk and that will go in as well. Lots for the defense to overcome here, and I think their theory is going to be blown up. George has already testified that he didn't see Caylee so how could he bring Caylee's lifeless body from the pool to Casey. The only way to discredit him is to put Casey on the stand. She's going to be confronted by every lie she has told about this case and do you really think the jury will believe her testimony now.

Tell me again why teen pregnancy out of wedlock is not a problem.

A couple thoughts...of course teen pregnancy out of wedlock isn't ideal, but unfortunately there have been plenty of middle-aged, married mothers who have harmed and killed their children too. This girl appears to be a piece of trash, but I'm not sure her age is the reason.

A couple thoughts...of course teen pregnancy out of wedlock isn't ideal, but unfortunately there have been plenty of middle-aged, married mothers who have harmed and killed their children too. This girl appears to be a piece of trash, but I'm not sure her age is the reason.
I'm certainly not saying that all unwed teen mothers will all harm their children. But I think this is definitely one of the problems here. It seems like she wanted to party it up and be carefree like most folks in their early 20's instead of sitting at home reading books to her child.

Damn, I was under the impression the prosecution only had circumstantial evidence.

Yes...but a OVERWHEMLING amount of circumstantial evidence. No witness to the murder and no iron clad DNA but enough circumstantial evidence that, in my mind, is well beyond a reasonable doubt.

This is the first I have ever heard of this case, I'm just appalled. As a father of a little girl this is heartbreaking, I'm only 26, but taking care of your kid > partying/having fun. Of course I want to go out and have a few beers and watch the game, but it pales in comparison to watching my daughter play with a box (of a toy that I just bought her...why do they do that?) I just don't know how some people can live with themselves, this is truely dispicable.

Archived