Extremeskins

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

JMac

Less than 60 minutes for you east coasters

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 09:07 PM ----------

I've played a few games with you and your crew. PSN dcskins87

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 08:07 PM ----------

My ONLY complaint is that the headband just seems a bit flimsy and I'm afraid that some kid is gonna tube me and I'm gonna chuck that thing across the room and snap it in half. That would suck haha.

Dude that would suck big time :ols:

Be gentle

Boh oh boy....where to begin. I consider myself one of the top 10 COD fanboys of extremeskins, so I say this with a heavy heart.

This game is MW 2.5. Looks 97% the same as mw2 did in 2009. But I knew visually MW3 wouldn't be able to compete with BF3, so I guess I'm okay there.

But the game....it looks......plays........feels...sounds.....the same. After all the hype from devs about how the new killstreak system and perks would finally give COD a "new, fresh" feeling for once...it was all BS. We've been swindled. I mean, dude. If somebody would've told me this was a giant map pack for MW2, I'd believe it.

I got online last night around 1:00 with the rest of the die hards. All i heard in the lobby was "what the hell?" and "this **** sucks."

Dude, between BF3 being so freaking AMAZING, and MW3 being so blah...this really could be the turning point in the battle of the FPS world. Sure, Call of Duty will always have it's ultimate fanboys, myself included. But after spending $100 on this crap, I might not buy the next installment of COD...IT'S THAT BAD. Or, maybe it isn't fair for me to say "bad," because I knew it would be kinda similar to MW2. But there's definitely NOTHING new about it.

Battlefield 3 >>>>> MW3. not even close.

Boh oh boy....where to begin. I consider myself one of the top 10 COD fanboys of extremeskins, so I say this with a heavy heart.

This game is MW 2.5. Looks 97% the same as mw2 did in 2009. But I knew visually MW3 wouldn't be able to compete with BF3, so I guess I'm okay there.

But the game....it looks......plays........feels...sounds.....the same. After all the hype from devs about how the new killstreak system and perks would finally give COD a "new, fresh" feeling for once...it was all BS. We've been swindled. I mean, dude. If somebody would've told me this was a giant map pack for MW2, I'd believe it.

I got online last night around 1:00 with the rest of the die hards. All i heard in the lobby was "what the hell?" and "this **** sucks."

Dude, between BF3 being so freaking AMAZING, and MW3 being so blah...this really could be the turning point in the battle of the FPS world. Sure, Call of Duty will always have it's ultimate fanboys, myself included. But after spending $100 on this crap, I might not buy the next installment of COD...IT'S THAT BAD. Or, maybe it isn't fair for me to say "bad," because I knew it would be kinda similar to MW2. But there's definitely NOTHING new about it.

Battlefield 3 >>>>> MW3. not even close.

facepalm.gif

Unbelievable. This is why I don't go to midnight releases anymore. First and only time I did it was when Halo 2 came out, and that disappointment taught me to sift through game reviews before throwing money at an unproven game. So does everyone feel this way?

I am ok with MW2 2.5. It wasn't hard to figure out that this game was going to be very similar to MW2 from the previews and demos. Not sure what people were expecting. It looked and felt exactly the same but with a revamped multiplayer system.

I love MW2 and most of the 360 guys were playing it up until two weeks ago. Sounds good to me. If they took out 15 ft knifing lunges and reduced the Chris Johnson wanna be's that roam around the map, I'll be fine with this game. MW2 was still a great game with the cheap knifing and over powered grenade launchers.

Damn SF82, that's not what I wanted to hear

Believe me bro, it's not the review I was expecting to write up either. :(

I just knew I was going to hop online last night and be blown away by the new killstreaks, the new weapons, all the maps, etc. I only played 3 games last night, and the three maps I played on sucked.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

I am ok with MW2 2.5. It wasn't hard to figure out that this game was going to be very similar to MW2 from the previews and demos. Not sure what people were expecting. It looked and felt exactly the same but with a revamped multiplayer system.

I love MW2 and most of the 360 guys were playing it up until two weeks ago. Sounds good to me. If they took out 15 ft knifing lunges and reduced the Chris Johnson wanna be's that roam around the map, I'll be fine with this game. MW2 was still a great game with the cheap knifing and over powered grenade launchers.

I enjoyed MW2 too, but it would suck to pay $60 for a slight upgrade if what SF82 is saying is true. I'm sure I'll still enjoy playing it, but I goes I was hoping for more good things about it.

Believe me bro, it's not the review I was expecting to write up either. :(

I just knew I was going to hop online last night and be blown away by the new killstreaks, the new weapons, all the maps, etc. I only played 3 games last night, and the three maps I played on sucked.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

Damn that sucks. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, I feel like I'm one of the few that liked Black Ops. Are you going to be on tonight? We'll have to get a few games in.

So does everyone feel this way?

There is another DC-based forum that I frequent that is made up of mostly 20-somethings. The jury is in over there....IT SUCKS.

I've forgotten how "cheap" Infinity Ward's versions of COD are. I played MW2 to warm up last night for the first time in months. It is so much faster than black ops. MW2 is a lot faster paced and connection speed has EVERYTHING to do with being successful. There is so much more camping, more "cheap" feeling deaths on MW2. Like, when playing Black Ops...if you got me, you got me. I'll take the death and respawn.

But half the time last night on MW3, i would sit there and watch my killcams like "are you frigging serious?" More than half of my deaths last night had me just staring at the TV like "really?"

the shotguns are overpowered as usual, and there are already guys running around at lightspeed with their knives like in MW2 (i'm sure nobody even has marathon/lightweight unlocked yet)

I paid $100 for this damn game, so I'm going to keep it. But for the first time in my COD career, that a call of duty game will NOT be my "primary" game. I absolutely hated battlefield 2. Couldnt' ****ing stand it. But BF3 is awesome, and I honestly feel that BF3 could be the first ever "COD KILLER"

and after reading my reviews, remember that I'm am a COD fanboy. You're talking to somebody who has over 30 days logged on both MW2 and Black Ops...

Not sure why anyone expected anything different. All the previews look the same as MW2, essentially.

I loved MW2 though. Not so much on Black Ops. I'm fine with dropping $60 for the new campaign and new maps/weapons for MW3. That's just me.

What's kinda weird is I'm spending the money on it with the knowledge that I have 2.5 days to play it before Skyrim eats all free time in my life.

It usually takes me a week or two to get used to the maps and everything else. Question, are all the stats they keep for you on Black Ops available without having COD Elite?

don't think so.

as i signed up and registered for all the Elite stuff last night, they kept pounding home the features....and it mentioned how all your stats from BLOPS would be available as well. That makes me think folks without Elite won't get those stats :(

I know there are gonna be mixed reviews but I really enjoy the game. Picked it up at midnight and played it till shower time before work this morning.

The maps have alot of similarities to MW2 but overall I guess what makes it fun is the adventure of learning the new maps. The one pet peeve I have is how long it takes the grenades to blow up. The semtex and frag take forever so dont plan on getting many kills with them.

Overall I really like it so far!

Archived