Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

JMac

I've been going through some of the other forums I'm on and the COD fanboys seem to love it. I'm having a great time with BF3 and I know BF3 will be the better game overall. The only thing don't like about BF3 is the social aspect so far. I've yet to find a good group of guys to run with that are on consistently. Playing alone in that game sucks. Playing alone in MW sucks as well but I have several established groups of people to play with in that game. I think I will rent it this afternoon.

Ill be on around 4! Hopefully TJ, Skinsfan, JB and everyone is on too. I saw Vishal won't be on until tomorrow.

And that is the reason i didnt get BF3, Ill play what you guys do since yall are the only people I play with. If eveyone hates this game and goes to BF3, so will I haha

Is the game actually awful or is it just so similar that people are disappointed?

taking into consideration all the hype that was done to promote how MW3 was going to be new an innovative, i was pretty disappointed. again, i blame myself for buying into the Call of Duty marketing machine.

And it's funny, because overall I think Battlefield is a much better game than MW3, but due to COD being the monster that it is, i imagine the midnight sales of MW3 alone probably surpassed Battlefield 3 sales to this point...

taking into consideration all the hype that was done to promote how MW3 was going to be new an innovative, i was pretty disappointed. again, i blame myself for buying into the Call of Duty marketing machine.

And it's funny, because overall I think Battlefield is a much better game than MW3, but due to COD being the monster that it is, i imagine the midnight sales of MW3 alone probably surpassed Battlefield 3 sales to this point...

I think what KDawg is asking and I'm wondering too, is it still a good game? Or are you just disappointed because its not much different than MW2? I loved MW2 so if its similar that's not a huge deal. But if its a bad game, well that's different.

honestly, the game itself is fine. Now that i've come down from my RAGE FIT, the game itself is not bad. being a smartass but being honest, MW3 really is MW2.5. They're the same game.

i know i'm a broken record in here, but i'm telling it how it is. if you enjoyed mw2, then you will enjoy mw3. it's the same game, but with new maps, a few new weapons, and some new killstreaks.

The very first thing my wife said as played my first game online was "wow, this is basically MW2 but now the Pavelow is 12 kills instead of 9" :ols:

So what's the deal with all of these different versions of the game. So I buy the game, and then I need to spend another 50 to get the full online experience?

Also, is there an AC130 in this game and is the famas/spas12 back? The answer to this question could definitely effect my purchasing decision.

honestly, the game itself is fine. Now that i've come down from my RAGE FIT, the game itself is not bad. being a smartass but being honest, MW3 really is MW2.5. They're the same game.

i know i'm a broken record in here, but i'm telling it how it is. if you enjoyed mw2, then you will enjoy mw3. it's the same game, but with new maps, a few new weapons, and some new killstreaks.

The very first thing my wife said as played my first game online was "wow, this is basically MW2 but now the Pavelow is 12 kills instead of 9" :ols:

Gotcha. So its not that the game itself sucks, it just disappointing that they didn't change much.

So what's the deal with all of these different versions of the game. So I buy the game, and then I need to spend another 50 to get the full online experience?

Also, is there an AC130 in this game and is the famas/spas12 back? The answer to this question could definitely effect my purchasing decision.

That 50 gets you all the map packs in the next year "free" so if you play the game that long, its worth it as each map pack is 15. Other than that, I think its just gives you more detailed stats, has tournaments, etc. You can just download the free version and its still more detialed than before. I think it also will let us create a clan and track stats as a clan.

Correct. Forgive my rage fits from earlier. I'm running off of 3 hours of sleep and i woke up still disapointed. logged in here at work and went off. I'm still bummed that I paid $100 for this, but oh well. I will play this game a lot probably, but it'll still take a backseat to battlefield.

the fast-paced, often times cheap feel that mw2 had got old to me after a year, and i know I'm in the minority here, but i actually welcomed black ops. it played completely different. not nearly as fast.

The "this is getting old" feeling that i got from MW2 after about a year has quickly come back to me just hours into MW3. But i'll try to hangin there and give it time, and not to mention just about everybody on my PS3 friends list has this game.

AC-130 is in. Spas is in. Unknown on the famas, but i didnt see it on the list.

I watched a walkthrough of the maps on IGN.com and got to say a few look like they will be a lot of fun to play. I will say COD knows how multiplayer is played and make their maps well. They know how to make good spots where all out guns blazing can go down.

The famas better be in. It's only the greatest gun of all time. I'll make due without it if I have to. All of the assault rifles in MW2 were good. Black ops unfortunately had the crappiest assault rifles of any game I've played.

Just google'd and it is out for multiplayer. And I agree, that gun was rediculous in MW2.

dude...i was playing at 12:45 AM, just 45 minutes after release, so i'm sure nobody had unlocked marathon/lightweight pro yet.

But there were already dudes running around at warp speed with knives just cutting everybody. Typical MW2 style, i had a striker shotgun and unloaded 3 (THREE!) slugs into this dude, got 3 hitmarkers and he knifes me. It's funny because comapred to MW2, black ops didn't make me RAGE that much. But just 30 minutes logged online and I was ready to throw my headset a few times already. :ols:

lol.. i didnt play mw2 a lot but ive played black ops a lot. i still get mad at the occasional phantom knife and there isnt even commando pro.

what i wanted to see from this COD game was the elimination of BS.

no more knife lunging/knife dancing/panic knife kills

claymore/RC car death when youre on a 20 killstreak

game lag out during the above

the excessive use of the ghost perk

basically the stuff that makes me rage, i wanted to be removed.

Do kills from lower kill streaks still count towards the higher ones? That was fun on MW2 but really cheap and probably the only thing that I liked about Black Ops.

I loved getting harriers(7)- AC130(11) - Nuke (25) two minutes into a round on a pretty consistent basis. I thought it was very fair ;)

lol.. i didnt play mw2 a lot but ive played black ops a lot. i still get mad at the occasional phantom knife and there isnt even commando pro.

what i wanted to see from this COD game was the elimination of BS.

no more knife lunging/knife dancing/panic knife kills

claymore/RC car death when youre on a 20 killstreak

game lag out during the above

the excessive use of the ghost perk

basically the stuff that makes me rage, i wanted to be removed.

i almost forgot about that stupid RC car, that was one of the reason I quit Black Ops in the first place (and Gran Turismo 5 came out). That had to be the stupidest killstreak I have ever seen. Next to quick scoping, the RC car is the last thing I want in a MW game. Anyone know if there is a setting to turn quick scoping off or not allow it in a private room? That was the one thing I thought that sucked about MW2.

For those playing the game, how are the sniper rifles, specifically the .50 cal? MW2 they where pretty good, but Black Ops must have gotten a Fisher Price version since that thing could not kill people with a head shot. Nothing more frustrating as a sniper when you see a guys head in your crosshairs, pull the trigger twice and then see your target running away. I had better kill rates at further distances by using an AK-47 with a ACOG scope than I did with the 50 cal in BlackOps, something I really want corrected.

i almost forgot about that stupid RC car, that was one of the reason I quit Black Ops in the first place (and Gran Turismo 5 came out). That had to be the stupidest killstreak I have ever seen. Next to quick scoping, the RC car is the last thing I want in a MW game. Anyone know if there is a setting to turn quick scoping off or not allow it in a private room? That was the one thing I thought that sucked about MW2.

For those playing the game, how are the sniper rifles, specifically the .50 cal? MW2 they where pretty good, but Black Ops must have gotten a Fisher Price version since that thing could not kill people with a head shot. Nothing more frustrating as a sniper when you see a guys head in your crosshairs, pull the trigger twice and then see your target running away. I had better kill rates at further distances by using an AK-47 with a ACOG scope than I did with the 50 cal in BlackOps, something I really want corrected.

So you want to do away with quick scoping, but still want snipers to be one shot kills?

I can't wait to get home and play this. AngryChessie you should definitley party up with the ES crew on 360, we have a blast.

I doubt the riotshield will be in the game, but some of the most fun I've had was when 6 of us would go riotshields in the airplane on terminal.

Archived