Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

JMac

Nukes are back? Jesus Christ.... :(

Is danger close back too??

I hate being forced to play barebones all the time to get away from all the killstreak campers. The people who play objective based games like theyre TDM. Every 12 year old that plays COD has wet dreams about calling in their precious nukes. I guess it'll be just like MW2....unless you're in a party, do not expect any teamwork.

What is the best package to defeat these damn kids.....what weapons and what perks

I would suggest:

Sit rep pro - allows you to see enemy equipment. 9 times outta 10, if you see an enemy claymore near a doorway, there's a camper nearby.

Cold blooded pro -allows you to be I.visible to enemy killstreaks so you can get around the map and flank them without getting owned by their air support.

Probably the two best perks when going "nuke camper hunting." Nothing better than killing some ******* who is 21-0 and then hearing him RAGE in the lob by afterwards.

Word on the street is Call of duty is strongly considering microtransactions. For those not in the know, it's when you pay for the game, get online, and pay extra for better weapons and maps.

The gaming world is torn on microtransactions; some accept it while some fervently decry "WELL I PAID FOR THE GAME AND I REFUSE TO PAY ANOTHER CENT FOR BONUS ONLINE CONTENT"

Should be interesting to see whether CoD chooses to continue on this path or not. The key thing is that none of these fees are necessary to enjoy a good game, which is why some people don't care that CoD is considering online fees.

Link.

Consumers are used to paying $60 each for videogames that run on consoles like the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Now the publisher behind the industry's biggest videogame franchise— "Call of Duty"—is about to find out whether it can get them to pay a monthly bill, too.

Activision Blizzard Inc. plans to launch an online service called Call of Duty Elite this fall that will work with the next major edition of the game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game. In a move industry executives describe as a first, Activision plans to charge a monthly subscription fee for the service, which will provide extra content that isn't offered on game discs sold in stores, including downloadable map packs that give players new "Call of Duty" levels to play.

See I would be okay with these if they charged less for the game itself. Charge $40 and then a monthly fee or something.

Also, after seeing the trailer with game play footage and seeing BF3's game play footage. I have to say COD didn't step it up. If you only had $60 to spend which would you buy, based on the way they look. Most gamers would go BF 10 out of 10 times. The action will be the same and COD may have the edge in story line, but during the day of modern gaming it is all about graphics and how well the gameplays. Most serious gamers will probably buy both so it works, but I think this year BF is going to win the FPS battle.

• 3 months later...
I guess the fanboy in me is going to be drinking a ton of mountain dew.

Between MW3, Battlefield 3, and Uncharted 3, this fall of "3's" for Playstation is going to be insane. They all release 3 weeks in a row, back to back.

Not to mention the new twisted metal comes out too....

Yeah, I've seen the trailer for Twisted Metal! Stoked!

Oh, and by the way, the whole "call of duty elite" thing is WAY overhyped....

You can buy the "MW3: Hardened Edition" for around $100 I think. With the hardened edition, you get call of duty elite for an entire year,AND YOU GET ALL DLC MAP PACKS FOR FREE.

So, if you're a true call of duty fanboy and you plan on buying every map pack that comes out (i buy them all,) you actually SAVE money by purchasing the $100 "hardened version" of the game, because MW3 devs already mentioned there's going to be at least 4-5 map packs that come out. Do the math. each pack is $15. $15 x 5 map packs = $75

So if you're a true call of duty freak and plan on playing MW3 as your "main game" for the next year, the hardened edition for $40 more than the regular version gives your the call of duty elite subscription for a year and you get every DLC that comes out absolutely free.

yes, it sucks that the online gaming world is headed in the "pay to play" direction, but honestly the hardened edition is a great deal for true call of duty fans...

Not to mention the new twisted metal comes out too....

That got pushed back until February 2012 :(

---------- Post added September-29th-2011 at 12:39 PM ----------

Yeah, I've seen the trailer for Twisted Metal! Stoked!

Oh, and by the way, the whole "call of duty elite" thing is WAY overhyped....

You can buy the "MW3: Hardened Edition" for around $100 I think. With the hardened edition, you get call of duty elite for an entire year,AND YOU GET ALL DLC MAP PACKS FOR FREE.

So, if you're a true call of duty fanboy and you plan on buying every map pack that comes out (i buy them all,) you actually SAVE money by purchasing the $100 "hardened version" of the game, because MW3 devs already mentioned there's going to be at least 4-5 map packs that come out. Do the math. each pack is $15. $15 x 5 map packs = $75

So if you're a true call of duty freak and plan on playing MW3 as your "main game" for the next year, the hardened edition for $40 more than the regular version gives your the call of duty elite subscription for a year and you get every DLC that comes out absolutely free.

yes, it sucks that the online gaming world is headed in the "pay to play" direction, but honestly the hardened edition is a great deal for true call of duty fans...

Definitely agree, was talking with some friends and we all agreed that getting the Hardened edition up front and shelling out the extra $40 was worth it just for the maps. Got my preorder in, now to just wait until 11/8/11

I guess I've been playing BlackOps for 3ish weeks now. K/D is around 2.4ish. I Have fun with it, but I don't think I will play it for long. The guns are pretty awful, the majority of them to me are the exact same gun with a different skin. The guns seem less Skill-based and the rate of fire seems to decide the majority of 1v1s and not accuracy.

BF3 will be a 1000 times better than MW3, but that game should only be played on the PC. MW3 could interest me when it comes out because I really enjoyed MW2, and it hasn't changed much.

That got pushed back until February 2012 :(

---------- Post added September-29th-2011 at 12:39 PM ----------

Definitely agree, was talking with some friends and we all agreed that getting the Hardened edition up front and shelling out the extra $40 was worth it just for the maps. Got my preorder in, now to just wait until 11/8/11

Damn I didn't realize TM got pushed back.

I play Black Ops a ton (1.4 k/d). That usually increases dramatically when playing with a decent group. Looking forward to MW3 because MW2 was awesome (minus OMA tubes & Commando), just worried that they're trying to do too much with it (all the killstreaks and crazy stuff).

• 4 weeks later...
I have a feeling this will be the FPS game of the year! Thought id bump it since its coming out soon. Anyone for PS3 getting this immediately like me?

I'm getting it on release day. My PSN is MattFancy. I haven't even been on PS3 in like at least a month, but I'll be on all the time once this comes out.

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 04:35 PM ----------

i think we are friends on there Matt but either way... badtmpr22 is my PSN... also play madden a little bit

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 04:36 PM ----------

BTW.... ^^^^ that trailer is sick!

Archived