Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Experiment time: "What does the Spanish word taza mean?"

AsburySkinsFan

Like all things Spanish there are many meaning depending on where you are. Taza at the most basic means a bowl or cup like object that holds liquid. In common use it refers to a handled cup (tea cup or mug).

Then again it could mean anything. For instance guagua in Puerto Rico means bus or van while in Chile it means baby. So for all I know in Puerto Rico taza might mean rice pudding.

taza [tah’-thah]

noun1. Cup. (f)

2. Cup, the liquor contained in a cup (contenido). (f)

3. Basin of a fountain (de fuente). (f)

4. A large wooden bowl. (f)

5. Buttocks, breech. (Colloquial) (f)

6. Bowl (de retrete). (f)

7. (Cono Sur) Washbasin (palangana). (f)

8. Taza de noche, (Cono Sur) Chamberpot

Am i right?? :ols:

Like all things Spanish there are many meaning depending on where you are. Taza at the most basic means a bowl or cup like object that holds liquid. In common use it refers to a handled cup (tea cup or mug).

Then again it could mean anything. For instance guagua in Puerto Rico means bus or van while in Chile it means baby. So for all I know in Puerto Rico taza might mean rice pudding.

In Cuba it means cup or mug and we also call buses guaguas but the larger ones are called camellos

taza [tah’-thah]

noun1. Cup. (f)

2. Cup, the liquor contained in a cup (contenido). (f)

3. Basin of a fountain (de fuente). (f)

4. A large wooden bowl. (f)

5. Buttocks, breech. (Colloquial) (f)

6. Bowl (de retrete). (f)

7. (Cono Sur) Washbasin (palangana). (f)

8. Taza de noche, (Cono Sur) Chamberpot

Am i right?? :ols:

All were about the same but that one, wth? hahaha

It's not that hard to learn a foreign language if you immerse yourself in it. If you move to a Spanish speaking country and speak every day you'd be pretty good within a few months, and fluent within a year. I think it becomes difficult when you aren't consistent with it, and are afraid of sounding stupid.

It's not that hard to learn a foreign language if you immerse yourself in it. If you move to a Spanish speaking country and speak every day you'd be pretty good within a few months, and fluent within a year. I think it becomes difficult when you aren't consistent with it, and are afraid of sounding stupid.

Exactly, I've been self teaching Spanish for about a year and I've figured out where I've gone wrong, I keep going from the Spanish word to the English word and back instead of just learning Spanish like a child learns Spanish. If you ask a Spanish speaking child what a taza is they don't tell a cup, instead they get you a taza, but we end up translating Spanish to English and then our English to Spanish and wonder why we don't speak it well.

Archived