Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Family Friendly seating at FedEx Field...

RedskininRichmond

I had inquired with the ticket office a couple years back about whether they had contemplated a family friendly section(alcohol free) seating and the ticket manager had said they had discussed it but never moved forward with it. I ran across this today an wondered if anyone has heard if the Skins were any closer to creating this themselves.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/family-zone.html

In a quick google search I saw that both Cleveland and Cincinnati have done this. I wonder how many total teams have created these sections.

I've taken my 8 year old son to some preseason games, but never a regular season game. And given past circumstances don't plan on it anytime soon.

You would of thought with all the new stadium's the past two decades, it would of been the norm to make certain sections family areas.

I sure hope we do get around to this soon, as from the repeated tales of drunken moronicness on here from what appears to be a large section of bonehead's, to be kind, amongst the game day support; it's LONG overdue. FedEx at times doesn't sound the place you'd want woman and children in attendance at.

Hail.

I would say it is tough to get NFL teams to have something unless they can't sell out. For example, the Flyers have had a family section for quite some time, but next year it will be no more. The reason given to me by my ticket guy "They feel they can sell out without out it, therefore selling tickets at regular price and allowing all concessions to be sold".

I would say it is tough to get NFL teams to have something unless they can't sell out. For example, the Flyers have had a family section for quite some time, but next year it will be no more. The reason given to me by my ticket guy "They feel they can sell out without out it, therefore selling tickets at regular price and allowing all concessions to be sold".

Not that I'm naive to expect anything else, but that's a real shame when the mighty dollar is put before the wishes of a percentage of people paying those bucks.

Hail.

It'll be interesting to see what the Redskins announce for those end-zone sections in the upper deck where they have removed seats. If the early reports bear fruit, it seems like the Redskins are moving in the opposite direction and creating more "party deck" areas.

It'll be interesting to see what the Redskins announce for those end-zone sections in the upper deck where they have removed seats. If the early reports bear fruit, it seems like the Redskins are moving in the opposite direction and creating more "party deck" areas.

I saw that at the draft day and forgot to ask about it. So more party decks? That sucks. I went out on the existing party decks for the first time on draft day and thought they sucked worse than I had heard.

I had inquired with the ticket office a couple years back about whether they had contemplated a family friendly section(alcohol free) seating and the ticket manager had said they had discussed it but never moved forward with it. I ran across this today an wondered if anyone has heard if the Skins were any closer to creating this themselves.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/family-zone.html

In a quick google search I saw that both Cleveland and Cincinnati have done this. I wonder how many total teams have created these sections.

I've taken my 8 year old son to some preseason games, but never a regular season game. And given past circumstances don't plan on it anytime soon.

FAMILY FRIENDLY AREA? What the @#$%?

This is football! Fans have the right to get as S---faced, obnoxious, vulgar, rude, confrontational as their little hearts feel they should.

Don't take an 8-year old to the game if they can't take it - it is about the pleasure of self-indulgent

punks who have the "right to party".:doh:

Here is the FedEx experience:

:pint::2drunks::puke::maniac::cuss::cuss::redpunch::thud:

What a shame.

:helmet:The Rook

Sorry, hard to read inflection in typed text. I assume your sarcasm meter was pegged and you're actually in favor of the Family Friendly area.

A family oriented area would be nice to have, but since the sale of beer is one of the profit centers for NFL Teams, it's hard to believe the NFL owners will do this willingly.

Football stadiums aren't supposed to be family-friendly. It's our job to foster a hostile environment for other teams and their fans. And alcohol will always be part of the equation.

So the fans have a right to act like *******s? That may be one of the dumbest things I've read on here.

Football stadiums aren't supposed to be family-friendly. It's our job to foster a hostile environment for other teams and their fans. And alcohol will always be part of the equation.

I have to admit, I used to somewhat share this attitude, mostly because I love screaming at fans of other teams. Never physically threaten them, but I do enjoy yelling, and it's not always clean. Admittedly, my views have softened a bit since my daughter was born; I'll probably only take her to preseason games when she's old enough to go. A section or two like this would probably help.

Lots of sections are pretty "family friendly" later in the season, the way the 'skins have been playing, because lots of sections are darn near empty. I took two of my kids to that rainy game against Tampa last season, and the 400-level section we were in was practically a ghost town!

And it would take away from the traditional male bastion of football by having one designated section or two in an 80k plus seat stadium handed over to people who didn't want their kids to hear or see that?

Hail.

And it would take away from the traditional male bastion of football by having one designated section or two in an 80k plus seat stadium handed over to people who didn't want their kids to hear or see that?

Hail.

Kids don't belong at an NFL game. If you don't want your kid to possibly see fighting, explicit profanity, and other dumb things then it's very simple......don't bring him there. I don't condone any of these events, but you people are absolutely crazy if you think your going to take your kid to a game and not see at least 1 or 2 of these events. Does it suck if your kid has to deal with seeing this stuff, yes of course......but try and tell FedEX they should stop selling beer at the games. They can careless if your kids are hearing profanity or seeing fights as long as that beer is getting sold.

Kids don't belong at an NFL game. If you don't want your kid to possibly see fighting, explicit profanity, and other dumb things then it's very simple......don't bring him there. I don't condone any of these events, but you people are absolutely crazy if you think your going to take your kid to a game and not see at least 1 or 2 of these events. Does it suck if your kid has to deal with seeing this stuff, yes of course......but try and tell FedEX they should stop selling beer at the games. They can careless if your kids are hearing profanity or seeing fights as long as that beer is getting sold.

Kids don't belong at an NFL game? And pray tell where are future generations of fans gona' come from if they aren't introduced to the bug early in life?

What a few sections set aside for family's would do would be limit the exposure to that kind of behaviour and make the game day experience all the more enjoyable for those kids and their parents. I'm sure a small, designated section for family's out of 80 plus thousand seats is not going to impact on beverage sales to a great extent. Nor would take much away from the traditional venue for football fans.

For anyone to just flippantly suggest this is what it is, it's football and you either deal or don't go, is a pretty darn archaic view in 2011. And pretty darn condescending to parents and their kids, who's bucks are just as important as the next man.

Hail.

Football should be something everyone can enjoy, regardless of age. On my one trip to FedEx in 2008, I had a great time (largely due to it being a dream come true) and while the idiots behind me who had had a bit too much drink and started yelling profanities (before breaking into a fight over the intentional grounding rule of all things!) didn't ruin my gameday experience, I feel for the poor family sat next to my wife. Their young son tried desperately hard to cover his ears over every time something offensive was shouted, by that point though it was obviously a wasted effort. Fortunately, the offending parties were removed following the altercation, but it must have left a lasting unpleasant memory on that poor boy who should have been able to enjoy his Skins beating the Cardinals.

Kids don't belong at an NFL game? And pray tell where are future generations of fans gona' come from if they aren't introduced to the bug early in life?

What a few sections set aside for family's would do would be limit the exposure to that kind of behaviour and make the game day experience all the more enjoyable for those kids and their parents. I'm sure a small, designated section for family's out of 80 plus thousand seats is not going to impact on beverage sales to a great extent. Nor would take much away from the traditional venue for football fans.

For anyone to just flippantly suggest this is what it is, it's football and you either deal or don't go, is a pretty darn archaic view in 2011. And pretty darn condescending to parents and their kids, who's bucks are just as important as the next man.

Hail.

No doubt I agree with this. I guess my point was alittle skewed. Let me put it this way......If the Redskins aren't going to make anymore money off of this, it's not going to happen. The NFL is not geared towards kids under the age of 10 and it's certainly not a daycare. In fact, I would love for a family/kids section. I'm so sick and tired of FedEX being used as a daycare for families. I'm standing pretty much every game but I know I have to move in a bit more cause mommy is getting out of her seat 2000 times during the 1st quarter to either take the kids to the bathroom, get food, or take the kids for a walk cause they are getting rambunctious.

I'm standing pretty much every game but I know I have to move in a bit more cause mommy is getting out of her seat 2000 times during the 1st quarter to either take the kids to the bathroom, get food, or take the kids for a walk cause they are getting rambunctious.

I don't mind getting up to let people through to do whatever they need to do as long as they choose appropriate moments (stoppages of play) to enter/exit the row. However, kids have not been a factor many of the times I've seen people ask to move during times when they are inconveniencing those around them. Its simply because too many FedEx attendees have no concept of common courtesy.

No doubt I agree with this. I guess my point was alittle skewed. Let me put it this way......If the Redskins aren't going to make anymore money off of this, it's not going to happen. The NFL is not geared towards kids under the age of 10 and it's certainly not a daycare. In fact, I would love for a family/kids section. I'm so sick and tired of FedEX being used as a daycare for families. I'm standing pretty much every game but I know I have to move in a bit more cause mommy is getting out of her seat 2000 times during the 1st quarter to either take the kids to the bathroom, get food, or take the kids for a walk cause they are getting rambunctious.

I move a whole lot more for the drunks who have to go take a piss at least once per quarter than any "mommy" or child. I'd much rather be sitting around some loud kids than the drunks and neanderthals that inhabit FedEx Field lately. they get so drunk they have no clue what is going on on the field. They yell when we are on offense and curse and scream that does nothing to affect the play on the field. NFL football is not dominated by these guys but they sure do ruin the game experience.

Archived