Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher Report: 2011 NFL Power Rankings: Post-NFL Draft Edition- Redskins ranked 32nd

21MadFan

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/686939-nfl-power-rankings-post-nfl-draft-edition/page/2.

WTH!!! No way, no how we should be ranked last. Hahaha.

32. Washington Redskins

As it stands right now, John Beck is the Washington Redskins starting quarterback.They have terrible receivers, a below-average running game, a below-average secondary and a below-average run defense.

The only thing to really like about this team is the fact that they have Brian Orakpo.

It should be a dreadful season for Washington, which is still paying Albert Haynesworth.

We don't have terrible receivers. Moss will be back, Armstrong isn't bad, Hankerson has promise, Austin has potential and 1 year in the system, and we have 2 more rookie WRs, and Kelly. I wouldn't describe that group as great, but not terrible either.

below-average run game? on a Shanahan-run team? With ATV, Keiland, James Davis, Helu and Royster? Doesn't make sense.

below average secondary? Hall, Barnes, Landry, Atogwe isn't a below average group. Collectively they are way above average.

it's bleacher report, they are not typically credible. and the Haynesworth cheap shot is irrelevant since he won't be here, is a mistake from the previous regime, and just further portrays the lack of credibility or serious consideration.

If Beck is the QB he will have beaten out Grossman who looked pretty good at times last season. At WR a guy known for getting good WRs late has picked 3 of them who look promising. He's also known for picking RBs and he got 2 of those. He added 2 guys to the DL rotation that should make us very difficult to run on game 1. Our safeties have had another FS added to the list Atogwe heads, though at CB all I got is Westbrook looked like he was reading the game well when he was on at the end of the season, maybe Barnes...

Given our run D and pass pressure should both be improved, and having Atogwe at FS will help our CBs I'm thinking the article writer has QB and nothing else. Not bad for a 32nd ranked team.

It's hard to argue with his assessment. Which team is in a worse position than us? I mean, Carolina has a tremendous offensive line and rushing attack, paired with an elite receiver. Cleveland......Cincinnati but they did have a top defense two seasons back. I'm not complaining though, this team needs and infusion of highly talented and touted rookies and one draft isn't going to do it.

i hope all of your realize that this season is going to be awful. we will most likely be projected to have a top 5 pick, potentially top 3.

with no real QB and all these rookies its going to be a painful season, but we gotta weather the storm for the future. all we can hope for is that these kids all pan out and play at a high level and we build on that next year with our QB of the future.

put your homeristic views aside for 5 mins and realize we do not have a QB right now that ANYONE in the nfl fears at all. it is realistic right now as it stands that we are the 32 ranked team. let's see how we do in FA/trades if we ever get the opportunity.

the fact that anyone does a power ranking post draft when there is no football and none of the draft picks have taken an NFL snap is stupid. Although, basing future performance on prior results, they are probably not too far off the mark. We have questions at almost every position and in the middle of a rebuilding phase that will not be done this year.

The real barometer is what Vegas says - and they have us as the same odds as the Lions to win the SB this year (40-1). The Lions are no joke and gonna surprise a lot of people. I liked them as a value futures bet but they killed it so hard in the draft that I think they're on the radar now.

A lot of people on this site dont realize how bad you truly have to be to finish last in the NFL. Last season we had the second worst defense in the league, due mostly to players being in new positions from under the previous regime. We had Donovan McNabb and Sexy Rexy taking turns at QB. We had nobody at running back except for Torain who was hurt most of the year. And with all that we still finished 6-10 and in 22 place in the league. Now I dont see how anyone can say we project to be worse this year than last year. Our defense will have certainly improved in the offseason, and the only positions on offense that we project to be weaker at than last season are QB and Center. We have an easier schedule this year as opposed to last year due to playing the NFC West instead of NFC North. We have added several key players who fit the scheme that we are running, and everyone will hopefully have a fuller grasp of their role within the scheme that exists now that it is the second year of the system. It is pretty clear when you look at it objectively that we are headed for another season of mediocrity, but ceratinly not last in the league.

i hope all of your realize that this season is going to be awful. we will most likely be projected to have a top 5 pick, potentially top 3.

with no real QB and all these rookies its going to be a painful season, but we gotta weather the storm for the future. all we can hope for is that these kids all pan out and play at a high level and we build on that next year with our QB of the future.

“All these rookies” and possibly no training camp or much of a preseason to bring them along. Would love for these young guys to come in and start contributing early but it may be the end of the season before they really become comfortable in the schemes - if not longer. A rough year indeed but all things considered I could not be happier with the direction the skins are heading because if it works out then we are setting the foundation for our team to be really good for the next decade as opposed to the mediocre product we produced the past decade.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/686939-nfl-power-rankings-post-nfl-draft-edition/page/2.

WTH!!! No way, no how we should be ranked last. Hahaha.

32. Washington Redskins

As it stands right now, John Beck is the Washington Redskins starting quarterback.They have terrible receivers, a below-average running game, a below-average secondary and a below-average run defense.

The only thing to really like about this team is the fact that they have Brian Orakpo.

It should be a dreadful season for Washington, which is still paying Albert Haynesworth.

Dudes don't know their football.

Now I dont see how anyone can say we project to be worse this year than last year.

A lot of the bad teams are getting better. Shanahan might be actually rebuilding the team and might just start a bunch of rooks. The only thing I see keeping us from being worse this year is our schedule and the fact that a couple of these rookies might be pretty big upgrades.

Archived