Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Energy Drink ?

Mickalino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

A product called "Gleukos" is the best energy drink, in terms of the energy it gives your mind and muscles. Your body requires glucose for fuel, and that is what the Gleukos product is (every other sugar must be converted to glucose, at a metabolic cost and time delay).

If you are familiar with High School Modern Dance competition, my daughter used it this season to get through the mid to end season (where most of the competitors have completely shed all their excess body fat for fuel during the daily 3 hour practices and competition days). It clearly allowed her to outpeform her team mates using water, gatorade products, or caffeine based products. She was still tired, but wasn't laying on the floor during/after practice gasping for air, and she had the energy to do homework and eat after practices.

A product called "Gleukos" is the best energy drink, in terms of the energy it gives your mind and muscles. Your body requires glucose for fuel, and that is what the Gleukos product is (every other sugar must be converted to glucose, at a metabolic cost and time delay).

If you are familiar with High School Modern Dance competition, my daughter used it this season to get through the mid to end season (where most of the competitors have completely shed all their excess body fat for fuel during the daily 3 hour practices and competition days). It clearly allowed her to outpeform her team mates using water, gatorade products, or caffeine based products. She was still tired, but wasn't laying on the floor during/after practice gasping for air, and she had the energy to do homework and eat after practices.

Hmmm I might try that for the next b ball tourney I do.

Bawls is good. I think the reason I keep seeing 5 hr energy commercials is because they keep having to attract new customers to try it. 99% of people who do try it probably don't buy it again. The only time I had it, I fell asleep DURING a test about an hour after I drank it. Not to mention it tasted like crap. Worthless...

its called 'cocaine'? damn. never heard of it. guess it should be good with a name like that.

jp- whats monster absolute zero? zero calories?

Sorry, missed your quote! It's 0 calories, 0 carbs and tastes the same as the regular monster (which I enjoy, though I admit it's an acquired taste).

Here's a review I ran across: http://www.energyfiend.com/2010/08/new-monster-absolutely-zero

First off, none of the give me energy. But they do help keep me awake while sitting behind a desk. I'd say the Spike shooter someone mentioned is the best at that, but do yourself a favor and dont drink the whole thing first time you have one cuz it'll prolly make you jittery. Rockstar has few new ones out that are non-carbonated. My fav are the Rip Its cuz they're only 99cents for 16 oz and are just as effective as most of the others and they taste better.

I wrote a huge post on energy drinks a while back. Let me find it.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 01:39 PM ----------

Can't find it, so here is my list and how effective I find them.

Monster Lo-Carb - Moderate kick, a pinch syrupy on the taste, but overall good.

Monster Absolute Zero - moderate kick, good balance of bitter and sweet

Monster ReHab Tea+Lemonade - Easy to drink, slight medicinal taste, energy kick is lacking

Monster Lo-Carb Import - easily better than the Monster Lo-Carb, great kick and good taste for being diet

Monster Dub Edition (purple can) - not sugar free/lo-card so it is sugary, modest kick, made me feel ill from the sugar

Rockstar Sugar Free - Wild berry taste, not very sweet but tart, mild energy boost

Rockstar Low Sugar (Red&White can) - Horrible smell, bubble gum taste and odor, good kick but tastes like Jo Blow bubble gum.

Rockstar Cola - Not sugar free but not overly sweet, licorice taste is heavy, it has a good boost but felt short lived

Rockstar Lemonade - 0 sugar, great lemonade taste, uncarbonated so it is easy to drink, goes down fast with a mild energy boost

Rockstar Orange - 0 sugar, great orange drink taste, uncarbonated so it is easy to drink, goes down fast with a mild energy boost

Rockstar 2X Caffiene - Small can, heavy on the caffiene, taste is bitter and medicinal, the kick was HUGE. It made my heart feel weird so I will never have one again.

AMP Sugar Free - slightly syrupy, low energy kick, not worth the money

AMP Lightning Sugar Free - good lemonade taste and mildly carbonated, low energy kick

Red Bull Sugar Free - bitter, vitamin taste, energy kick is huge.

5 hour energy wild berry shot - not much on taste, energy kick is ok, it didn't last 5 hours

Rip It Purple - Sugar Free, GREAT purple drink taste, moderate energy boost, $1 at Family Dollar

Rip It Orange - Sugar Free, GREAT orange drink taste, moderate energy boost, $1 at Family Dollar

Sheetz Brand Sugar Free - Cheap, citrus taste, some amount of the cost goes to charity, mild energy boost

Viper Sugar Free - comes in double wall aluminum bottle, great taste, highly carbonated, resealable, moderate energy kick

Bad Boy Energy (Sugar free) - terrible, avoid at all costs, $0.75 at Big Lots. Bad taste, no energy boost, not worth your time.

NOS Sugar Free - great citrus taste, mild energy boots, one of the cheaper options when Rip It not available or other brands are not 2/$4 or 2/$3.

Spike - Comes in 2 flavors, both are sugar free, limit 1 can per day, expensive when pricing out per ounce, tastes great, almost like those Lil'Huggie sugar water drinks from my child hood, moderate energy boost,

Overall I will be buying Rip It's from Family Dollar until they stop carrying it. I can buy a month's supply for around $30. The only time I buy a case of Monster anymore is when Costco has a $3 or $5 off a case coupon. It normally is $28.99 for a case of 24. Cheap enough as it is per can but the coupons bring you right close to $1/can or below it.

Archived