Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Draft, Day 3 Wishlist

SkinsGuru

I think that everybody here would like to see us get something for the interior of the OL. Maybe two somebodies.

I like the way people are talking about ILB being a value. I love the idea of Fletch training his replacement, for example. (In fact, I love the idea of Fletch becoming a position coach.)

And doesn't Shanny have a "rep" for finding "system RBs" on the last day? A running game and a better OL might go a long way towards keeping Mc5 a lot happier. (And healthier.)

I know it's probably a fantasy, but if we could find another Cooley, that wouldn't break my heart, either. IMO, if we had a second guy who could catch the ball over the middle, in traffic, that might go a long way towards making our running game, and our pass protection, look better. Anything that would improve our 3rd down conversion percentage would be a big help.

Powell RB Louisville

has vision to excel in a zone blocking scheme at the next level. He possesses a knack for finding a seam and can accelerate on a dime to find daylight. He is very elusive in the open field, as he can idle down and then explode past a defender. He does not have the strength to run over people in the NFL, but he keeps his legs churning and usually falls forward after contact. Powell is a very good one-cut and go back and could be a middle round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/bilal-powell?id=2495328

Henery K Nebraska

Henery could be a solid kicker in the NFL. Possesses a big, strong leg with the range to hit very long field goal attempts but accuracy does drop some from over 50 yards. Outstanding accuracy and consistency on shorter kicks. Has experience punting, flashes the ability to directionally kick, but doesn't get enough consistent hang-time or distance. Solid athlete who can handle poor snaps and angle a returner toward the sideline. Henery has the experience, versatility, and mentality (pressure kicks, success in bad weather) to warrant a seventh round selection or priority free agent grade.

Stanzi QB Iowa

Stanzi possesses the mental makeup and on-field moxy of a starting NFL quarterback but still has quite a bit of development left before he's ready. Can be a playmaker when using his feet to buy extra time, scrambling to throw, and allowing receivers more time to break free. Is accurate on shorter passes but must improve consistency on intermediate and deep routes. Flashes the ability to go through his progressions but ultimately still locks onto primary targets and forces too many throws. If Stanzi can improve his accuracy, awareness and footwork, could be a good one.

Andrew Jackson OL Fresno St.

Jackson has a chance to turn into a starting NFL guard with the addition of some needed bulk and strength. Could serve as a valuable backup in the meantime. Is a tough, hardnosed player who plays with maximum effort but isn't the type of lineman who can overwhelm opponents. Does a good job when matched up with quicker, gap penetrating defensive tackles but can be overpowered by the bull rush. Uses his quickness to get in position while run blocking and has some upside as a guy who can pull and lead and get to the second level.

Just a few prospects I'd hope we'd be interested in.

my wishlist

tandon doss- he made plays on a horrible indiana team, he will be a player on this level

Jerrod Johnson- he fits what this team is looking for or Tyrod taylor

Johnny White at rb- could be a steal some say

greg jones- great inside backer who makes plays, heard the skins have heavily scouted him could be target in round four

. And get marcus Cannon please

With the lockout back in place the rules prevent teams from signing UDFAs because they are free agents. So the Redskins could continue to trade down to gather more 6th and 7th rounders to grab players that otherwise have to sit around until the lockout and New CBA is done.

......doesn't Shanny have a "rep" for finding "system RBs" on the last day? ......
Mayock just talked about the RB talent level in this draft...That RBs taken in this 5th would usually be round 3-4 in previous drafts

I would say its a lock we take an RB in the 5th

I would LOVE some prospect OL

Could be we use a 5th to trade up in the 4th to get another need area......maybe ILB

I concur with those that want Special Teams Help......I miss a Good Kicker

Well, we could certainly use some defensive backfielders.Our performance in the secondary last season was absolutely pathetic. Also, a few running backs would be nice (hopefully,someone who's able to stave off injuries so we'll have a sure replacement when Torrain goes down again). And, of course, we need to fortify our offensive line with some young talent and actually give our quarterbacks (whether is Grossman or a new draftee) time to actually do something.

• 1 year later...

Archived