Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: ‘School Shooter’ Video Game to Reenact Columbine, Virginia Tech Killings

Sticksboi05

For what it's worth, I don't like Grand theft auto either, but at the same time I will say there is a difference between fiction and nonfiction.

Have you tried any of the war games? I think that would fall under nonfiction and those games are ridiculously violent. They just aren't as "backyard" as this game is.

I agree with the people saying that a) this is horrible but B) it's just a nuance of what kids are already playing. I don't understand the appeal of "shooter" video games at all. But, then again, I'm old and grew up with Nintendo.

Same here. Those games confuse and anger me. I feel like Abe Simpson whe he used to say "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was, now what I'm with, isn't it and what is it, seems weird and scary".

It was Valve's intent to allow people to do this, they provide tools to work with the Source game engine and even have an online wiki to help people out. Mods are a big part of the reason why they have been so successful as a company in the interim between releases of their flagship series (Half-Life). I would be shocked if they bothered to take any legal action beyond simply making sure that their asses are covered. They are in no way endorsing the game and it will not appear in the Steam Store but they also can't prevent its release.

Well that's that I guess...think I'm going to pass on this one. I remember the first time I played Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty. When you used the pistol you could get an extreme zoom. Just to see what it looked like I snuck up on one the baddies and choked him till he passed out, switched to sidearm, zoomed and tapped him execution style. Game or not it was kind of a creepy feeling and I never did that again. I still play plenty of shooters and blast everything but that was definitely different as graphics were really starting to look realistic at that point

In games like Thief, Splinter Cell, Alpha Protocol where stealth is key, you have the opportunity to use non lethal means and I do because that's the options I would use in real life. On games where you choose if your a hero or thug i always play hero. Then I'll always try to play through again make the thug descisions but I always go back to being a good guy.

As someone who lost a friend on 04/16/07, this is beyond offensive.

I think people are giving these guys waaay too much credit. They're not "game developers," they're just a few attention whore trolls, who aren't mature enough to look past themselves, sitting in a basement somewhere modifying an already existing game just to get reactions.

As someone who lost a friend on 04/16/07, this is beyond offensive.

I think people are giving these guys waaay too much credit. They're not "game developers," they're just a few attention whore trolls, who aren't mature enough to look past themselves, sitting in a basement somewhere modifying an already existing game just to get reactions.

This is exactly my mindset on this topic.

Listen, I think this game is disgusting too, but there's no reason to be a crotchety old man who makes broad generalizations.

Someone has never taught in public school before, haha. Yes that was going too far but it is definitely a problem with this generation. I can't tell you how many kids I've seen jump someone and have no problem kicking them 10-20 times in the ribs, face, etc...

They literally do not understand why this is wrong. End rant.

Archived