Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nothing says douchebag like _____________

DeaconTheVillain

sweatpants wearing in public is douley douchie, when accompanied by a large gold chain.

If you find yourself putting a sweatsuit on and you're not going to the gym, you are in fact, a douchebag.

BTW, I saw somebody wearing "jeggings" the other day and that person looked proud.

In a different direction of the thread, if your shirt is tucked into your pants and you are not wearing a belt, you are probably a nerd.

I'm clearly a douche, then, and DAMN proud of it. I wear suit clothes during the week at work and by God, when I go to the supermarket on Sunday to buy my groceries, I'm gonna be comfy and wear my damn sweats! And I may even tuck in my tee shirt.

I was a huge fan of Don Ed Hardy the man and artist and I am positive that if he had to see all the DBs with no more than two stupid thoughtless tattoos running around in that bedazzled up, over colored clothing most third world children wouldn't wear, he would roll over in his grave or come back and haunt those people off a cliff.

I was a huge fan of Don Ed Hardy the man and artist and I am positive that if he had to see all the DBs with no more than two stupid thoughtless tattoos running around in that bedazzled up, over colored clothing most third world children wouldn't wear, he would roll over in his grave or come back and haunt those people off a cliff.

Some of the t-shirts are over the top, but i have a couple of his polos which I like. Now I'm developing a complex :)

You can add 9-11 conspiracy theorists to the list. I just spent the last two hours finding research that debunks the 9-11 conspiracy theories only for some idiots I'm friends with on facebook to tell me that even the scientists are in on it.

Douchebag + stupid is a very dangerous combination.

This happens at Wizards/Capitals games too. Obnoxious each and every time.

It's obnoxious to some, non-O's fans.

But to those of us who grew up going to O's games, watching O's games on TV with our parents, shouting "O" at each ballgame with our family and/or friends, it's a tradition.

Perhaps if so many Nats fans hadn't unnecessarily turned in their O's fan card (in large part because they were looking for an excuse to separate themselves from a struggling franchise/bandwagon), then so many wouldn't find it obnoxious, or would at least appreciate what that tradition means to others, hence why you still hear it at most sports venues in the DMV area.

If it was a Redskins chant incorporated in, few on here would have a problem with it, nor would most have a problem with it at other venues, unlike with the O's.

For me it's a tradition, and it reminds me of DMV sports growing up, and it's more about honoring the tradition than honoring the O's specifically. Some people hate on the Skins mrching band, saying it's loud and annoying, as well as unnecessary. Do we like the band because they are awesome, or do we like the tradition of it? It's the tradition, just as the "O" chant is tradition. It's not people trying to annoy others, it's people celebrating a tradition.

Seems like the douchebag thing to do would not be to participate in the tradition, but rather to label others as d-bags simply for honoring that tradition. JMHO.

***EDIT- and just to address those saying to keep it in Baltimore, that it isn't part of DC: the tradition is very much a part of DMV sports. Until the Nationals came back, Virginians rooted for the O's just as MD folk did. The O's, when the chant was becoming a tradition, were very much a part of the DC/ DMV area sports scene. The existence of the Nats doesn't nullify the O's past as the representative baseball team for the DMV area.

My mothers husband.

62 going on 6, and jealous as all heck of her son. Seriously. An example would be the jaw dropping classic this past Christmas when he asked her "How can you possibly love two men?" I'm only her son like, don't mind me. And that's one of the less pathetic things he's said/ done. Seriously, you couldn't make this **** up.

In fact I take this post back. To call him a D/Bag is being unkind to D/Bags out there.

Hail.

...he says while wearing his sideways baseball cap and brightly colored polo.

:pfft:

lolol sideways hat...guilty...don't own a single polo shirt :P My facebook pic is as douche as douche can get by this threads standard however (although purposefully so).

Perhaps if so many Nats fans hadn't unnecessarily turned in their O's fan card (in large part because they were looking for an excuse to separate themselves from a struggling franchise/bandwagon), then so many wouldn't find it obnoxious, or would at least appreciate what that tradition means to others, hence why you still hear it at most sports venues in the DMV area.

Yeah, yeah...how about you keep it at Camden Yards, then?

You're also heavily implying that a lot of Nats fans were active O's fans to begin with. The only reason why I even half-way followed them as a kid was because they were shoved down my throat every spring. Never liked them, never will.

But, that's for another discussion. Point is, when you're at a WASHINGTON area sporting event, don't do it. It's pretty douchy and few people seem to like it (myself included).

But to those of us who grew up going to O's games, watching O's games on TV with our parents, shouting "O" at each ballgame with our family and/or friends, it's a tradition.

If it was a Redskins chant incorporated in, few on here would have a problem with it, nor would most have a problem with it at other venues, unlike with the O's.

For me it's a tradition, and it reminds me of DMV sports growing up, and it's more about honoring the tradition than honoring the O's specifically. Some people hate on the Skins mrching band, saying it's loud and annoying, as well as unnecessary. Do we like the band because they are awesome, or do we like the tradition of it? It's the tradition, just as the "O" chant is tradition. It's not people trying to annoy others, it's people celebrating a tradition.

Seems like the douchebag thing to do would not be to participate in the tradition, but rather to label others as d-bags simply for honoring that tradition. JMHO.

***EDIT- and just to address those saying to keep it in Baltimore, that it isn't part of DC: the tradition is very much a part of DMV sports. Until the Nationals came back, Virginians rooted for the O's just as MD folk did. The O's, when the chant was becoming a tradition, were very much a part of the DC/ DMV area sports scene. The existence of the Nats doesn't nullify the O's past as the representative baseball team for the DMV area.

It has no place at a Caps game...keep it at the O's games.

Yeah, yeah...how about you keep it at Camden Yards, then?

You're also heavily implying that a lot of Nats fans were active O's fans to begin with. The only reason why I even half-way followed them as a kid was because they were shoved down my throat every spring. Never liked them, never will.

But, that's for another discussion. Point is, when you're at a WASHINGTON area sporting event, it's pretty douchy and few people seem to like it (myself included).

I already explained why the tradition carried over to other venues. How about you ask questions which aren't already answered in the very post to which you responded?

I'm heavily implying that Nats fans in general from the get go were crapping all over the O's , much like Ravnes fans started doing with Skins fans, when there is no reson for it.

I edited my post to explain further that the O's tradition was a part of DMV sports, as they were the representative team for the DMV area before the Nats came back. That tradition isn't magically erased by the Nats existence.

If few pople like it, why does it happen still at most DMV sports events? I feel the answer is because it a catchy chant and it's rooted in tradition. I happen to think people chant "O" for the same reson I do, to honor the tradition. People don;t chant "O" simply because they are big Orioles fans. There's more to it than just that. I'm an O's fan, but it's not like I follow baseball closely anymore. As I explained in the previous post, the chant, at least for me, is more about tradition than anything.

If you can't understand the tradition that's fine, but I think it's pretty douchey to hate on others for the tradition and to say "keep it in Baltimore" knowing full well that the fanbase expands well into MD and VA because for many decades the O's were the only team in the area. I think it's pretty douchey to take it to a level of hate when all people are doing is chanting "O" for a brief second.

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 10:24 PM ----------

It has no place at a Caps game...keep it at the O's games.

I took the time to defend and explain my position, I'd appreciate the same in response. To me, it's a sports tradition and belongs in any sports venue in the DMV area because its a tradition. I do it down here in TN, and at other teams stadiums I've been to as well, like ATL and Cincy, because for me it's representing DMV sports, because I grew up, as most of us did, with the O's being considered a part of DMV sports. So to me it's appropriate and it's tradition. We chant "O" out of that tradition, you all act like people do it just to be jerks, as in, you seem to be ignorant of and unreceptive to the tradition behind the chant.

It also seems most in here saying they have a problem with it were never O's fans to begin with, so I'm really not that surprised that those who don't understand the tradition take offense to it, especially now when the Nats, not the O's, are now considered the DMV baseball team. That doesn't, as I said previously, magically erase the O's past as the DMV baseball team, a past that includes the tradition of chanting "O."

...a guy who wears sandals all the time. To class. In the rain. In winter. etc.

You have to make an exception there. Swimmers like me grew up wearing sandals ALL THE TIME. Seriously, ask any swimmer about how much they wear sandals. You probably won't like the answer, but we wear them everywhere.

I only put on shoes in the summer if I'm going to something formal. Sandals the rest of the time for me.

Yelling 'O!' is classless and disrespectful to the national anthem. I shake my head in disappointment whenever I hear it.....its something you'd expect from Baltimorons

^^^ This is the correct response ^^^

I couldnt care less where you are from, what team you root for or how loudly you can scream about tradition. It's disrespectful and has no place during the singing of the National Anthem.

Archived