Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Deion Sanders: Dez Bryant needs help

Big Blue Joe

This belongs everywhere Dez Bryant is mentioned. Interesting:

Fox Sports Southwest's Matt Mosley believes Ray Sherman's "close bond" with Dez Bryant led to the wide receivers coach's firing early this offseason.

These are whispers we've heard before. Sherman was soft on Bryant, allowing him to vent on the sidelines and introducing "Keepin' It Real Thursdays" for his receivers to "blow off steam" in practices. New WRs coach Jimmy Robinson will be charged with instilling more discipline in Bryant once the lockout ends. Mar 29, 9:24 PM

Source: Fox Sports Southwest

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5558/player?r=1

Deion Sanders saying that Bryant needs help? This smells like a back pedaling move for Deion to save himself from being linked with him. Deion says he helps people but the only one he helps is himself. A person that helps others doesn't go out with Thousand dollar suits, diamond studded earrings, rolex watches, and says he is a self proclaimed preacher all the time telling people how bad this person is or how bad that person is. His past isn't exatly the best case to look at. A man of God doesn't bring glory to himself through the troubles of others like Deion Sanders does. If he is truly a man of God then he wouldn't say the things he says. I don't believe either of them.

Doesn't a good mentor stick with the troubled individuals that he's trying to help? Especially when they slip up? Isn't that why they got into the mentoring business? Shouldn't seeing the kids you guide make mistakes from time to time almost be expected? They wouldn't need guidance if they made all the right decisions all the time.

But if the kid obviously doesn't want any help, what do you do? Deion probabaly said, "I might as well just help the ones who want my help and let this knucklehead be."

Ah, even more lol...

A high-ranking Cowboys official tells Fox Sports Southwest's Matt Mosley that the team feels "helpless" with a "child"-like Dez Bryant right now.

Much like the Titans' Kenny Britt, Bryant is a player hurt by the lockout due to his lack of discipline and guidance. The Cowboys can't speak with Bryant during the lockout, but they can send a message through the media. Though much of the hullabaloo surrounding Bryant can be chalked up to the immaturity of a young millionaire, we've yet to see a sign that he realizes it's time to grow up.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5558/player?r=1

From Rotoworld, on Bryant:

>>>>>According to NFL Network's Albert Breer, the "feeling at Valley Ranch" is that the Cowboys remain committed to Dez Bryant despite his recent mall incident and string of lawsuits for unpaid jewelry.

Sources tell Breer that there's plenty of in-house concern, but owner Jerry Jones has "built a bridge" with Bryant, and is a believer in second and third chances. One team source observed that Bryant has a "lack of life skills" at age 22. Another says he's "never seen that before" when talking about Bryant's on-field talent. Said a third source, "A lot of it is not his fault, it's because of the way he was brought up. He's got a good heart, and the best intentions, but all this stuff happens and it takes away from that." <<<<<

I don't mind Deion. I think he really has two persona's. the one we see, and the other one that does try to be a good person.

He's never said he's ever been anything but a shameless self promoter, so I can't ever blame him for coming off that way,, it's his shtick, and on the field no doubt he backed it up.

But Deion never ever to my knowledge ever pretended to be anything but a merc trying to put himself in the best position to win a title and be on the big stage.

But at the same time there's an awful lot of him that comes to light that he doesn't publicize as much, and he really does seem to be a genuinely decent person. His mentoring has been a positive thing, and I believe him when he says these things about Bryant.

Coupled with reports that we read about him prior to draft about his background, and other things I've read about Garrett not being taken with him, and getting tossed from a mall like a common teenager..

I think I believe Deion.

~Bang

Right Bang. I know Deion is hated by many in Redskins land but here in his hometown he is respected. He chased women sure, but one poster stated something about Cocaine, I don't remember Deion being associated with that. I do know that he was busted for fishing on Airport property. Wow, what a crim.

From Rotoworld, on Bryant:

>>>>>According to NFL Network's Albert Breer, the "feeling at Valley Ranch" is that the Cowboys remain committed to Dez Bryant despite his recent mall incident and string of lawsuits for unpaid jewelry.

Sources tell Breer that there's plenty of in-house concern, but owner Jerry Jones has "built a bridge" with Bryant, and is a believer in second and third chances. One team source observed that Bryant has a "lack of life skills" at age 22. Another says he's "never seen that before" when talking about Bryant's on-field talent. Said a third source, "A lot of it is not his fault, it's because of the way he was brought up. He's got a good heart, and the best intentions, but all this stuff happens and it takes away from that." <<<<<

Wow, they are really bending over backwards to excuse his behavior. If I was an agent of a player with a troubled past I would do everything in my power to keep him away from the Cowboys. They are enablers of the worst kind.

Archived