Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

March Madness 2011 Baby!

ACW

:ols:

Are you really trying to take a shot at VCU fans for that? That doesn't even begin to qualify as a 'riot'.

I guess I don't know what a riot looks like. We haven't had one down here in Hampton Roads (at least that I'm aware of), the Tides/Admirals have never caused the fans to riot in the streets.

I guess I don't know what a riot looks like. We haven't had one down here in Hampton Roads (at least that I'm aware of), the Tides/Admirals have never caused the fans to riot in the streets.
VCU never stood a chance today. What are the rioting over? Bunch of idiots.

There was no 'riot'. There were a bunch of people in the street. There were like 20 people burning something and jumping over it. That's not a riot.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

What an excellent season from a team without any of last year's superstars, and a bench that was only 6 deep; Final Four and 1 point shy of the Championship game. No one ever gave us a shot for the SEC Tourney and we won that, and no one gave us a shot against Ohio St. and we won that too, and again no one gave us a shot against UNC and we won that too. And a couple small things go a different way and we handle that too. Not one ounce of disappointment here in the Bluegrass, so I say it again....

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

VCU fans have been behind that CBS set all game

Surprised they are still there to be honest, considering VCU lost

Nah, students. They still stay.

---------- Post added April-3rd-2011 at 04:08 AM ----------

Well, final will be a dogfight :silly:

Go Bulldogs!

don't look now, but the big east is the only power conference standing.

i'm going to pull for butler though. it's good to see the conference show it's superiority :silly: but i'm not that much of a conference homer that i'd root for goliath.

Yep, if given 11 out of 68 chances, the 16-team Big Least can put a team in the finals. Congrats. :silly:

Alittle sad about losing but I'm so proud of the Rams. It was nice to see parties from Campus to Shockoe Bottom last night celebrating the Final Four. Yeah, everyone was little sad but we had alot to celebration. Too bad some douchebags had to start sh*t on Broad St and make our university look bad. I wonder if they were really students or just douchebags starting sh*t for the hell of it. Our celebrations from Sweet 16 to Final 4 never had any issues until last night so I have to wonder if they were actually students.

I still couldn't be more proud of our team.:)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14893447/good-vs-evil-nope-uconn-vs-butler-in-a-tasty-title-game

First of all, none of this Good vs. Evil crap. We're going to hear that storyline in the build-up to the national championship game Monday between UConn and Butler, but it's garbage. It's unseemly, and it's unfair.

Yes, Butler is good. Admirable, honorable, ethical.

No, UConn can't say the same.

Don't look at UConn coach Jim Calhoun, who was ruled by the NCAA to have overseen a program that was not in compliance with the rulebook, and equate Calhoun to UConn. He's the UConn coach, yes. That's his program. Those are his players.

But that's where my heart goes, at this moment. To the UConn players. See, they haven't done anything wrong. The player who was connected to the rules violations? His name is, well, never mind what his name is. I'm not writing his name, because he's not on the team. He never was on the team, not really. Not during a season. Not for a game. Not even for a practice. OK, fine. His name is Nate Miles. There you go.

But he's not UConn. He was never UConn.

As usual, Doyel is spot on.

Yep, if given 11 out of 68 chances, the 16-team Big Least can put a team in the finals. Congrats. :silly:

And all those 11 teams were deserving. I'm not a fan of UConn (rooting for Butler), but I'm sort of glad a BE team made it to the title game. Makes guys like you look foolish.

And all those 11 teams were deserving. I'm not a fan of UConn (rooting for Butler), but I'm sort of glad a BE team made it to the title game. Makes guys like you look foolish.
Though you'd think with 11 chances they could have more than 1 team in the finals :silly:

Though you'd think with 11 chances they could have more than 1 team in the finals :silly:

Not necessarily. Alot of parity in the college game. At any rate, it doesn't matter if they only got 1 in the Final. They were all deserving of being there. And the fact that one may win it all, makes all those mocking the Big East look pretty stupid. I knew that was gonna happen.:)

Foolish? 11 teams allowed in, out of a ~16 team conference. And the only team left, Uconn (named appropriately) has just been punished for recruiting violations. LOL! Here's your sign!

Here's an unofficial list of conference records this tournament: Link

The ACC, freakin CAA, MWC, PAC10, and SEC were better than the Big Least. Maybe the Big10 as well.

But anybody who remembered the Big Least's under-achieving ways, knew this was going to happen before the first play-in game.

Hope the TV contracts were worth the disgrace, Big Least!

Foolish? 11 teams allowed in, out of a ~16 team conference. And the only team left, Uconn (named appropriately) has just been punished for recruiting violations. LOL! Here's your sign!

Here's an unofficial list of conference records this tournament: Link

The ACC, freakin CAA, MWC, PAC10, and SEC were better than the Big Least. Maybe the Big10 as well.

But anybody who remembered the Big Least's under-achieving ways, knew this was going to happen before the first play-in game.

Hope the TV contracts were worth the disgrace, Big Least!

I want Butler to win, but if UConn were to win I would find some delight in it. It would make you look stupid for bashing a conference who had a team to win it all. I'll explain it again...Doesn't matter if the other 10 teams didn't do as well as hoped. They were deserving to be there. And if a BE team wins it all it just proves how good a conference it was. Not sure how this is so hard to understand.

I want Butler to win, but if UConn were to win I would find some delight in it. It would make you look stupid for bashing a conference who had a team to win it all. I'll explain it again...Doesn't matter if the other 10 teams didn't do as well as hoped. They were deserving to be there. And if a BE team wins it all it just proves how good a conference it was. Not sure how this is so hard to understand.
So by your logic, if Butler wins tomorrow, the Horizon league is the best basketball conference in the country? :silly: You're "explaining" yourself into ridiculousness.

So what's to understand? The Big Least underachieves as usual. even if one of their 11 teams allowed in the tournament lucked out. A roughly one in six chance will do that for you. Again, look at the various conferences records in this tournament!

I don't have a problem with the number of teams from the BE that made it but your arguement that if UCONN wins it shows how great the conference is is total BS. So based on your logic, the ACC was a great conference last year because Duke won the title.

i was being facetious. i still challenge any of you acc nut-huggers to name one team, from any conference, that deserved to be in over any of the big east teams (and please, can we be a little bit more creative than "big least?")

conference records? it's hard to have many losses when you get 3 in the tournament. lol

top to bottom, big east is the best. i've never said teams from other conferences can't compete.

i was being facetious. i still challenge any of you acc nut-huggers to name one team, from any conference, that deserved to be in over any of the big east teams (and please, can we be a little bit more creative than "big least?")

conference records? it's hard to have many losses when you get 3 in the tournament. lol

top to bottom, big east is the best. i've never said teams from other conferences can't compete.

That's not the argument, and trust me I'm far from an ACC nuthugger. In fact I think the ACC has been vastly overrated for years.

You put in 11 teams and with all the hype that the Big East got I expected them to do much better than they did. Obviously UConn is doing a fantastic job of representing but the fact that so many BE teams were bounced so quickly was surprising to say the least.

wasn't totally surprising to me. i expected notre dame and pittsburgh to do better, other than that, nothing really surprised me. there is a lot of parity right now, and a lot of good teams that people don't know about (myself included). but the fact is, they deserved all 11 of those bids.

had they not all been in the big east, no one would have had a problem with any of the 11 teams, because their resumes ALL justified their selection. basically, what people were saying, was that some of the teams shouldn't have gotten an invite because other teams in the big east already got in. that's stupid logic.

wasn't totally surprising to me. i expected notre dame and pittsburgh to do better, other than that, nothing really surprised me. there is a lot of parity right now, and a lot of good teams that people don't know about (myself included). but the fact is, they deserved all 11 of those bids.

had they not all been in the big east, no one would have had a problem with any of the 11 teams, because their resumes ALL justified their selection. basically, what people were saying, was that some of the teams shouldn't have gotten an invite because other teams in the big east already got in. that's stupid logic.

I wasn't really caught up with the fact that they got 11 teams in. No question the Big East is a great conference and the best in the country currently. However, they were certainly over-hyped this year.

Archived