Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

March Madness 2011 Baby!

ACW

...do you not know about his suspension?

i do.

and i don't like uconn. i don't take from that incident that jim calhoun is a cheater. he has been at uconn for how long? if you think that incident really makes him a cheater, you are coming to the conclusion you wish to come to.

You all must have forgotten the TB - Raiders SB. That one was worse than the Ravens.

The Raiders offense basically was more efficient than Butler that game. LOL

There have probably been more lousy Super Bowls in my time than good ones....although the few years we've had some pretty good ones.

i do.

and i don't like uconn. i don't take from that incident that jim calhoun is a cheater. he has been at uconn for how long? if you think that incident really makes him a cheater, you are coming to the conclusion you wish to come to.

And you're choosing to believe that that incident is the only time he's ever broken the rules.

I don't believe that.

I don't really care either way, I was rooting for Butler but it doesn't really bother me. Cam Newton-esque blatant bribery really bothers me but whatever.

And you're choosing to believe that that incident is the only time he's ever broken the rules.

I don't believe that.

I don't really care either way, I was rooting for Butler but it doesn't really bother me. Cam Newton-esque blatant bribery really bothers me but whatever.

i don't know. i really don't. but i can only go off of what i know, and i don't demonize someone just because. i agree with most....in division 1, everyone "cheats" one way or another. whether it's improper tutoring, going over practice time limits, text messages....with so many people involved, from boosters to aau coaches to parents, it's possible for rules to be broken and the coach not even know about it. not saying it's right, but i don't see calhoun as dirty.

---------- Post added April-4th-2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

] You get chills when hearing Gus in the montage

"THE BULLDOGS DO IT AGAIN"

the last 10 seconds of the g. mason / 'nova game reminded me of how great gus johnson is. "EXCLAMATION POINT!"

i don't know. i really don't. but i can only go off of what i know, and i don't demonize someone just because. i agree with most....in division 1, everyone "cheats" one way or another. whether it's improper tutoring, going over practice time limits, text messages....with so many people involved, from boosters to aau coaches to parents, it's possible for rules to be broken and the coach not even know about it. not saying it's right, but i don't see calhoun as dirty.

Meh.

I'm never going to just throw my hands up and say everyone does it. I know more of it goes on all across the country than we'll ever know but I just can't root for a team like UConn over a team like Butler.

Meh.

I'm never going to just throw my hands up and say everyone does it. I know more of it goes on all across the country than we'll ever know but I just can't root for a team like UConn over a team like Butler.

for the record, i was rooting for butler tonight.

i truly believe that the programs that have not broken any rules are few and far between.

So, who at CBS decides that Gus Johnson does not need to announce the Final 4?

Gus Johnson is by far the most popular college basketball announcers in the country . . . . . maybe it is just me, but it seems like a simple decision.

I cannot seriously believe what I witnessed tonight. Such an unbelievably awesome tournament had to go out like that? Butler wouldn't have beaten the UConn women's team. For Butler to die with a whimper like they did was so sad/pathetic. Part of me is disappointed; part of me is absolutely disgusted. I'm torn at what to think at the moment.

So, who at CBS decides that Gus Johnson does not need to announce the Final 4?

Gus Johnson is by far the most popular college basketball announcers in the country . . . . . maybe it is just me, but it seems like a simple decision.

Gus would have been useless calling that championship game last night. It had about as much excitement as a WNBA game.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14901751/if-bad-is-the-new-good-this-game-is-awesome

Not another word. Not from any of you. Not another word about the disgrace of the 2011 national championship game, because you loved it. And you know you did.

Being honest here. That's not sarcasm or reverse psychology or blatant contrarianism. That's a fact. You loved that game between UConn and Butler, because that's what our society has become. We stopped celebrating pretty things a long time ago. Nowadays, ugly is all the rage.

That was the single worst basketball game in the history of the planet. 6 on 6 girls basketball in Iowa has had more exciting championship games.

Also, I no longer hear what Jim Nantz says. I just hear this: "White America, CBS and its corporate sponsors are here to ensure that nothing terribly interesting happens during this broadcast as we are fully committed to bringing you the middle of the road experience you have come to expect from CBS. We apologize in advance for anything interesting Charles Barkley may say this evening."

Archived