Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I know in the past that the Redskins have considered adding cup holders to the back of seats in the GA sections. Was always high on their list of things to improve but lost out to other items. I can't think of any other seat modification short of replacing them or adding cushions which both seem unlikely.

I know in the past that the Redskins have considered adding cup holders to the back of seats in the GA sections. Was always high on their list of things to improve but lost out to other items. I can't think of any other seat modification short of replacing them or adding cushions which both seem unlikely.

Yeah, I was thinking it was most likely little things like that, but didn't know if they were possibly re-arranging some seats, somehow.

IF you're interested they are offering payment plans again this year. You have to have the agreement in place before the due date of 4/1.

I've opted for a four payment schedule.

Just so no one misses the deadline, the 4 month payment plan requires us to sign up prior to March 1 with the first payment due on March 1 followed by April 1, May 1 and June 1.

And to the user who complained about the shipping/handling fee of $25. I am always amazed how people really believe they are getting free shipping. Like it costs nothing to print the tickets, stuff the envelopes, pay for the envelopes, and pay FedEx to deliver the tickets to your door. Any company who advertises free shipping is just including the handling and shipping costs with the product cost. We all pay one way or the other to package and ship what we buy. There is NO free handling and shipping. It is just a mirage.

I received my first Club Level solicitation of the offseason today. Redskins are offering a "40% savings" on Club Level tickets for 2014: $1,999 for zone D, $2,999 for zone B and $3,999 for zone A -- per seat. I decided to pass since these prices are slightly more than the $30 zone A seats that were available on Stubhub on game day this year ;)

Wow, I just got a call asking me if I wanted Club Seats and they were only offering a 30% savings.  End zone (which I guess is zone D) would be $2400.   That is pretty insulting they are offering people difference prices.

Wow, I just got a call asking me if I wanted Club Seats and they were only offering a 30% savings.  End zone (which I guess is zone D) would be $2400.   That is pretty insulting they are offering people difference prices.

Now is not the time to buy club seats. They give much better deals in July and August. $1999 is as low as I've ever heard of but they tend to throw in other incentives, such as free extra seats for the opener, if you wait longer. The ONLY reason to buy club seats is if you are using it as leverage to get to the lower level. Otherwise you are far better off on the secondary market a few days before the game.

I spoke with a friend who works for the Redskins (indirectly with the ticket office) today and was told that they are strongly considering having 6 month payment plans this year, beginning March - August.

I have tickets in the lowers and got my invoice earlier this week. They're offering a 4 payment plan with no fees. They charge your card in "4 four equal installments on 3/1/14, 4/1/14, 5/1/14 and 6/1/14"

That makes it a little less easier.

As for the ****ty non-conference teams that we're playing? Thank God! Maybe we'll win a couple!

Look genius,

People are saying they wish they could do the 6 month plan, but complain it’s only for newbies.

Well the 6 month plan is January to June.  So either you have the dough to start paying in January, or you don’t.

If you don’t, then the 6 month plan won’t help you.

If you do, then put 1/6 of your 11K invoice into savings in January, when payment one of this all-wonderful plan would have started,

In Feb put in another 6th.  You’re up $3666.

In Mar you get an invoice for $3666.  Pay it from savings.  Put another 1/6th into savings.  Net-net you’re up $1833.

In Jun you get another invoice.  Put another 1/6th into savings.  Pay your invoice from savings.  Net-net you’re still on par with the 6 month plan.

In July, you get another invoice.  You would have put 1/6th into savings, i.e. $1833.  But pay the last invoice for $3666.  Net-net you’re only down $1833 from what you would have been on the 6 month plan, which you would have paid the next month.

And if $1833 of cash flow for one month is going to make life that impossible, then you have to seriously question why/how/whatthe**** you’re doing spending $11K on football tickets.  So I guess go ahead and cancel if you’re trying to prove a point or something—glad I won’t have to sit near you.

Financial independence?  Hardly--I'm ****ing broke.  But I know that whether I pay every month for 3 months, or every month for 6 months, IT's THE SAME DAMN AMOUNT GENIUS.  Make your own payment plan, it's doesn't have to be the schedule the Redskins set up for you. 

Correct, you won't sit near me, which is good.. I'm on the 45 yard line lower level. Thanks.

Now is not the time to buy club seats. They give much better deals in July and August. $1999 is as low as I've ever heard of but they tend to throw in other incentives, such as free extra seats for the opener, if you wait longer. The ONLY reason to buy club seats is if you are using it as leverage to get to the lower level. Otherwise you are far better off on the secondary market a few days before the game.

Agree 100%.  Club seats are always available.  There is no point in buying them before the two preseason games.  

The Redskins haven't offered me enough Cool-Aid to get me to renew yet. I'm going to wait until the April 1st deadline and then decide. I want to see what they do in March during free agency so I'm not going to sign up for the 4 payment plan. I've used the Redskins credit card for the last 3 years allowing me 6 months to pay off the balance without a finance charge. Last year was such a disappointment. If I had to make a decision now I wouldn't renew.

Agree 100%.  Club seats are always available.  There is no point in buying them before the two preseason games.  

This is a great point. it's typically around that time that they up the ante on their incentives as well.

Correct, you won't sit near me, which is good.. I'm on the 45 yard line lower level. Thanks.

Wow, umm, 3 weeks later you respond.  You got me good, I guess?   :rolleyes:

Edited to add: you first mocked me for arrogance over my excessive financial means.  Now you're mocking me because your tickets are in a zone I can't afford.  Wish you'd make up your mind   :lol:

Edited by Redskin-All-In

I'm going to be renewing for my second year as a season ticket holder. Currently have two seats sitting in UL, Sect 450, Row 22.

I'm already approved for the Redskins Barclay card and will be paying in full prior to March 1st to get a chance to upgrade my seats.

Curious what peoples experience is relative to how long I should expect to be a season ticket holder before getting the opportunity to move to the lower level. Typically does the move go UL > CL > LL?

My current invoice sits at about $1500 but I'd be willing to bump it up to $2000 if I could move to the club level. I see people are being solicited for Club Level seats for next year - is this something I should contact the Box Office about??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My current invoice sits at about $1500 but I'd be willing to bump it up to $2000 if I could move to the club level. I see people are being solicited for Club Level seats for next year - is this something I should contact the Box Office about??

Thanks in advance for any advice.

You won't get tickets from the ticket office in the club level for $2,000. 

Call me a sucker. I just re-upped my season tickets for another year. This will be my 12th season as a STH. You would think by now that my optimism would take a hit. HA! I'll probably see a 6-10 season with 2 home wins. Just like most other years......Sucks to be a Skins addict.

Someone who posted earlier stated that the Redskins were offering 40% off at club level....That's where I got the two grand from. But a couple other people said they had different offers on clubs

:unsure:

That was per ticket. So about 4000 for 2 seats.

Someone who posted earlier stated that the Redskins were offering 40% off at club level....That's where I got the two grand from. But a couple other people said they had different offers on clubs

:unsure:

For two grand for two tickets I suspect every person in the upper uppers would move to the club.  They wouldn't have trouble moving tickets at that price.

For two grand for two tickets I suspect every person in the upper uppers would move to the club.  They wouldn't have trouble moving tickets at that price.

I pay more than that for my corner endzone lower level seats. I'd move from the lower level to the upper level for that price!

That explains it. I thought it was too good to be true. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm curious if anyone was in my situation last year that I'm in this year. Upper Level looking to move down some rows, closer to 50, etc. What type of offer should I get at the upgrade from where I currently stand?

Also - realistically how long would it take to move down to the lower level seats via the upgrade process....10-15 years?

Edited by SkinsFanCU07

Skins do not do upgrade offers any more. When it comes time in mid summer, you will be assigned an upgrade window based on seniority (years as a STH) and other factors such as being a member of the Touchdown Club or Tailgate Club. That should not be of concern to you since you are in the upper deck. Obviously, seats closer to the 50 yard line are harder to get as well as lower level seats.

When the Skins finally opened up the lower level to upgrades from the upper deck, I moved down that first year. But I was a 7 year STH and was then sitting in row 5 of my section. But expect to start in the end zone and move around to sideline slowly. Lower level sideline seats do not open often and those that do seem to go to people in the TD club or the tailgate club, which cost extra money.

Make sure you have an online account setup. When your upgrade window (date and time) arrives, you will need to login and select the seats you want. The Redskins will send all STHs instructions on how to to this before they begin the upgrade process. My advice is once your upgrade window becomes available, keep checking back on a regular basis. Seats open up at weird times with no rhyme or reason it seemed based on last year. You can upgrade more than once. But only once per day.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to explain the ins and outs of the upgrade process SonnyandSam. I don't plan on bailing on this team any time soon, it took seven years for me to get from the waiting list to an actual season ticket holder.

Even though I'm from NY I bleed Burgundy and Gold through and through.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the ins and outs of the upgrade process SonnyandSam. I don't plan on bailing on this team any time soon, it took seven years for me to get from the waiting list to an actual season ticket holder.

Even though I'm from NY I bleed Burgundy and Gold through and through.

You're welcome. By the way, I should have added that there is much more movement in the upper deck than the lower level. For whatever reason, people do not stick with their season tickets in the upper level. As long as you are willing to sit on either the home or visitor side, you have a very good chance of moving down quickly. And now that WE can choose our own upgrades, it no longer matters if you sit on the upper level visitor side but eventually want to move to the home lower level side in the future. Although there are fewer available seats on the home lower level side for the obvious reason.

That explains it. I thought it was too good to be true. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm curious if anyone was in my situation last year that I'm in this year. Upper Level looking to move down some rows, closer to 50, etc. What type of offer should I get at the upgrade from where I currently stand?

Also - realistically how long would it take to move down to the lower level seats via the upgrade process....10-15 years?

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that you can move into the lower level this year. Once your window opens, keep logging in every day to see if something opens up. I remember last year there were a lot of open seats in section 214 even towards the end of the upgrades. You can also upgrade as much as you want(once per day), so if you see something in 450 in a lower row, you can grab them, then keep checking back each day to see if something better opens up. It's hard to say how long it takes to move to a certain spot because it is difficult to predict how well the team will do and how many people renew. I would be shocked if it would take more than 5 years to move down to the lower level no matter how well the team is doing.

Also, you don't have to pay in full on March 1st to get the opportunity to upgrade. You just either have to pay in full by April 1, or sign up for the 4 payment plan by March 1st. If I were you, I would still do the payment plan, that way you still get the 6 months to pay, but you only have to pay 25% each month, so starting in September, your first payment would be due if you use the Barclay card.