Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

How often are you guys moved? It seems like a big part of this website has been moved and that's something that never really happened with the Jets in my years as a season ticket holder, at least that I'm aware of (didn't start paying for them/dealing with them myself until 2006).

Ah yes...another reason any STH would despise a move to PSLs. No seat upgrades.....I completely forgot about that. The only way you can upgrade in a stadium with a PSL is to sell your PSL and buy another.

A lot of us have moved quite a bit over the years. This is my ninth season as a STH and have moved 5 times from Section 424, row 27 to my new seats this year, Section 108, row 17. I've gone from nosebleeds on the goal line to corner end zone on the lower level.

EDIT... Hey L7Panda.....did you hear Meadowlands Stadium is going to be named after MetLife? Not official yet.

Edited by SonnyandSam

EDIT... Hey L7Panda.....did you hear Meadowlands Stadium is going to be named after MetLife? Not official yet.

Yeah, I actually just posted an article in 'Around the NFL' about it.

It's funny because MetLife is close to a deal that would pay the clubs $17-18 million a year, but when the stadium was being built everyone told us that they'd EASILY get $30 million a year.

Ha.

Should have just renovated the old stadium.

No .. but I know people who did and they were told no unless it was a move from the Upper Deck into the Lower Tier.

Until about 2 years ago a move from the UL to the LL at FedEx was unheard of unless you bought some sort of premium package.

Until about 2 years ago a move from the UL to the LL at FedEx was unheard of unless you bought some sort of premium package.

It was very rare for us at GS, too. Just saying I see a lot of people on here moving from the UL to LL and a lot of people changing rows in every level. It's interesting.

Or as I like to say...

Until the year I gave up my season tickets moving from the UL to the LL was a pipedream :(

Do you regret giving them up?? I have been on the fence about it for a few years. I hate paying for those preseason games. Plus you seem to do pretty well securing good seats without having season tickets. Just curious what you think now that its been 2 years without them.

Do you regret giving them up?? I have been on the fence about it for a few years. I hate paying for those preseason games. Plus you seem to do pretty well securing good seats without having season tickets. Just curious what you think now that its been 2 years without them.

I don't regret giving them up (most of the time). I do miss being a season ticket holder, if that makes sense. I don't miss paying for the preseason.

As far as securing seats, I do ok, but it is more stressful this way. Good friends and a solid knowledge of when and where to look for tickets is the key to being successful at going to the games and not getting raked over the coals, a good amount of luck doesnt hurt either.

I'd make most people cry if they knew what i paid out of pocket to go to 9 of the 10 games last year, that includes the 4 or 5 that all 3 of us went to and green parking for the season.

of course without the friends I made as a STH none of that would have been possible.

It was very rare for us at GS, too. Just saying I see a lot of people on here moving from the UL to LL and a lot of people changing rows in every level. It's interesting.

Just wait. The next time they raise ticket prices at FedEx, I'd be willing to bet they will have a different pricing structure. Currently all lower level, non obstructed view tixs are $99 plus tax (which is a complete joke they took the tax out of the price of the tickets. Skins are only organization I know that separates the two). I'd be willing to bet LL sideline, LL corners and LL endzone are all different prices.

Just wait. The next time they raise ticket prices at FedEx, I'd be willing to bet they will have a different pricing structure. Currently all lower level, non obstructed view tixs are $99 plus tax (which is a complete joke they took the tax out of the price of the tickets. Skins are only organization I know that separates the two). I'd be willing to bet LL sideline, LL corners and LL endzone are all different prices.

Agreed. And while they're at it, I wouldn't mind if they restructured the UL pricing tiers. I am in 446, which is on the corner behind the end zone, yet somehow my section qualifies as "sideline" and I am paying accordingly.

Yeah I hear you on that crunch. I'm going to be a first year holder this year and chose sidelines / payed for it. Not that I expect to be on the 50 immediately or anything like that, but putting me basically in the back corner or something which qualifies as a 'sideline' to them is a joke (not that that's where I've been put, but I expect it).

Edited by B55Green

First, there has not been a GA ticket increase for 6 years. As long as I recall all the seats in the lower level have been priced the same. MTH or RFK could verify this. So I don't know what you are basing your opinion on since they have not priced any LL seat differently in the past. Second, I think breaking the $100 barrier, even on sideline seats is pushing it; and even more so for end zone seats. Snyder has been hurt by pushing the price point on many of his seats: certainly all the premium seats; and even the GA seats have been vacated at a much faster rate than his first 5-7 years. At some point, there becomes a point of diminishing returns for the business (Snyder) and the higher seat price. He may be gunshy based on what has transpired the last couple years with the bad economy and bad team. And if he does stagger the seat prices, he reduces the revenue he would have gained by increasing it for all LL seats.

After six years, a ticket increase is due....but the NFL teams have to be wondering just how much more they can ask of STHs when it has become much more attractive to stay home in your man cave to watch the game on an HD screen. I am certainly close to my breaking point......

First, there has not been a GA ticket increase for 6 years. As long as I recall all the seats in the lower level have been priced the same. MTH or RFK could verify this. So I don't know what you are basing your opinion on since they have not priced any LL seat differently in the past. Second, I think breaking the $100 barrier, even on sideline seats is pushing it; and even more so for end zone seats. Snyder has been hurt by pushing the price point on many of his seats: certainly all the premium seats; and even the GA seats have been vacated at a much faster rate than his first 5-7 years. At some point, there becomes a point of diminishing returns for the business (Snyder) and the higher seat price. He may be gunshy based on what has transpired the last couple years with the bad economy and bad team. And if he does stagger the seat prices, he reduces the revenue he would have gained by increasing it for all LL seats.

After six years, a ticket increase is due....but the NFL teams have to be wondering just how much more they can ask of STHs when it has become much more attractive to stay home in your man cave to watch the game on an HD screen. I am certainly close to my breaking point......

I think they have reached their maximum price point on LL end zone seats (as evidenced by the fact that they are giving them away like candy during this year's upgrade process), but the demand for LL sideline seats is significant enough to withstand a price increase, IMO. In addition, it is pretty silly that someone 20 rows up in the corner end zone is paying the same price as someone sitting below Dan's box on the 50. They obviously aren't going to lower the price for LL end zone, but they could raise the price for LL sideline and I think they wouldn't have any problem selling the tickets.

I certainly am not hoping for any price increases for any fans in any section, but after 6 years of flat prices I can see it coming as soon as the team generates some excitement and follows it up with an interesting offseason (see 2005 season).

I personally would pay more than $99/ticket for LL sideline season tickets, and I think a lot of other fans would too.

I think they have reached their maximum price point on LL end zone seats (as evidenced by the fact that they are giving them away like candy during this year's upgrade process), but the demand for LL sideline seats is significant enough to withstand a price increase, IMO. In addition, it is pretty silly that someone 20 rows up in the corner end zone is paying the same price as someone sitting below Dan's box on the 50. They obviously aren't going to lower the price for LL end zone, but they could raise the price for LL sideline and I think they wouldn't have any problem selling the tickets.

I certainly am not hoping for any price increases for any fans in any section, but after 6 years of flat prices I can see it coming as soon as the team generates some excitement and follows it up with an interesting offseason (see 2005 season).

I personally would pay more than $99/ticket for LL sideline season tickets, and I think a lot of other fans would too.

You may be right. I agree that I really do not see the end zone seats going up much at all. If you think the upgrades were plentiful this year; last year I think even more people were upgraded to the lower level. Not only were there more upgrade messages on Extremeskins, they moved the band to the Club level which opened a lot of seats.

I could see them raising the ticket prices on the sideline seats. But Danny (and the other owners) need to tred cautiously, I really believe they are reaching their breaking point on seat prices IF they want to continue selling out stadiums. If that no longer becomes a prioritiy, I could see higher sideline prices. HD tv and soon 3D HD tv will completely cut out another huge chunk of the fan base willing to spend all that money on seats, parking passes, travel expenses and tailgate expenses. Guys like me currently drive over 200 miles just to go to the game plus the tailgating costs. At some point, guys like me are going to say **** it.

I'm well aware there hasn't been an increase in six years. They make that incredibly clear on our invoices LOL. Next time we make the playoffs, there will be. They also need someone to pay for all the HD boards, party decks, etc. I believe increases during the Snyder regime have come after playoff runs in 2005 and 2007. I also think there was one in 2000 after the 99 NFC East crown and the big spending spree.

Very few, if any, pro stadiums have the same pricing structure for all lower bowl tixs. I just looked through 20 or so NFL teams' tix sites and not one had the entire LL priced the same. I never said prices will raise across the board, just a different pricing structure. A lower level endzone seat is no where near equal to the value of a lower level sideline seat between the 20s. I bet you will see a change and like crunch said, the LL sidelines can withstand a significant hike.

Very few, if any, pro stadiums have the same pricing structure for all lower bowl tixs. I just looked through 20 or so NFL teams' tix sites and not one had the entire LL priced the same....

Ours used to be like that as well.

There were two LL prices prior to Snyder: $55 each for endzone seats and $60 each for sidelines seats.

omg. i'd pay 60$ for lower level sidelines in a heartbeat.

i'm curious as to how you would justify an increase, seemingly based on it being 6 years past the last one?

when you factor in inflation and wage increases (or, the lack there of) over the last 10 years, i'm confused as to what would justify an increase?

thats not even talking about the quality of the team that actually gets onto the field for 8 games a year...

Edited by tshile

Wouldn't prices have to rise as these contracts get more and more out of hand? I would assume if they set some sort of maximum contract the tickets might be able to drop. However I could be wrong.

Not to get too far off topic, but my understanding of the current proposal is that the players will probably accept a smaller percentage of a larger (and ever growing) pie. Most teams have hit the ceiling for ticket prices, but the NFL is positioning itself to make most of its money off TV deals. Also, the impending rookie contract cap will take a huge edge off that problem.

Point being, the player salaries and the ticket prices will probably bear a more attenuated relationship to each other under the new CBA.

I am in UL. I selected the auto-upgrade to move closer to the 50. My seats haven't ever disappeared that I've noticed and they are still the same today. Should I be worried something is wrong at this point? I got moved one section over last year.

Thanks.

Joy

Edited by skinsjoy