Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Anyone see this?  My friend sent me some article, not sure where it came from,  but I haven't seen any emails regarding tickets.

"The Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday became the latest NFL team to allow season ticketholders to delay payment, telling fans they could delay at least a month to pay. With the Falcons, 50 percent of NFL teams have now delayed season ticket and personal seat license payments, while many of the others say they will respond favorably to customers who call asking for more time, according to a survey of the 32 teams.

The other 15 teams that are delaying season tickets payments, according to The Athletic survey, are the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, LA Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals and LA Rams. "

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Anyone see this?  My friend sent me some article, not sure where it came from,  but I haven't seen any emails regarding tickets.

"The Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday became the latest NFL team to allow season ticketholders to delay payment, telling fans they could delay at least a month to pay. With the Falcons, 50 percent of NFL teams have now delayed season ticket and personal seat license payments, while many of the others say they will respond favorably to customers who call asking for more time, according to a survey of the 32 teams.

The other 15 teams that are delaying season tickets payments, according to The Athletic survey, are the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, LA Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals and LA Rams. "

Nope, haven't seen it. 

I'll have to check our Cc's to see how many payments hit.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Just got this email:

We value our fans and hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well during what is undoubtedly a difficult time. As part of our Club’s commitment to you, we are making the following updates regarding your 2020 season tickets.

For those currently enrolled in our six-month payment plan:

• Your next season ticket payment scheduled for the month of April will now be deferred to May. The final payment on your six-month payment plan will now be in September.
  • There is nothing you need to do to take advantage of this change. We will automatically adjust your payment plan immediately.

The health and safety of our fans, players, and staff is our top priority. We continue to closely monitor the latest developments and will communicate any updates accordingly. If you have any questions or would like to connect with your Membership Services Representative, please email us at tickets@redskins.com or call or text us at (301) 276-6050 and we will respond to you shortly.

We understand that this is an unsettling time for everyone. We will get through this together. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to seeing you at FedExField this season.

HTTR,

The Washington Redskins

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

Just got this email:

We value our fans and hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well during what is undoubtedly a difficult time. As part of our Club’s commitment to you, we are making the following updates regarding your 2020 season tickets.

For those currently enrolled in our six-month payment plan:

• Your next season ticket payment scheduled for the month of April will now be deferred to May. The final payment on your six-month payment plan will now be in September.
  • There is nothing you need to do to take advantage of this change. We will automatically adjust your payment plan immediately.

The health and safety of our fans, players, and staff is our top priority. We continue to closely monitor the latest developments and will communicate any updates accordingly. If you have any questions or would like to connect with your Membership Services Representative, please email us at tickets@redskins.com or call or text us at (301) 276-6050 and we will respond to you shortly.

We understand that this is an unsettling time for everyone. We will get through this together. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to seeing you at FedExField this season.

HTTR,

The Washington Redskins

Beat me to it!

I honestly wonder how the leagues are going to handle tickets across the board.  From the NBA and NHL who haven't finished (and likely have playoff plans being paid for right now), to MLB that isn't starting on time, what's going to be the process?  

I also have Orioles tickets, and when I've bought the playoff package and they didn't make it like in 2016, that money went towards the tickets for next season.  However, that money could be useful for the STH's right now to make bill payments for a couple months, or buy groceries, or anything of the sort.  I really hope teams just aren't going to put that money towards "next year" when some people may not have the income yet to go back to attending games with all of the other costs besides admission.  It would really be nice if those teams would start funneling the unplayed games back to the STH's.

I know the NFL is likely to get some sort of season in, so the Redskins should be fine, but they should have a plan in place as well.  

• 4 weeks later...

I am surprised we have not received any info from the Redskins yet on season ticket subjects like upgrades and contingency plans if no season.  Will we receive a credit or refund if preseason or season games are cancelled.

13 hours ago, bryantlc said:

I am surprised we have not received any info from the Redskins yet on season ticket subjects like upgrades and contingency plans if no season.  Will we receive a credit or refund if preseason or season games are cancelled.

Well we still at least 4 months out from Pre-Season so I think they have time.     I'm more annoyed with the sports that are currently in progress and have given us no information.   "I'm looking at you Capitals........"

On 4/22/2020 at 8:56 AM, Howie411 said:

Well we still at least 4 months out from Pre-Season so I think they have time.     I'm more annoyed with the sports that are currently in progress and have given us no information.   "I'm looking at you Capitals........"

Agreed.  I've gotten nothing from the Orioles either.  Really sucks that basketball and hockey STH's are still out those games too.  

I know the teams would like not to give that money back, but roll it into next year, but a lot of fans could use that money right now.

I just received an email from the Orioles.  They are offering a 125% credit to your online account for season ticket holders, or a full refund on March, April and May games.  If you ordered single game tickets online or through the box office, they are advising you contact the box office line for refunds/credit.  If you ordered through third party sellers, you need to contact the third party seller.  

I also asked for clarification on whether or not that 125% credit can be rolled into future season tickets, or if it's just for single game purchases.  That's huge to me, and not clear in their FAQ.  If we don't have a season this year, that credit means my entire 2021 plan is already paid for, as well as 3/4's of 2022.  I don't see any team being happy with losing that much active cash flow.  

I've had season tickets for 17 years and I'm leaning towards not renewing them. I totally would have if it wasn't for all the uncertainty in the world. I highly doubt we will have regular games with fans in the fall. If we do though, I'm guessing that there will be a large portion of people that will be hesitant to go around crowds which will lower the demand and prices big time. If there is football this year, I'm guessing tickets are going to be dirt cheap. Even cheaper than previous years if that's possible. My seats are on the lower level 47 yard line and I have over 100,000 rewards yards saved up which I guess I will lose which really sucks but doesn't seem worth the gamble.  I talked to my rep the other day about it and she said she was fine if I wanted to wait a couple more weeks and decide which I'm going to do. I wish they would do something like take our credit card info but only charge us if the game gets played. That might convince me to renew.

17 hours ago, josh35b said:

My seats are on the lower level 47 yard line and I have over 100,000 rewards yards saved up which I guess I will lose which really sucks but doesn't seem worth the gamble.  

You wont lose the 100,00 rewards yards. You just wont be able to "buy" anything. If you come back those yards will still be there. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 7:04 AM, just654 said:

You wont lose the 100,00 rewards yards. You just wont be able to "buy" anything. If you come back those yards will still be there. 

They might be getting rid of Redskins Rewards.   You notice how the amount given from renewing this year was like way lower compared to past years.  I think they are starting to phase it out.

2 hours ago, Howie411 said:

They might be getting rid of Redskins Rewards.   You notice how the amount given from renewing this year was like way lower compared to past years.  I think they are starting to phase it out.

I hope not. I didn’t renew last year. Bought a house and had a kid. But that program was the reason I stayed for as long as I did. But when Lisa left, I figured it was coming.

• Like 1

In a memo from Goodell sent to all teams, the refund policy is to issue a full refund for any games played without an audience, or apply it as a credit towards future games/seasons, for tickets purchased directly from the team. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/nfl-provides-teams-ticket-refund-policy-amid-coronavirus-uncertainties

On 5/7/2020 at 11:32 AM, FFEMT284 said:

Bumping this up to see if anyone got an incentive or anything from the ticket office to renew, or consider renewing. 

I already purchased mine in full, so I haven't heard anything from them.  I did ask for parking passes this year, as that's the only thing on the secondary market that doesn't hit rock bottom, and they gave me purple lot out of the gate.  

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 3:15 PM, FFEMT284 said:

Was able to get the Ticket account rep to upgrade to purple parking also, and to remove two parking passes from the preaseason games. ($100 savings)

Not sure if anyone else had other success. 

Hmmmm...I'll have to try that.

We don't attend preseason games anyway.

How many seats and passes are on your account?

What did you say to the ticket rep to get them to remove the parking passes?

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

In a memo from Goodell sent to all teams, the refund policy is to issue a full refund for any games played without an audience, or apply it as a credit towards future games/seasons, 

That works for me! 

As things stand now, I would just take the credit.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:00 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

In a memo from Goodell sent to all teams, the refund policy is to issue a full refund for any games played without an audience, or apply it as a credit towards future games/seasons, for tickets purchased directly from the team. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/nfl-provides-teams-ticket-refund-policy-amid-coronavirus-uncertainties

I already purchased mine in full, so I haven't heard anything from them.  I did ask for parking passes this year, as that's the only thing on the secondary market that doesn't hit rock bottom, and they gave me purple lot out of the gate.  

Purple parking is pretty nice, but I still find parking in the Redzone lot so much better.  Quick Walk to the tailgate area, huge spots,  dedicated entrance/exit with no pedestrian traffic.

@Skinsfan1311I just called and said I was having a hard time justifying the price. Could they do anything to help me and I asked for 2 things. 1 removal of all preseason games and 2 an upgrade parking. They came back with they couldn't do the removal of preseason games but could remove parking (said the NFL required them as part of the season tickets). And they could do Purple parking. 

I called our direct ticket account rep, not the guy that answered the phone when I called the ticket hotline. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/10/2020 at 8:40 PM, Howie411 said:

Purple parking is pretty nice, but I still find parking in the Redzone lot so much better.  Quick Walk to the tailgate area, huge spots,  dedicated entrance/exit with no pedestrian traffic.

I get there early to get one of the spots with the curb blocked off, so I'm good on room.  I've never parked there so I don't know how easy it is for me, but I take 214 to the game, and shortcut through Enterprise Road both ways- I'm probably one of the few locals.  I also enjoy the short walk to my seats- if the walls weren't there, it's ridiculously close.  With the dedicated entrances last year, we would leave the car 10 minutes before kickoff and be in the seats when it happened.  

Edited by ThomasTomasz

According to info listed online under my acct in frequently asked questions , seat upgrades were delayed to the week of may 18th due to the extension to pay invoices because of covid-19. It looking like that will not be happening this week as i have not seen any posts of anyone getting an email with their upgrade time slot