Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

On 11/7/2019 at 10:25 AM, Hoover-ball said:

I have done it since they sent me an email stating that the Gold benefit is free food and cheaper beer at two spots in the club level. How else would you get that benefit if the card didnt let you into the club area. 

I have never had a problem. But i am also nice to people and that goes a long way so not sure it is official policy or I just make it work.

I'm going to try this for the Giants game.  What's to stop me or anyone else from walking out into a section and grabbing an empty seat?  It's also beneficial for the games with lots of rain or other weather.  

On 11/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, nonniey said:

Yep definitely part of the problem. Not a real fan at all.

And considering most of the league revenue is driven through TV contracts, you are part of the problem watching from home as well.  

Also, as an Orioles fan, I've found this whole concept of tanking to be fascinating, so I've read into the Astros and other teams that have done it.  At least in MLB when you have a stadium at substantially less capacity, the profit is great and they actually make more money.  Part of that goes into payroll for the product on the field- which obviously changes in the NFL with a salary cap and needing to spend a certain amount- but it also goes into the fact that they close parts of the stadiums and can close things earlier- essentially employing less people for less time.  

Funny that everyone says that the season ticket holders are part of the problem, but if more people showed up, they might be making less profits, and you are helping line their pockets even more by watching from home. 

• Like 1

RE: TV revenue.  Since tv ratings are determined by sample household, 99.9999% of people watching the Redskins at home are not directly putting money into the NFL's pocket. The exceptions to this are those that pay for Directv Sunday Ticket or those very very few who are Nielsen households.

People without the ticket watching over network air are generally anonymous and uncounted. 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:50 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

No argument here. 

We're riding out the rest season, (sunken costs), and not going to renew,  unless Snyder fires Allen, or sells the team.

This sucks, because we love our seats, our seatmates,  and the location, but it's just not worth it.

If not for the tailgate,  we probably wouldn't go at all. If we do go to games next year, we'll buy them on the cheap. We may just buy parking passes, tailgate,  then leave.  We'll see....

You eluded to that a year and a half ago when I initially could not renew due to potentially being RIFed but took a pass on getting my old seats a month after getting connected with a different contract.  I'm sorry it has come to this for you and Mrs. SkinsFan ...

• Sad 1

Redskins jus called me offering me season tickets in the section I had saved for the Giants game on Ticketmaster.

$2643 in Section 104.  Sharing because I feel they are scoping people's apps they so desperate for customers. To sell a section that used to take a generation to get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2019 at 3:18 PM, Renegade7 said:

Redskins jus called me offering me season tickets in the section I had saved for the Giants game on Ticketmaster.

$2643 in Section 104.  Sharing because I feel they are scoping people's apps they so desperate for customers. To sell a section that used to take a generation to get.

They moved me to section 101 two years ago after I informed them I wasn’t renewing. I barely break even on the games I sell.  Hard to believe it’s come to this. F. Danny. 

Edited by Timmy_Smith

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/7/2019 at 10:05 AM, Timmy_Smith said:

They moved me to section 101 two years ago after I informed them I wasn’t renewing. I barely break even on the games I sell.  Hard to believe it’s come to this. F. Danny. 

I couldn't even get them to move me to the 40 or 50 yard line (upper deck) this year.  Though I told them I would only move if I could stay in row 1 or Row 2 on the Aise, so that may had something to do with it.

38 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

So for those STH still following this thread...….does your decision to renew or not renew after this season rest SOLELY on the Bruce Allen decision? In other words, if Snyder fires him, are you renewing, or at this point are you out no matter what?

I most likely will renew.  My decision will have nothing to do with Bruce Allen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

So for those STH still following this thread...….does your decision to renew or not renew after this season rest SOLELY on the Bruce Allen decision? In other words, if Snyder fires him, are you renewing, or at this point are you out no matter what?

That's a big "maybe"

Need to pretty much clean house.

12 hours ago, hail2skins said:

In a different circumstance, it absolutely would.  However, I have a lot of great memories going to games with my dad and uncle which included tailgating before and after games.  I got my own tickets and started takings friends and co-workers to do the same, including taking many people to their first ever NFL game.  I got tickets when I did because I got aisle seats down near the visitor tunnel, and I knew that if the new stadium is built in DC or VA, that I would not have season tickets again.  So that's where I stand on it.  If we had a new stadium here in MD and in the same situation we are now aside from that, my renewal would hinge on Bruce Allen being removed from the organization completely, because he has weasled his way back into power before.  

15 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Nope ... Allen is not the root cause; see Schottenheimer, circa 2001.

14 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That's a big "maybe"

Need to pretty much clean house.

... which includes Snyder selling the team.  Until that happens, I'm not taking the bait.

• Like 1

Anyone purchasing or renewing season tickets at this point are supporting Daniel Snyder's continued ownership of the Redskins franchise. He's owned the team for over two decades; we all know what to expect. Don't put money in the man's pocket.

Edited by Zemongoose
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Zemongoose said:

Anyone purchasing or renewing season tickets at this point are supporting Daniel Snyder's continued ownership of the Redskins franchise. He's owned the team for over two decades; we all know what to expect. Don't put money in he man's pocket.

^^^^^^^^^^^  This  ^^^^^^^^^^^

3 hours ago, Howie411 said:

So any of these current changes so far making season ticket holders feel any better come renewal time?

Yes.

I had stated that "as long as Bruce Allen is still in the building,  we will not renew."

In light of recent happenings,  we are starting waffle. If Snyder sold the team, we would definitely renew, but that is not going to happen, so we're in a holding pattern and have taken a "wait and see" approach.

I still, however,  feel like a puppy that keeps running back to its owner, in spite of getting kicked, over and over and over....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yes.

I had stated that "as long as Bruce Allen is still in the building,  we will not renew."

In light of recent happenings,  we are starting waffle. If Snyder sold the team, we would definitely renew, but that is not going to happen, so we're in a holding pattern and have taken a "wait and see" approach.

I still, however,  feel like a puppy that keeps running back to its owner, in spite of getting kicked, over and over and over....

For what it's worth I waffled, hard, before giving up my season tickets after the 2014 season -- I'd had them for 11 seasons, including the entirety of Gibbs II and RG III's 2012 season, and had so many great memories from the stadium.  I thought I'd get to that first Sunday in 2015 and regret my choice, after having to buy seats on the secondary market.

I haven't been back to Fedex Field since i gave up the seats.  And I haven't WANTED to go back to Fedex Field since I gave up the seats.  And there hasn't been a single game played where, afterwards, having watched it on TV, I said man I really wish I'd given up seven hours of my Sunday to be there live for that.   I ended up having more Sunday mornings with my kids.  And more Sunday late afternoons for myself.  And I never had the gnawing regret when I couldn't even give away my expensive seats for random meaningless Browns or Bengals or Titans games.  

So, your experience might be different, but I'd ask you this:  how many people have you seen post on this board, at any time in the past six or seven seasons since defections really started in earnest, who gave up their seats and then said they regretted it and signed up again?  There have been a couple, sure.  But for THAT group, how many couldn't get great seats (or even BETTER) seats when they went back?

This franchise isn't going to turn around in a single season.  Take 2020 off.  Buy a game or three on the secondary market.  If you miss it, go back in 2021.  Odds are though, once you cut the cord you'll be happy with your new freedom. 

• Like 3

I miss going to the games but I will not give this team another cent until snyder is gone or proves he’s changed. 

I didn’t even watch them on tv after week 2. 

I just don’t have 3 hours to waste on a pathetic trash team every week. 

• Like 3

It blows my mind when folks say they don't have time for this team but post on here in the offseason. 

I also do not get why people who have given up their tickets need to so desperately justify themselves by trying to convince others to do so to make themselves feel better. If you gave up your season tickets, great. You are right you could get tickets cheaper etc. But why then come on the STH thread and post constantly?

As for the you are keeping Snyder in power by your $2,000 a year seat. Get real. Snyder is not /will not be selling the team in any capacity no matter what I or any of us do. Only way that happens if he says something stupid (More stupid than Happy Thanksgiving though that was foolish) that makes the league want him out. You just sound un educated if you think the few of us with ST could change him being the owner. You do not have to justify your move with this logic. It is ok to give up your season tickets for a losing team when you can buy cheaper tickets.

And yes I will renew easier now with Allen gone and Rivera in. Great move albeit too late by the team. Keep bungling things Dallas.

Fewer STH means more perks for me (Trip to Bahamas with Doug Williams was awesome!) but I will enjoy when we win again and more fans jump back in!

HTTR!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

blows my mind when folks say they don't have time for this team but post on here in the offseason. 

I also do not get why people who have given up their tickets need to so desperately justify themselves by trying to convince others to do so to make themselves feel better. If you gave up your season tickets, great. You are right you could get tickets cheaper etc. But why then come on the STH thread and post constantly?

As for the you are keeping Snyder in power by your $2,000 a year seat. Get real.

You don't understand the difference between dedicating 9 straight hours on a sunday to packing, driving, tailgating, watching a game, packing up, driving home, unpacking... and... casually jumping on a forum to read/post as free time allows? 

hell, I can't even justify the 3 hours it costs if you watch on TV, much less the 9 hours it costs to attend. I've got 2 young kids, 3 hours on a weekend can do a lot. wasting it on a team run by clowns when I can just look at the boxscore later and confirm: yeah, we suck again,  doesn't really seem worth it. get me competitive and competent football and i'll watch again win or lose. it was never about winning or losing (when it comes to whether I pay attention), it was always about not losing time to a trash organization. 

I agree, I don't get people who make a life change preaching to others to do the same. Former smokers do the same thing. You can find that attitude everywhere. It is what it is.

They probably come into the thread and post constantly because being a season ticket holder is a part of them even if they quit being one. That's why I come in here, though I don't post much.

As for the $, I don't think you understand how it works if you think the money made of tickets is so meaningless. But have at it anyways.

1 hour ago, Hoover-ball said:

Also someone should keep a list of posters who said they won't go to games with Snyder as an owner and call them out when they go to games when the team is winning again with Snyder still the owner.

Yes because if anything screams petty, it would be making a list of people who make meaningless threats and then keeping track on who go against those threats and pointing it out to them.

You should start making the list, let us know how it goes.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

As for the $, I don't think you understand how it works if you think the money made of tickets is so meaningless. But have at it anyways.

Yes because if anything screams petty, it would be making a list of people who make meaningless threats and then keeping track on who go against those threats and pointing it out to them.

You should start making the list, let us know how it goes.

I am not saying meaningless but do you think it will in anyway cause Dan Snyder to give up the team. Ticket sales will not nor ever do that and could not on their own cause a team to even lose money.

As for the petty, yes I agree which is why I said it the way I did. I am not that petty to keep a list but do think it is worth pointing out people making claims that you already know they wont keep.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

I got my renewal notice today with RR quoted at the top. "Everything we do is going to be about winning"

Shut up and take my money. Anyone else keeping their tickets?

I haven't gotten any emails yet, but my 2020 invoice is up on the site.  Looks like the prices stayed the same.

Some info on the 2020 Gold Membership

158031718414746064185e31ba007e494_source.pdf

Edited by Howie411
  • Thanks 1