bryantlc

Season Ticket Renewals

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

 

check out my language.  Investment was the key word.  if it's your entertainment, then i dont think so

Just yanking your chain,  Man!  Are we going to see you at the DDP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Just yanking your chain,  Man!  Are we going to see you at the DDP?

yeah for the morning.  They said the event is 10-2 only 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

yeah for the morning.  They said the event is 10-2 only 

Great!  Looking forward to seeing you

 

Doesn't matter what they say, we'll be there most of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:24 AM, turtle2328 said:

The best choice is to buy them and use them. The next best would be to buy them and sell them a Redskins fan that will go to every game. Or give them to Redskins fans. The worst thing you can do is let them fall into the hands of opposing team fans... at any price.

 

I think the final straw for my brother was last season when he sold his pair of tickets and green parking passes for the last 3 home games (Giants @ Thanksgiving, Cardinals Dec 17, and Broncos Dec 24).  I think he got roughly $100 a game for what cost him $330 a game.  That's pretty harsh.

 

 

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:24 AM, turtle2328 said:

The best choice is to buy them and use them. The next best would be to buy them and sell them a Redskins fan that will go to every game. Or give them to Redskins fans. The worst thing you can do is let them fall into the hands of opposing team fans... at any price.

 

I think the final straw for my brother was last season when he sold his pair of tickets and green parking passes for the last 3 home games (Giants @ Thanksgiving, Cardinals Dec 17, and Broncos Dec 24).  I think he got roughly $100 a game for what cost him $330 a game.  That's pretty harsh.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 9:37 AM, MarkB452 said:

 

I think the final straw for my brother was last season when he sold his pair of tickets and green parking passes for the last 3 home games (Giants @ Thanksgiving, Cardinals Dec 17, and Broncos Dec 24).  I think he got roughly $100 a game for what cost him $330 a game.  That's pretty harsh.

 

 

 

I think the final straw for my brother was last season when he sold his pair of tickets and green parking passes for the last 3 home games (Giants @ Thanksgiving, Cardinals Dec 17, and Broncos Dec 24).  I think he got roughly $100 a game for what cost him $330 a game.  That's pretty harsh.

 

 

Yeah man... selling them is a losing proposition. I look at it very similar to buying a house. Don't get a huge mortgage because you think it's a great short term investment. Buy a house because you love it and plan on using it forever. Any appreciation is irrelevant because you'll be dead when it's realized. Buy season tickets because you love it and plan on going to every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

Yeah man... selling them is a losing proposition. I look at it very similar to buying a house. Don't get a huge mortgage because you think it's a great short term investment. Buy a house because you love it and plan on using it forever. Any appreciation is irrelevant because you'll be dead when it's realized. Buy season tickets because you love it and plan on going to every game.

Clearly you don't own a house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Clearly you don't own a house. 

This is a lesson learned from experience. I DO own a house. But if I had it all to do over again, no chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

This is a lesson learned from experience. I DO own a house. But if I had it all to do over again, no chance.

yeah because you clearly indicate you bought a house for a short term investment.  sorry not sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing beats Tailgating.

Life is short. Enjoy it and you can not take your money with you.

Do people prefer to say "I was at the game that they came back etc..." or "I saw that game from the comfort of my chair by myself"

 

To each his/her own but I have wasted money on much more foolish things than season tickets. If I didnt have the season I would not know my neighbors and I would be much less likely to get off my lazy can and go. Often happy I did. Haha!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, turtle2328 said:

Yeah man... selling them is a losing proposition. I look at it very similar to buying a house. Don't get a huge mortgage because you think it's a great short term investment. Buy a house because you love it and plan on using it forever. Any appreciation is irrelevant because you'll be dead when it's realized. Buy season tickets because you love it and plan on going to every game.

 

that is an incredilous comparison and a very debatable fact pattern on houses.

 

i had season tickets. i stopped having fun around 2009. i should have bought more real estate in hindsight. 

Edited by Cliffmark1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

Nothing beats Tailgating.

Life is short. Enjoy it and you can not take your money with you.

Do people prefer to say "I was at the game that they came back etc..." or "I saw that game from the comfort of my chair by myself"

 

To each his/her own but I have wasted money on much more foolish things than season tickets. If I didnt have the season I would not know my neighbors and I would be much less likely to get off my lazy can and go. Often happy I did. Haha!

Well yeah, you bring up tailgating, but then bring up an example of the benefits of being present during the actual game itself.

 

I don't think people should be ragged on for having season tickets, but the point that some make on here is that its very easy to go to all the meaningful games for a fraction of the cost of what a STH pays.  And then there's the argument of "Why does one post in a thread about season ticket renewals if you're anti-season ticket?" Well, the thread is chock full of people indicating their reasons for not renewing their seats, so figure any comments are fair game.

 

And its true that people have cited the pleasure of sitting next to the same folks at every game, but it seems that is even becoming less common due to STH turnover (or STH selling their seats!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can do tailgating every game wihtout season tickets.  the 2ndary market is flooded and you can still attend every game and save hundreds of dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like cheering and feeling like I am supporting the team and they can hear me. (I do have a loud voice;)

Could I save money by going to the secondary market? Sure but I would go to fewer games and some of the best have been games I didnt think would be worth it but I had tickets so I plan to go and I invite someone fun and have a grand time.

 

The rewards program for STH's was tonight was with Alex Smith and it was free and so much fun. We sung HTTR and he said when deal first came out he had to google HTTR because folks kept saying it to him. Such a fun night and if I have to over pay to get little fun nights on a Wednesday in April or go to a preseason game with an old friend I never would have bought tickets for and we have a great time catching up....well I just feel very fortunate that my fiscal situation allows me such a nice luxury.

 

Cheers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

i can do tailgating every game wihtout season tickets.  the 2ndary market is flooded and you can still attend every game and save hundreds of dollars

You can, but you haven't. 

We miss you, Man!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightningBuggs said:

Got a post-deadline renewal notice (second one) in the mail yesterday.  I guess that deadline isn't really a deadline after all.

 

lol got one as well. I guess they are desperate. Hell they even sent me a text last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

You can, but you haven't. 

We miss you, Man!  

I know if I didnt get the tickets I would stop going and become less of a fan.

 

 

19 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

 

lol got one as well. I guess they are desperate. Hell they even sent me a text last week.

 

Aren't most teams...in all sports...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cliffmark1 said:

 

that is an incredilous comparison and a very debatable fact pattern on houses.

 

i had season tickets. i stopped having fun around 2009. i should have bought more real estate in hindsight. 

You should have bought more bitcoin too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redskin21502 said:

 

lol got one as well. I guess they are desperate. Hell they even sent me a text last week.

 

I got a text as well.  First time I can remember that happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

yeah because you clearly indicate you bought a house for a short term investment.  sorry not sorry

 

Not really. I bought my first one because of FOMO and social pressure. Houses are not as liquid or as sound as people would lead you to believe.

 

Don't hate. Buy something because you like it and want it and can afford it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

 

Not really. I bought my first one because of FOMO and social pressure. Houses are not as liquid or as sound as people would lead you to believe.

 

Don't hate. Buy something because you like it and want it and can afford it. 

you bought a house because of FOMO lol.  the biggest purchase in your life and you let others convince you.  yeah i dont trust your judgement in anything because you just said that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

You should have bought more bitcoin too.

i have some just don’t know how to get it lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

you bought a house because of FOMO lol.  the biggest purchase in your life and you let others convince you.  yeah i dont trust your judgement in anything because you just said that. 

 

 

Troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good bye season tickets, you were always with me since the age of 5 (when my dad started taking me to games, and put in my name about 25 years ago) you never complained or ****ed or moaned. You were the perfect non wife I never had. Two of those have gone by the wayside (never again!) But I will always back my Skins!! I'll go to a few games a year still, maybe more, but two tickets will be available in 225 row 1 when the upgrading starts folks, they were good seats, go grab em! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two reasons I don't have season tickets (other than I don't live in the area anymore).

 

1.  I don't like the way you have to start with crappy tickets and move your way up.  If I am going to drop that kind of coin, I want to be on the 50 where I want to be.  That is the tickets I buy when I get them on the secondary market.  

 

2.  I like to go to a game or two each year when I can for the experience.  But overall, I feel like it is better at home on my couch.  I can pause when I want, no line for the bathroom, get good camera angles, etc.  I always have felt like for those wanting to actually SEE the game of football, at home is a better experience.

 

I will admit though I do like the idea of being able to say I am a "season ticket holder".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.