Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I received my upgrade information two days ago. I'm a season ticket holder since 2012. My upgrade period starts June 2nd and 2 PM.

For what it's worth if your account is registered to a gmail account then you will find the upgrade information under the promotional section not your general inbox.

Anyone have a better email address than the generic ticket office?  We get screwed ever year, tickets have been in the family for over 40 years, then yesterday we called since our date was June 1st and the person told us transition between family members doesn't matter and our date starts when our tickets where switched over.  I guess having tickets in your family for years means nothing to them.  I really hate how the Redskins treat their old season ticket holders.  It is really a shame!!!!

Anyone have a better email address than the generic ticket office?  We get screwed ever year, tickets have been in the family for over 40 years, then yesterday we called since our date was June 1st and the person told us transition between family members doesn't matter and our date starts when our tickets where switched over.  I guess having tickets in your family for years means nothing to them.  I really hate how the Redskins treat their old season ticket holders.  It is really a shame!!!!

That sucks if that is their policy. But then I've read on Extremeskins how people kept the tickets in grandpa or great grandpa's name to avoid such issues that are caused by a transfer to a family member. I suggest you demand to speak with a manager, and remind him/her that Bruce Allen has made it a point to improve the Redskins relationship with its customers. And if you get no satisfaction, I would write a letter to Bruce Allen. Might not solve your problem this year but perhaps next year they will count the "family credit" for seniority.

I wouldn't email the ticket office. I don't know that I've ever received a response from that, and I seriously doubt you're going to get one in their busiest time of the year. If you have a problem/question you should pick up the phone and call. You'll wait on the line for a while (10-25 minutes maybe?) but you'll get to talk to someone.

whether they know what they're talking about...

i had my account passed down and i don't think my account status was not reset. i haven't seen anyone post an earlier upgrade date?

though i'm not sure if they can fix your problem at this point. did your account number change when the tickets were transferred? i also know there are quite a few people who have received the "the records were lost in the move" line. i've always thought that was just nonsense, but maybe they lost some records and yours was one of them?

Edited by tshile

I take no issue with your analysis, but it relies on one critical assumption: that you can see all the seats in those sections where people have not yet renewed.  

Redskin-All-In says above that his four seats in Section 106 are being held for him until May 23.   I would love for you and he to trade PMs, so he can give you his specific seat numbers, and so you can check to see if his seats are showing as available for purchase.  If they are, then I 100% accept your read of the situation.  

If they aren't, though, it conclusively proves that the team is holding back inventory from people who haven't renewed, in the hopes that they can get them to renew before they start the upgrade process.  That was my original premise: that non-renewals have led the team to delay the upgrade process, to try and get those fans back.  They didn't delay upgrades last year or the year before, which suggests that -- if it's happening for this reason -- something *IS* different about the rate of renewals this off season.

Team most definitely is holding back seats. I have seats in section 140 and had no intention of renewing, mainly because I did not want to stand the entire game and go with my son who is 8 and can't see anything. In the beginning of may I got an email from the VP of the ticket office, saying because of seat location he wanted to know why I was not renewing, I told him why and said if he could move me into to 240,241,242,201,202,203 I would renew my seats. He looked and said he had a pair in row 1 in 239 and pair on aisle in row 2 in 240. So I took the 240 and renewed, i can't attend all of the games but figured I'd never get another chance at those seats. IMHO i think the homeside 200 level are the best seats at fedex.

He offered me those seats on May 16, the same day S&S posted his breakdown of available seats, i did not see mention of those being available, I be willing to bet they had some in 241,242,201,202 but keep those for touchdown club.

Littleyoug, I'm curious where your seats are located. After 40 years of ownership, I would suspect they are pretty  darned good.

I wouldn't email the ticket office. I don't know that I've ever received a response from that, and I seriously doubt you're going to get one in their busiest time of the year. If you have a problem/question you should pick up the phone and call. You'll wait on the line for a while (10-25 minutes maybe?) but you'll get to talk to someone.

whether they know what they're talking about...

i had my account passed down and i don't think my account status was not reset. i haven't seen anyone post an earlier upgrade date?

though i'm not sure if they can fix your problem at this point. did your account number change when the tickets were transferred? i also know there are quite a few people who have received the "the records were lost in the move" line. i've always thought that was just nonsense, but maybe they lost some records and yours was one of them?

tshile, in defense of the TO, in 9 years as a STH, I have probably emailed the TO 5 - 6 times and have never not gotten an answer, in fact I just emailed them last week (in tyhe evening)  and got an answer the next morning.

• Like 1

Call the ticket office and ask to speak to Larry Chu. Bruce Allen isn't going to do anything - that's too high up. I've called before and asked for the email of the person in charge of tickets and they actually put him on the phone with me right away, which was surprising. He is the VP or something like that and is definitely the person you want to speak with. He came here this year after many years with the KC Royals. When I spoke with him, he towed the company line but was polite, listened and took the action I asked him to take. His email is chul@redskins.com. He is the top dog for tickets.

Edited by LCA77

Call the ticket office and ask to speak to Larry Chu. Bruce Allen isn't going to do anything - that's too high up. I've called before and asked for the email of the person in charge of tickets and they actually put him on the phone with me right away, which was surprising. He is the VP or something like that and is definitely the person you want to speak with. He came here this year after many years with the KC Royals. When I spoke with him, he towed the company line but was polite, listened and took the action I asked him to take. His email is chul@redskins.com. He is the top dog for tickets.

LCA77 -  Thanks so much for the information, I am going to give that a try today!  Hopefully he will be able to help me out!

Littleyoug, I'm curious where your seats are located. After 40 years of ownership, I would suspect they are pretty  darned good.

tshile, in defense of the TO, in 9 years as a STH, I have probably emailed the TO 5 - 6 times and have never not gotten an answer, in fact I just emailed them last week (in tyhe evening)  and got an answer the next morning.

romank - It is more principal for me, I believe someone who had tickets in their family for over 40 years should be treated with a little more respect within the Redskins organization.  My seats are not terrible but who wouldn't want an opportunity to move to aisle seats? :).

• Like 1

romank - It is more principal for me, I believe someone who had tickets in their family for over 40 years should be treated with a little more respect within the Redskins organization.  My seats are not terrible but who wouldn't want an opportunity to move to aisle seats? :).

Littleyog, I understand completely and agree with you, was just curious as to your location. As far as those aisle seats, been in mine for 5 years and one could easily make a case that they aren't "all that" but my wife is handicapped so we make the best of it.  Best of luck getting all this worked out with theTO.

tshile, I have to agree with the others, I have always had my emails returned by the TO over the last several years. But I agree with you that something urgent should be addressed on the phone or in person. Emails can get lost or more typically a response is delayed because the folks in charge of the emails are overwhelmed especially during busy times. I used to work at a call center for a very prominent retailer and know this to be true.

Regarding seats being held back. Yes, the Redskins do hold seats. They need to have hundreds of extra seats for visiting teams and media for every game. That gives them some flexibility in trading seats during this time of the year to retain STHs or who have certain issues....such as the young child who could not see in the 100 level because everyone stands (sorry, I forget who posted that). In my case, two years ago, a TO agent was able to swap my seats on one end of the home side to the other end so I would be closer to the handicapped lot. I got a one section upgrade even though my "email request"  specifically said I was not looking for an upgrade, just closer to the handicapped lot. The TO agent called me with two seats that became available where I sit right now. That email was sent about 2 weeks before the ticket upgrade process. Folks have to understand that it is not as hard and fast situation that some want to make it out to be. Exceptions should and are made. Subjective decisions. As long as they are reasonable decisions, I don't have a problem.

And as I said in a previous post, there were less than .4% of the seats available at the time I looked at the lower level seating map. I just don't see any evidence of a wholesale number of people forfeiting their lower level seats. Maybe on the upper level. The fact that the upgrade window is so condensed suggests they do not have a lot of open seats. If they did, there would be more time for people to move around.

It will be interesting to see the seat map reports by tshile and others as their upgrade windows open. I am particularly interested in the upper deck seat maps and how many open seats there are.

Have not got any letter or email yet stating when my upgrade window is, ughh

Call the TO man....you know better. stuff happens.....especially with the Redskins ;)

Littleyog, I understand completely and agree with you, was just curious as to your location. As far as those aisle seats, been in mine for 5 years and one could easily make a case that they aren't "all that" but my wife is handicapped so we make the best of it.  Best of luck getting all this worked out with theTO.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about my aisle seats. I hate the two women in my row who are constantly getting up during the game to get drinks, food and presumably going the bathroom since they drink so much. They always apologize but damn, my hips and knee are not what the used to be. But I do like the extra room the aisle affords me since I am a big guy.....You think Brandon Scherrf is big, you haven't seen me! He's taller but I outweigh him....

i'm glad that the email system works well for you guys.

i'm not sure why i never receive a reply. might be when i contact them, what i'm contacting them about, or maybe gmail is blocking for spam? I honestly don't know, but I've always had to call to get an actual answer from someone. but it's good to hear others don't have that issue.

between them reserving some seats (the best seats?) to give away to organizations/agencies, holding some to persuade STH'ers to renew/upgrade, holding some for those that bought club for a few years to get prime lower level seating, or touch down club, or holding ton to % of those that don't renew because every year that certain % winds up renewing come august... i'm sure a lot of "unsold" seats do not show up for us in the upgrade system...

i do recall, at one people, people on ES talking about simply waiting until the end of preseason to renew to avoid paying for preseason games. from what I remember they got their seats back, so they definitely hold on to them.

it would be interesting to see how it actually works over there... i'm sure it's really scummy and we're getting treated poorly because... well, because they can.

Just so you all know, I contacted the ticket office today.  We asked for Larry Chu, however we were told he was on another call and then were called back by someone else.  She proceeded to tell us that "Seniority" is not longer transferred between family members.  I am not sure when the Redskins changed this policy however it is very disappointing.  I thought the whole point to having Redskins season tickets was to be able to passed them along to your family members to keep the "Legacy" alive.  It is a shame that is no longer the case.  

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Just so you all know, I contacted the ticket office today.  We asked for Larry Chu, however we were told he was on another call and then were called back by someone else.  She proceeded to tell us that "Seniority" is not longer transferred between family members.  I am not sure when the Redskins changed this policy however it is very disappointing.  I thought the whole point to having Redskins season tickets was to be able to passed them along to your family members to keep the "Legacy" alive.  It is a shame that is no longer the case.  

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Well if that is a new policy, it sure as hell is not customer friendly like Bruce Allen was bragging about at his little mixer with STHs. He talked big about doing special things for longtime senior STHs. Oh well, I figure I'm done in a few years when Danny builds his shiny new stadium that only millionaires can afford the PSLs and seats. I feel bad for my son who is excited about inheriting my tickets. Not likely to happen.

May 27th at 4pm, blah!! wont be anything available to move, to where I want to im sure, im in 103 now

Yeah, yeah, yeah...**** and moan all you want. You're sitting in freaking Section 103. :D

Edited by SonnyandSam
  • Like 2

I feel bad for my son who is excited about inheriting my tickets. Not likely to happen.

It won't happen, and your son will be just fine.

Enjoy your seats at FedEx while they last.  When they move to JerryWorld wherever the stadium is, you will either be way up high or priced out.

I loved my days with my dad at RFK, but the fact that I won't be inheriting seats at FedEx or wherever doesn't make me feel bad, nor should it you.  He will be fine, and if he wants to go, money is better than tickets, and tickets are cheaper on the open market than paying Danny.

i'm sure a lot of "unsold" seats do not show up for us in the upgrade system...

I'm pretty sure that 'most' of the unassigned seats don't show up in the system, particularly on LL sidelines. For all the reasons you listed in your post. I can only imagine what the vacancy list in the 400 level must look like. 

I'm pretty sure that 'most' of the unassigned seats don't show up in the system, particularly on LL sidelines. For all the reasons you listed in your post. I can only imagine what the vacancy list in the 400 level must look like. 

HOF44 pointed this out to me last year since we sat in the same section.... but it seemed like when we talked to people in the LL corner, everyone was there because they received tickets from the organization they worked for, or because they knew someone at ESPN or whoever was broadcasting the game, or because their kid won something at a PG County school...

i would absolutely love to get a *real* list of *real* season ticket holders. weed out the orgs and resellers and dummy accounts... it would probably be depressing.

my window opens in 18 minutes. i feel like i used to feel registering for classes...

hell yeah, just got moved to 205 row 4.

exactly what i wanted. there are 5 more seats available in that area btw.

the new system is a little different.... it works fine, but you have to go into each section to see available seats. I seem to remember a bigger view where you could see available seats ina ll the sections...

Nice move Tshile. Now you have it made in the shade! No pun intended.  

As far as what we were discussing above, I'd love to see all of the TO's data on account tenure, turnover, prices actually paid by corporations and ticket broker partnerships, etc.  

I'm already wondering who last held your seats in 205 before you, and why they gave them up.

• Like 1

I wasn't able to check around the stadium much. I had a very specific plan with an order of sections to check for the type of seats I wanted. The first section had them so I jumped. I've been swamped at work and didn't want them taken. Now that i've quit for the day... I can't get back into the upgrade system now, link is gone. I seem to recall that it takes 24 hours before you can get back in... it might take more because it's a weekend (a holiday weekend at that.) But if it lets me back in I'll do some browsing around and show you guys what's open.

Edited by tshile