Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I like the moves so far and will wait and see what additional moves the Skins make before I decide but I think I enjoy the game day experience enough to give this a couple of years and see where it's going. And yes, I'm one of those people that like to know where I'm sitting and who the folks around me are...all part of the game day experience.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2015 invoice is live on my account manager. Do others have theirs?

My invoice is live too.  Bittersweet to see, it's really pushing a hard decision, since I can't afford my tickets this year, but I hate to give them up forever (4 seats in section 106 which is next to the tunnel--who knows when I might ever be able to get back there again?)

Has anyone ever had success selling their entire set of season tickets at face value for just one season?  Seems like the best options are Stubhub, NFL Exchange, ES classifieds, or Craiglist.  Any advice on the best way to go?

List the seats on Stubhub as soon as the schedule releases in April. Price your tickets lower than anybody else in your section. I've seen lower level, endzone STs on craigslist at face value for the past several years, even the 8 game package after preseason. Time is not on your side if you're hoping to break even.

• Like 1

My upper lever upper sideline seats stayed at $75.90 per game and my green parking pass stayed at $40 per game.  A price increase would have been hard to swallow after the last two years of bitter disappointment.

This also means that beer will be at least $10 next year, probably more for the non-world cup beer.

Deadline is 4/1, but as MTH has said before, your experience may vary.

Found out that I can "put my tickets on hold" for two years since I'm military and stationed outside of the DMV.  I think that's an excellent program.  I'll have to start back at the back of the line, but by 2017 I should be back in VA, we should have two Scot drafts under our belt, and my son will be old enough to attend with me.

Kind of made my day.  Very cool program from the TO.

That is an excellent program DC9. I wish I had access to it, but I'm ok with it being a military only type thing.

This is what I put in my comments on new stadium:
"The parking situation is bad mainly because people leaving the stadium walk across the entry/exit to the lots. So cars are stuck waiting. You've put people at each entrance to control the flow, the problem is no one respects these people and they have no real authority, so they're just ignored. Make sure the walk ways of the new stadium do not go through the entry/exit to the lots.

Please do not do PSLs.

Make the stadium smaller. The reason FedEx field has the reputation it has is because of the environment, which is a lot of wine and cheese types and people that are not redskins fans (some aren't even fans of either team playing...) The stadium is too big. Reduce the size, create a better, unique environment, people will enjoy it more.

Winning games also helps."

As for the rest of the survey...

No, I do not want the seats to "rock like RFK." What a bull**** gimmick. The seats rocked because the team was good and the environment was ridiculous, not because the owner decided "lets put in rocking seats." You want FedEx to have that environment? Win some god damn football games, quit with the fake sideshow bull****.

I want a smaller stadium.

I don't care about a full service sit down restaurant it's a football game, what the **** is wrong with you?

I don't care about full wait service in seats, it's a football game what the **** is wrong with you?
Open air but covered seats is interesting... not quite what tI want but better than full out dome.

Yes, I want parking for tailgating. What the **** kind of question is that?

Overall, reading the survey, I'm seriously concerned about what it is Danny Snyder is going to build for us. I have a feeling the gut retching feeling (some of us) are going to get when we see the ticket/parking prices is going to be matched by what we get when we first get there and see it's been turned into a fine dinning experience.

They'll just happen to play football while we're there.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

no price increase for my lower level tickets.

due april 1st.

still haven't decided what i'm doing. i assume i'll renew, but i haven't decided.

the offseason stuff doesn't sway me either way.

real problem is we have a kid on the way, and i'm not quite sure i want to dedicate one day a weekend to this **** show of a franchise.

That is an excellent program DC9. I wish I had access to it, but I'm ok with it being a military only type thing.

This is what I put in my comments on new stadium:

"The parking situation is bad mainly because people leaving the stadium walk across the entry/exit to the lots. So cars are stuck waiting. You've put people at each entrance to control the flow, the problem is no one respects these people and they have no real authority, so they're just ignored. Make sure the walk ways of the new stadium do not go through the entry/exit to the lots.

It's normally the same cats each game, each year as well (at their respective intersections).

You don't see the PGCPD controlling the intersections until you are outside of the stadium.  I'm not sure how you'd better the current set-up, cause it's about a quarter of a mile from the Stadium until you are out of the parking lot.  But for the new stadium, that's an excellent point to bring up.  If it's at National Harbor and outside of the beltway, that'll make it all the more interesting. 

Not sure the Fort Washington area is ready to absorb that kind of traffic flow.  Additionally that area of the beltway (on the Virginia side) is where the worst gridlock is going into games at FedEx.  Having the stadium at the harbor will make it worse.  Yikes.

real problem is we have a kid on the way, and i'm not quite sure i want to dedicate one day a weekend to this **** show of a franchise.

My advice, you'll need that one day.  Give your wife Saturdays, you take Sundays (unless you go together).  I take my kids Saturday and let my wife do whatever she wants.  Knock out all of the "honey do" stuff like yard work, as well.  Then I go to the games on Sunday with my brother.  You'll need the break, especially early on.  As will she.

The only thing that it ultimately hurt was my grasp on the college game and college prospects, but we have an excellent thread for that, thankfully, lol.

It's normally the same cats each game, each year as well (at their respective intersections).

You don't see the PGCPD controlling the intersections until you are outside of the stadium.  I'm not sure how you'd better the current set-up, cause it's about a quarter of a mile from the Stadium until you are out of the parking lot.  But for the new stadium, that's an excellent point to bring up.  If it's at National Harbor and outside of the beltway, that'll make it all the more interesting. 

Not sure the Fort Washington area is ready to absorb that kind of traffic flow.  Additionally that area of the beltway (on the Virginia side) is where the worst gridlock is going into games at FedEx.  Having the stadium at the harbor will make it worse.  Yikes.

My advice, you'll need that one day.  Give your wife Saturdays, you take Sundays (unless you go together).  I take my kids Saturday and let my wife do whatever she wants.  Knock out all of the "honey do" stuff like yard work, as well.  Then I go to the games on Sunday with my brother.  You'll need the break, especially early on.  As will she.

The only thing that it ultimately hurt was my grasp on the college game and college prospects, but we have an excellent thread for that, thankfully, lol.

Yeah I don't even take the beltway home. I go a back way and take 295 to the bridge. Once I leave the stadium parking lot it's smooth sailing for me all the way back through northern VA. I laugh every time watching the herd of people trying to get on the beltway after the game...

As for the one day... I agree with you. Problem is the wife goes with me. They're my tickets, I've been going much longer, and I'm much more of the fan but I still feel bad going without her. It's a decision we'll have to make. I think we're falling on: renew and see how it goes this year. Completely open to the idea that it'll be the last, or that we'll wind up selling tickets and not going to games.

What sucks is the timing - the team had two terrible seasons in a row. Not exactly a great environment for keeping a season ticket account and reselling the tickets... of course if they start 2-0 that changes around here (lol)

• Like 1

No, I do not want the seats to "rock like RFK." What a bull**** gimmick. The seats rocked because the team was good and the environment was ridiculous, not because the owner decided "lets put in rocking seats." You want FedEx to have that environment? Win some god damn football games, quit with the fake sideshow bull****.

Not to pick nits but the RFK visitor side seats bounce because they are on springs and a track.

I have given up my Skins tickets for DC United tickets and will experience the RFK bouncing seats in person again this summer.

Not to pick nits but the RFK visitor side seats bounce because they are on springs and a track.

I have given up my Skins tickets for DC United tickets and will experience the RFK bouncing seats in person again this summer.

Right they were temporary seats.

They rocked because they were temporary seats and the people in them were jumping up and down a lot.

Not because the owner went through the process of installing gimmicky seats to appeal to nostalgia of an era because the current product on the field sucks.

I agree about the smaller capacity.  I think Fed Ex was up to 91K at one point.  Even the new Jerrah World is only 80K for Cowboy games with the ability to expand to 100K for SBs and such. I think Fed Ex got way too big. 

But you have to be careful how "small" you want the stadium capacity.  RFK held 55K.  That is WAY too small for the modern NFL stadium.  I think most of the new stadiums are in the 70-75K range.  I think that should be the optimal capacity for the new stadium.  Anything below that and you are not getting your money's worth from the stadium.  I also agree with the overhang like Seattle has.  I'm also not in the "bouncing" stands crowd.  I don't think the stadium needs that.  Just build regular stands and as tshile said, if you win, the stadium becomes an advantage even without bouncing seats.

I live in the Charlotte area as do my parents and my Mom has season tickets.  I drive up with her for 1 or 2 games a year. I went to the Seattle MNF game this year.  It's about a 6 hour drive. But since I will not be buying season tickets, I hope that all of our diehards who do, do not have to be subjegated to PSLs.  Snyder would be making a BIG mistake doing that with all that he has done over the years.

I'd love to see an artists rendering of our future stadium like we did with Minnesota's and Atlanta's.

I live in the Charlotte area as do my parents and my Mom has season tickets.  I drive up with her for 1 or 2 games a year. I went to the Seattle MNF game this year.  It's about a 6 hour drive. But since I will not be buying season tickets, I hope that all of our diehards who do, do not have to be subjegated to PSLs.  Snyder would be making a BIG mistake doing that with all that he has done over the years.

I'd love to see an artists rendering of our future stadium like we did with Minnesota's and Atlanta's.

If Dan plays it right we shouldn't have to pay PSLs.  All three letters of the DMV want the stadium, so you go to the highest bidder, imo. 

Please do not do PSLs.

Make the stadium smaller. The reason FedEx field has the reputation it has is because of the environment, which is a lot of wine and cheese types and people that are not redskins fans (some aren't even fans of either team playing...) The stadium is too big. Reduce the size, create a better, unique environment, people will enjoy it more.

Seriously, people go to games even if they don't care about the teams?  That's a heck of a lot of $$ to pay to attend an event you don't care about. 

As for PSLs, that's up to the fans.  If the sheep line up to be sheared, you can't blame Dan for getting out the clippers. 

It's funny that now that I am giving up my tickets, I find someone on this message board who has sat two rows in front of me for all these years.  I have been in 142, row 10 for years.    

HAHA.  I sit in row 8 seat 1,  My brother and his best friend sit in row 7 seats 1 and 2.  We also have family that sit in row 9 but on the other end of the section ( I don't remember the seat numbers). And of course we have met friends that live very close to us that sit in row 4. 

That to me is the hard part of deciding whether or not to give up my seat.  I really enjoy the game day because it is a chance for me to see family and friends and party with a bunch of people.  We all tailgate together and then go into the stadium.

But you have to be careful how "small" you want the stadium capacity.  RFK held 55K.  That is WAY too small for the modern NFL stadium.  I think most of the new stadiums are in the 70-75K range.

I believe the requirement to host a super bowl is 70k+. So we can only go so small because they're not going to build a stadium that cannot, by capacity rules, host a super bowl.

I think 65k is the sweet spot, but that's just my opinion.

Seriously, people go to games even if they don't care about the teams?  That's a heck of a lot of $$ to pay to attend an event you don't care about. 

As for PSLs, that's up to the fans.  If the sheep line up to be sheared, you can't blame Dan for getting out the clippers.

Yes, you regularly see people wearing jerseys from other teams. Or you find yourself in conversations with someone that's not a fan of either. Part of it is friends having tickets, or people just wanting to see a game, or tickets being very cheap on the after market. It's only a small part of the problem as to why the environment is the way it is. I don't specifically have an issue with someone not being a fan of either team - it's kind of ridiculous to get upset at just that. It's the overall picture that irritates me (there's a large "event" style crowd there - people that are there so they can say they were there, not because they have a rooting interest in the even they're attending..)

As for PSLs being on the fans... I somewhat disagree. I think ticket brokers have far too much influence in how this team operates.

Things have started changing since Bruce Allen got here, but I haven't seen anything that indicates they won't go the PSL route yet. We'll see...

Some other questions I found interesting:

Do you want to be able to see the entire field from the concourse.

Sounds interesting, curious how they design it in such a way.

Do you want a climate controlled concourse - I chose No Opinion.

Edited by tshile

I believe the requirement to host a super bowl is 70k+. So we can only go so small because they're not going to build a stadium that cannot, by capacity rules, host a super bowl.

I think 65k is the sweet spot, but that's just my opinion.

I see what you are saying. 70k would be high end for me. Build the overhang like Seattle has at Century Link and 65-70K would be loud. Theirs holds 67K.

As for PSLs being on the fans... I somewhat disagree. I think ticket brokers have far too much influence in how this team operates.

Things have started changing since Bruce Allen got here, but I haven't seen anything that indicates they won't go the PSL route yet. We'll see...

Again though, the only reason ticket brokers even care about the Redskins is because fan interest remains strong.  Not as strong as it was, obviously, but strong enough that brokers are interested in getting a piece of the action.  Fans have made it clear that no matter how sad of a train wreck Snyder puts out on the field, they're willing to throw money at him. 

Compare the Redskins with another local team looking to build a new stadium - DC United.  They've got a pretty loyal fan base as well, but it's not nearly as big.  I've heard NOTHING about them having PSLs when their new stadium opens.  Why?  Because the market won't support it, obviously.  I'm sure the owner of United would gladly take soccer fans' money for PSLs, but this ain't Europe and PSLs are a non-starter.  Heck, I just checked four local ticket broker sites, and three of them didn't even list soccer tickets!  The market just isn't there for brokers to be bothered.