Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher Report - Redskins Mock Draft Rounds 1-7

mikedones

I like it too actually. Then again, when you see your team projected to fill 4-5 needs it always looks good on paper. I have no idea how good any of these players will actually be.

Personally I'm not a fan of Hankerson in round 2. Also its tough to tell if that trade down is a good trade down because we don't know exactly who was taken in picks 1-9 that's what makes it hard to judge this draft

woooooh i love that draft except for the kicker and a nt needs to be taken earlier. but i love hank go canes and i hate fswho but ponder is the real deal would love to draft him as much as i hate fswho? and noel dedvine never can go wrong with speed. i would be cool with this draft.

I don't like Hankerson in the 2nd round, I think the justification for trading down and going with Akeem Ayers over Robert Quinn is complete and utter bull**** ("but the Redskins need purely 3-4 personnel, and Ayers fits that mold"), and I don't think this is a particularly good year to be wasting a pick on a kicker.

Then again, it is just some random guy posting on Bleacher Report...

I would be OK with this draft, I like trading back and getting Ayers, IMO if we miss out on Gabbert and/or Dalton, we'd be better served by trying to get Luck or Barkley in 2012. Hankerson would be a nice pick up, I really do not want to see us spend a 1st round pick on a receiver, I think that there is better value in the later rounds. Not a big fan of picking a Kicker either

I like the kicker. And I like the WR and I like the OL, even in the later rounds. But it all dependson if we're just getting OL for the practice squad or we're really finding someone to start. The history of the Redksins late round picks is abysmal, especially when they pick OL. Since the 1990's, there hasn't been an OL drafted by the Skins in the 4th round or later that ever played a down during regular season.

Of those who all 32 teams bypassed, the Skins do have a UDFA named Stephon Heyer who has played too many downs while waiting for one of the SKins draft choices to make the team.

I find it funny how so many people think a kicker is a "wasted" pick. Kicker is one of the most important positions in football....I'm pretty sure Gano lost us at least 2 or 3 games last year. How many games have we lost in the past ten years because of our crappy kickers?

I love this draft from top to bottom. We get our impact player at OLB on the other side of Orakpo. I'd rather will receiver needs through free agency bringing back Santana and picking up Sidney rice to add to a corps of Anthony Armstrong, Malcolm Kelly, and Terance Austin....but I wouldn't kick and scream if we took a huge WR with lots of upside in the second. I love the offensive line picks in the later rounds....I'd actually personally probably use that 2nd round pick for the best available G/C...but I'm glad this mock has us taking a couple lineman. NT is a must, and I don't think it is a good idea to spend a high pick on one if you can get a quality guy in the later rounds....NT don't have to be extremely skilled, they just need to take up space, be strong, and listen to the coaches. I love the Ponder pick in the 3rd...many people are worried about his elbow injury....but lots of people were worried about Drew Brees' shoulder injury before he went to the Saints...and look how that turned out. Devine is a guy I definitely want....but I think we'd be lucky to pick him up in the 5th, I can't see him getting to the 7th round.

Archived