Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNN: Southeastern Virginia Arts Association Plans To Honor Vick As “Hero”

Big Blue Joe

The Southeastern Virginia Arts Association announced that they will honor Philadelphia Eagles quarterback and native Virginian Michael Vick in an event next month.

Vick, who grew up in Newport News, will be recognized at the association’s Black-Tie Honors Gala on Mar. 26.

“[Michael Vick] epitomizes the meaning of ‘hero’ not only by his unparalleled accomplishments on the football field, but more importantly, by his relentless resilience in overcoming the obstacles he has faced and becoming a true example of life success for all to emulate,” a news release in The Virginian-Pilot read.

More at the link

:doh:

He didn't do a second of time for animal abuse, after he admitted to torturing and killing several dogs, in the most awful ways a person could think of and they pulled almost a hundred dead dogs out of mass grave pits in his yard and because he can play a freaking game, they are calling him a hero? Un****ing believable. I was in the military, I'm no "hero". He is a monster.

"by his relentless resilience in overcoming the obstacles he has faced and becoming a true example of life success for all to emulate,"

His obstacles? Doing drugs, stealing, spreading herpes and murdering animals for profit are obstacles?

You guys are funny. This whole thing is very, very, VERY stupid but honestly all this is, is the extreme oppisite of your own EXTREME opinions of the man. The fact you can't find the irony in this is amusing.

You call him a monster; they call him a hero. Both sound retared to me.

End the end we are all just men.

“As that dog lay on the ground, fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its back legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn’t kill it. So, Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth, pounding the creature against the ground until, at last, the little red dog was dead.”

Yeah, that's a monster. I'm a man. He should also still be in prison.

http://chrisdurant2000.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/michael-vick-was-wrongly-convicted/

Hmmm, Hero: "a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities". LINK

Here's the guy they call "hero" and his entourage bravely being given the key to Dallass (appropriately).

Well, it's obvious this little "Southeastern Virginia Arts Association" has NOTHING to do with literacy. What a bunch of idiots they are.

You guys are funny. This whole thing is very, very, VERY stupid but honestly all this is, is the extreme oppisite of your own EXTREME opinions of the man. The fact you can't find the irony in this is amusing.

Knowing what he did, I don't know how any man could NOT call him a monster.

The quote from Koolblue, above, sickens me. I would hope that it does the same to you.

I mean what is the difference between Vick and a US soldier in Iraq. Vick killed innocent dogs, US soldier kill innocent people(including their own like Tillman) and kill people because they are trying to protect their territory from intruders.

You sir are a joke, and this post sickens me.

There are always going to be innocent casualties in war and these soldiers are putting their lives on the line to protect this great country. Where as, Vick is nothing more than a sociopath who had too much money and too much free time on his hands and wanted to keep entertained by watching innocent dogs kill each other and then when a dog failed to meet his standards he hung, drowned, and electrocuted said dogs.

If you really can't see the difference between a US Soldier and Vick then you are incredibly stupid and deeply disturbed.

I mean what is the difference between Vick and a US soldier in Iraq. Vick killed innocent dogs, US soldier kill innocent people(including their own like Tillman) and kill people because they are trying to protect their territory from intruders.

Still being the racial homer I see.

Of course, there ARE monsters in the military, we've had cases that revealed their presence. The point is, Tillman was killed by ACCIDENT, not intentionally and not tortured while it occurred. The real sin there was the cover-up for how he died.

As for killing people who were 'merely protecting themselves from intruders' the main factions of people involved in insurgency were not merely defending their nation, they were either old holdouts from Saddam's regime or, later, supporters of either Al-Qaeda or some version of that belief system, as evidenced by them blowing up pet markets with children, people of a different religious sect, etc.

No no, you're using the wrong comparison, dude.

Some American soldiers were torturing Iraqi prisoners at Abu Graib. Not as badly as Vick and his buddies tortured dogs at Vick's place, but still, there's your comparison.

So..... do we give the torturers millions of dollars and awards like from this "art" council and the key to the city of Dallass? Do we salute the torturers at Abu Graib as "heroes" like this little "art" council did Vick? Shouldn't the "Southeastern Virginia Arts Association" hold a ceremony for these torturers too, if they want to be consistent?

Or do we ban Vick from the high profile job he was in, that enabled him to finance and help run the dog torturing? Like the torturers were dishonorably discharged. Ban Vick from the NFL period, which has been done for less sickening cases like drug addiction? Oh yeah, and throw Vick back in prison for several more years. Vick only served less than 2 years. The worst Abu Graib torturer was sentenced to 10.

You decide. ;)

Bombing innocent people is not cool. Shooting up photographers like its some Call of Duty game is not cool either. Plus why aree soliders glorified for "protecting our country", but let a man gun down someone intruding his property and he gets time. This is a great country, but some things don't make any sense.

Bombing innocent people is not cool. Shooting up photographers like its some Call of Duty game is not cool either. Plus why aree soliders glorified for "protecting our country", but let a man gun down someone intruding his property and he gets time. This is a great country, but some things don't make any sense.

And none of what you just stated relates to Vick and his actions by no means. Keep rambling off random points that make you look like a buffoon.

This is one thing I don't understand about many people of my race. O.J., Marion Barry, Michael Vick...it's like they can do no wrong.

It doesn't matter if they're black or white (insert Michael Jackson joke), there is NO FRIGGIN' WAY this is even close to anything resembling reality.

So like I said here: LINK You agree that Vick should be locked back up. And dishonorably discharged from the NFL forever, like repeat drug offenders on NFL policy are. Like soldiers found guilty of similar crimes are discharged and even jailed.

You want to be consistent, right?

words don't describe how....unintelligent you sound

Our "heroes" are a reflection of us and who we hope to be.

The fact that a piece of **** like Michael Vick is a hero to the people of Southeastern VA, tells me all I need to know (and suspected) about the trash down there.

Hold on a second now...I've lived in Hampton Roads my whole life, save for college and 2 years in Quantico, and by no means is he a "hero" to me.

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 11:26 AM ----------

Wow. Really? I mean, really?

That's too dumb to respond to, seriously.

Why are you guys always hanging on Vick nuts. Let the guy live his life.

---------- Post added March-4th-2011 at 05:47 PM ----------

What's really sad here is that people still continue to defend this low life POS as witnessed in this very thread.

I utterly despair at common human decency at times.

Hail.

human decency? did you read what you just wrote???

Archived