Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNN: Southeastern Virginia Arts Association Plans To Honor Vick As “Hero”

Big Blue Joe

Oh, I'd wager good money the VAST majority of decent human beings would have the same opinion on a barbaric torturer of defenseless animals; so I think I'm good on the irony score.

Hail.

:ols: seriosly. How can a person defend the guy? He did zero time for the real crimes he did. Him being in the NFL really makes me want to quit.

[quote name=bushwack;8177161}

There are always going to be innocent casualties in war and these soldiers are putting their lives on the line to protect this great country. Where as' date=' Vick is nothing more than a sociopath who had too much money and too much free time on his hands and wanted to keep entertained by watching innocent dogs kill each other and then when a dog failed to meet his standards he hung, drowned, and electrocuted said dogs.

If you really can't see the difference between a US Soldier and Vick then you are incredibly stupid and deeply disturbed.[/quote]

Innocent casualties in an unjust, needless war is far worse than dog killing. I'm saying this as a Vietnam vet who saw far worse than the killing of dogs. We didn't need to be in Nam, and we didn't need to be in Iraq. Anyone who thinks what Vick did is worse than the killing of innocents in a war is a fool.

This is not a defense of Vick (who is a scumbag who served his time)...it is a reality check.

Where do you draw the distinction between which crimes worse brd?

Vick didn't just kill defenseless animals, he barbarically tortured them, The only way I'd equate that to the killing of innocents in war is if said innocents had been raped or tortured, and then massacred just because. No question, the killing of innocents during the course of conflict is never good. But sadly, that's a bi-product of war. Whether we needed to be in Iraq is a whole other issue where I guess if you don't think we did, then by association you'd band everyone from the President on down as being worse than a man who tortured and killed defenseless animals for fun.

Hail.

Where do you draw the distinction between which crimes worse brd?

Vick didn't just kill defenseless animals, he barbarically tortured them, The only way I'd equate that to the killing of innocents in war is if said innocents had been raped or tortured, and then massacred just because. No question, the killing of innocents during the course of conflict is never good. But sadly, that's a bi-product of war. Whether we needed to be in Iraq is a whole other issue where I guess if you don't think we did, then by association you'd band everyone from the President on down as being worse than a man who tortured and killed defenseless animals for fun.

Hail.

I guess my personal experiences filter in here. It seems that some people put Vick about one notch below Hitler on the evil scale, which is ridiculous. What Vick did was wrong, nasty, uncivilized, and just plain bad. But I get angry when someone just shurgs off the killing of innocent people as a by-product of war. I've seen, in person, killings of civilians, burnings, rape victims...all a "by-product" of war. When people in power make decisions that lead to the breakdown of human society on any scale, and fail to see their errors or act upon them in such a way as to redress wrongs, they are criminals. Yes, Vick is still a scuzbag, but saying that invading a country to protect our interests, when in fact that said invasion is bullcrap and only leads to misery far greater than what Vick did, is misguided.

I have yet to have anyone explain to me how soldiers raping 12 year olds for fun in Vietnam or committing acts like My Lai was an act of protecting our country. Yeah, that stuff happened. Good lord, can't people see that while both are horrible, one is so much worse on a grander scale? Maybe you would have had to be there to experience it for yourself to understand.

Vick, as a "hero", makes me want to puke. The guy is an animal torturing piece of ****. Unparalleled accomplishments on the football field? LOLOLOL! Wow. He has not accomplished a damn thing during his career. He's an average football player, with a horrible personality. He's a dog killer for Christ's sake. Hero? Whoever posted that needs to get the **** beat out of them.

This is not a defense of Vick who is a scumbag who served his time.

No, he did not serve his time. If he was "serving his time" he would still be in prison for the abuse he admitted to doing. He went to jail for transporting a dog that was used in a gambling fashion, over state lines.

---------- Post added March-5th-2011 at 05:37 PM ----------

I have yet to have anyone explain to me how soldiers raping 12 year olds for fun in Vietnam or committing acts like My Lai was an act of protecting our country. Yeah, that stuff happened. Good lord, can't people see that while both are horrible, one is so much worse on a grander scale? Maybe you would have had to be there to experience it for yourself to understand.

This is what drives me nuts. Yes, the things you listed are terrible, but so are the things Vick did. It can all be bad. There isn't exactly a level meter of being a sociopath. Rape=Bad. Torture=Bad. Be it a 12 year old girl or 100 dogs. It's all the act of an evil person, who is not fit for society. War is bad and shouldn't happen and what a soldier goes through is unfair. When a multimillionaire professional athlete decides to professionally start torturing and killing defenseless animals, just for some kicks, that's a problem also.

I guess my personal experiences filter in here. It seems that some people put Vick about one notch below Hitler on the evil scale, which is ridiculous. What Vick did was wrong, nasty, uncivilized, and just plain bad. But I get angry when someone just shurgs off the killing of innocent people as a by-product of war. I've seen, in person, killings of civilians, burnings, rape victims...all a "by-product" of war. When people in power make decisions that lead to the breakdown of human society on any scale, and fail to see their errors or act upon them in such a way as to redress wrongs, they are criminals. Yes, Vick is still a scuzbag, but saying that invading a country to protect our interests, when in fact that said invasion is bullcrap and only leads to misery far greater than what Vick did, is misguided.

WOOOO! Just a darn minute here.

Read my post, which you quoted, and tell me where I said the rape and torture of innocent victims was a "by-product" of war. Seriously, tell me where I didn't clearly distinguish between barbaric acts of certain so called soldiers, and other good soldiers just doing a truly horrific job and the sadly unfortunate consequences at times to civilians in war zones there in.

Either your reading comprehensions non-existent, or your just trying to be as obtusely boneheaded as you possibly can be,

Hail.

WOOOO! Just a darn minute here.

Read my post, which you quoted, and tell me where I said the rape and torture of innocent victims was a "by-product" of war. Seriously, tell me where I didn't clearly distinguish between barbaric acts of certain so called soldiers, and other good soldiers just doing a truly horrific job and the sadly unfortunate consequences at times to civilians in war zones there in.

Either your reading comprehensions non-existent, or your just trying to be as obtusely boneheaded as you possibly can be,

Hail.

I live just outside Philly and it's amazing the lengths an eagle fan will go, to try and remove any blame from the actions of Vick.

I live just outside Philly and it's amazing the lengths an eagle fan will go, to try and remove any blame from the actions of Vick.

Ya' know bud, being we're on a Redskins board, it disturbs me more that a good proportion of this fan-base would take Vick in a heart-beat. "He's served his time" blah blah blah. "Stop vilifying a guy who deserves a second chance after paying his dues." I have no problem with Vick being a free man. Whatever my personal views on what his sentence should of been, he served the punishment a court of law handed down to him. The irony that folk fail to grasp in their luster to support his right to be playing and earning millions again is if they'd committed similar crimes, they'd struggle to get any job, let alone walk straight back into such a public, high profile highly rewarded one. This one rule for one, just because he happens to be a high profile athlete; one rule for everyone else amuses the living piss out of me the more I read it thrown up.

Way too many are prepared to forgive way too much for the sake of mere athletic ability. I don't know, maybe it's a product of getting my football grounding as a fan under not only one of the best football coaches of all time, but one of the finest examples of a human being you could wish to meet, Coach Gibbs; but I'm proud some of us still realise something's are FAR more important than a guys athletic talent. I'd no longer accept Vick in the same way I was far from happy that we took on a repeated abuser of females in Larry Johnson last year. But hey, maybe I've got this all ass backwards, shrugs.

Each to their own prerogative, but the lengths some continue to go in this instance to defend the heinous acts of a "man", and I use that term loosely; because it was merely animals that are deemed worthless in comparison to human life; is both a sad reflection of our society, and tell's you far more about the individuals concerned IMHO.

Hail.

In his defense, he never said what Vick did was appropriate. In fact, I think he made it quite clear multiple times that he thought what Vick did was terrible. He was clearly responding to the argument regarding the comparison between killing dogs and killing innocent people in war. I agree with what he said there.

In his defense, he never said what Vick did was appropriate. In fact, I think he made it quite clear multiple times that he thought what Vick did was terrible. He was clearly responding to the argument regarding the comparison between killing dogs and killing innocent people in war. I agree with what he said there.

Thank you for understanding my point, as few others here seem to be able to do.

What this birds fan fails to realize is that the terrible things that have been done in war are not bringing those particular soldiers honor's as hero's. Vick is being honored as a hero because he did what? Played football well after committing heinous crimes? What part of that makes him a hero? He's a tool, plain and simple.

Let's not ignore the pink elephant in the room:

There is a very big racial component to all this worship of Vick.

For many people, honoring such a loathsome human being is a way of sticking it to the man.

The victims that scream loudest in the world are usually victims of their own stupidity.....

Archived