Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AZC: Tennessee bill would jail Shariah followers

China

Here is a horrific parallel between sharia law in action and a teaching from the Bible:

In Paktia province [Afghanistan] last year, a shura of elders decided that a 25-year-old man who sexually abused a 7-year-old relative should pay compensation to the child's family. They also decreed the girl should marry her rapist when she's older. Source: Case study from Silence Is Violence: End the Abuse of Women in Afghanistan, published by the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan, July 2009.

Question: What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker?

Answer: God. See: Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (NIV) http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy%2022:28-29&version=NIV

I don't see anywhere among them where its okay to hang gays, perform honor killings, etc.

YNC is back up to see fantastic videos of both from the religion of peace via Iran.

Now, maybe I'm off base in pointing this out, but if anyone honor kills anyone else in this country, they're going to jail if they get caught.

Same as for hanging gays,,

This is just stupid pandering to STUPID people who fear that this stuff is going to ruin their country. They're ignorant cretins who are easily frightened, and led to believe that the Sharia Menace means that killing someone WILL be legal... or that somehow making it illegal is going to stop anyone from doing it ANYWAY.

Morons. Complete and utter morons.

~Bang

At least read it if you're going to make fun :pfft:

I would say that if you agree with the findings at the beginning (I don't know enough about islam or sharia to have an opinion so I'd be interested to learn more... someone who knows more than I should be able to pick the findings apart), it builds up to a good set of reasoning for the activities that it actually does criminalize, which, to my untrained eye, doesn't match the article's title. (you'll have to click the link to the bill on page one to get that ;) )

[/code]

Good lord I really don't even know where to begin.

I'll have a full rebuttal by the weekend to every single one of those "points"

Sounds like the usual idiocy over nothing.....They clearly plan to allow you to keep your non-violent,non-terrorist supporting parts of Sharia,just like I can keep my ins plan:silly:

Honestly, this sounds like a battle over the soul of the United States. Freedom of Religion and expression is no small issue. To make their methods of worship illegal would not only be unconstitutional it would turn us into the people we hated most during the Cold War.

I am not sure what part of Sharia is "terror supporting"

I would like someone to actually provide me a copy of Sharia before making laws about it. Then we can start a discussion

Read the link to the bill

I ain't discussing crap....we dun gone to fear mongering mode :silly:

Now, maybe I'm off base in pointing this out, but if anyone honor kills anyone else in this country, they're going to jail if they get caught.

Same as for hanging gays,,

This is just stupid pandering to STUPID people who fear that this stuff is going to ruin their country. They're ignorant cretins who are easily frightened, and led to believe that the Sharia Menace means that killing someone WILL be legal... or that somehow making it illegal is going to stop anyone from doing it ANYWAY.

~Bang

Yeah those videos you can google happened last week in Iran but you can also get the one where an underage girl is raped over there too. I do not think it would be a good idea for me to hotlink them here. Facts are facts

~Bang

No wonder ND supports it :D

At the same time :wtf: is going on

Just my opinion, but I suspect that what's going on is a couple of state legislators have decided to cater to the bigot vote by introducing a piece of legislation that even they know will never pass. (And, frankly, if there was a chance of it passing, they'd vote against it.)

Yeah those videos you can google happened last week in Iran but you can also get the one where an underage girl is raped over there too. I do not think it would be a good idea for me to hotlink them here. Facts are facts

My question is simple Dave.

People get murdered here every day.

People get raped every day, including kids, right here, right now.

What in hell makes you or anyone else think passing this xenophobic law is going to stop it?

The laws we already have doesn't stop it.

All this is is a political pandering move to keep the morons slurping their fear based kool aid.

~Bang

No wonder ND supports it :D

Funny how the anti christian crowd who screams how there is no God shows solidarity for Allah.

Stupid are those who do not believe it will be the left who will be totally responsible when Israel is attacked soon though I do not really see them being that upset since you can't see them having a fraction of support that you see liberals / progressives rabidly giving the religion of peace.

Hey why should I care if wussy liberals in the US get beheaded by islamic radicals in the future? So far the only thing they have done is dismiss everything even when the talk of the potential for a Caliphate in the middle east or the Muslim brotherhood taking over Egypt

My question is simple Dave.

People get murdered here every day.

People get raped every day, including kids, right here, right now.

What in hell makes you or anyone else think passing this xenophobic law is going to stop it?

The laws we already have doesn't stop it.

All this is is a political pandering move to keep the morons slurping their fear based kool aid.

~Bang

So should they take hate crime legislation off the books? Gays and minorities are going to get assaulted and killed by those who do not like them anyway so whats the point?

Rep. Judd Matheny, the House speaker pro tempore and a Republican from Tullahoma, Tenn., said he is concerned that aspects of Shariah law might conflict with the U.S. Constitution, but he does not intend to criminalize practices such as the preparations for prayer or dietary rules. He said he would consider amending the bill before asking the legislature to consider it.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/02/23/20110223tennessee-anti-shariah-bill.html#ixzz1EpMzGGYn

Sounds like the usual idiocy over nothing.....They clearly plan to allow you to keep your non-violent,non-terrorist supporting parts of Sharia,just like I can keep my ins plan:silly:

Actually it sounds like a bunch of ignorant bigots wrote a horrible law and now that the press caught wind of it and the country is eager to point out how mind blowingly stupid the law is... they will "consider amending the bill". Sounds familiar I remember another such law that took the same path. Let me guess they just want to outlaw the parts of sharia law that are already illegal right? I'm detecting a new strategy in the works here.

So should they take hate crime legislation off the books? Gays and minorities are going to get assaulted and killed by those who do not like them anyway so whats the point?

1 - Yes we should but not for you're horrible reasons. The law is being (surprise) applied wrongly by government lawyers.

2 - Hate crime legislation comes from the fact that hate crimes terrorize a community of people in ways regular crimes do not. If there is a murder in your neighborhood Navy Dave it would not have the same impact as a murder in which the victims were black and the murder left "the rest of you *n word* are next if you don't leave immediately". The effect of real hate crimes is greater than the crime without the hate aspect. Sadly it's being applied anywhere a DA thinks it can stick so refer to point 1.

Uh, no. Those laws are for the punishment of the killers.

But it never stopped the killing, now did it? Would we like to pretend that hate crime legislation has stopped racial violence or gay bashing?

Look man, murder is against the law.

How many people do you think will be murdered tonight nationwide? Do you think any god-fearing gangbanger is going to give a damn that murder is illegal when he walks up and puts a bullet in a rival gang member's head?

Prisons are FULL of people of all religions. And they are there because the law did not stop them from doing what they did until after they already did it and they were captured.

Simple fact. Laws do not deter killers from killing. they never have.

Passing this idiotic law won't stop a single honor killing. If a muslim wants to honor kill his sister, he's not going to be deterred by any law. And if he WOULD be deterred, it won't be because Sharia is outlawed, it's because killing is outlawed, or he has morals beyond his anger.

~Bang

Why should I be afraid? I can pretend to assimilate, its those people without the permanent tan and addiction to bacon that should worry.

I don't know, why are you afraid?

You can pretend you're not, but when you tell us to just wait and watch people being beheaded in this country.. sounds like you're awfully frightened to me.

~Bang

1 - Yes we should but not for you're horrible reasons. The law is being (surprise) applied wrongly by government lawyers.

2 - Hate crime legislation comes from the fact that hate crimes terrorize a community of people in ways regular crimes do not. If there is a murder in your neighborhood Navy Dave it would not have the same impact as a murder in which the victims were black and the murder left "the rest of you *n word* are next if you don't leave immediately". The effect of real hate crimes is greater than the crime without the hate aspect. Sadly it's being applied anywhere a DA thinks it can stick so refer to point 1.

Good answer and I agree. Very well thought out. (darn it now its really going to get cold) :D

My neighborhood is mixed Hablas, asians, whites, blacks even people from Jersey and West Virginia as well as the original beanpie dude from back in the day who had a bakery on MLK avenue (I made profits on those when I resold them in Norfolk)

Archived