Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BABE DRAFT 2011 Discussion and Trash talk thread - Switchgear has taken over

Forehead

Friends, Americans, Skins Fans (and tolerated visitors). Lend me your ears, or more specifically, your eyes. For we have approached a dead period in the sporting calendar. Football is over, and with no CBA in place, who knows what is going on there. Spring training has not started yet. Basketball and hockey are in late season, the playoff still a ways away, and the fates or both Washington teams are pretty much decided at this point.

What shall entertain us from this day to that, during this dead period? Shall PCS show us pictures of the wilderness from his isolated fortress? Shall MTH regale us in his never-ending quest for the perfect burger? Shall TK don the Princess Leia gold bikini and dance for us? These ideas are all worthy, but I have something else in mind.

I think it's time for Babe Draft 2011, this seems like the right time to do it, leading to a finals matchup sometime around the actual NFL Draft. This is a contest I have run in the past, you may look here for an example of how I usually set things up.

I did not run this contest last year, but since I finished my MBA this past December, I no longer have to worry about that distraction. Now of course, I have a nine-month old daughter, but she doesn't sleep at night, so I need to do something during my break/lunchtime at work to keep me from falling asleep on the job. This seems like a most noble cause indeed, and a burden I must bear.

Now then, in keeping with the spirit of past drafts, I will open up this thread for a discussion of categories. Let's not devolve this into any sort of arguing, Christ knows we've had way too much of it in the past, arguing about how old pictures are and such. There is nothing on the line here except pride, not even a special avatar, and we're supposed to be celebrating the beauty of women most of us could never hope to attain.

I will open the contest to 32 people to start, in the spirit of having it be tournament style. As with past precedent, if there is enough interest, we can bump it up to something like 40, which would mean teams 25-40 would be involved in play-in games with each other for the right to enter the field of 32. If there is significant interest, we can make it a 64 team field, but I do not anticipate that.

Further, it is my policy to give priority to known Tailgate commodities over newer folks I don't recognize. This may seem unfair, but I don't have the time or the inclination to PM people repeatedly, harassing them to make picks, submit pictures, etc. Build yourself up a reputation for being on the boards frequently and enter next year. Someone like Predicto is getting the nod over SkinsFan2326756 who joined in December of 2010, unless you can make a really good case for yourself.

Lastly, do not post pictures in this thread. DO NOT DO IT. I am firmly against the idea of "You should have picked xxx" type posts. Giving away someone else's potential sleeper picks, etc will not be tolerated, and I will remove you from the tournament and give your spot to someone else if there are repeated violations of this rule.

With that being said, let's enjoy ourselves gentlemen (and the ladies who wish to participate)

Sign-Ups:

1. Forehead

2. D'Pablo

3. Slacky McSlackass

4. Skinsfan2k

5. Pick6

6. Rdskn4lyf21

7. lovetoaster

8. UNC-Skins

9. Hubbs

10. Titaw

11. Heidenreich

12. styx491

13. Toe Jam

14. Mr. Sinister

15. ACW

16. fullnelson9999

17. GoSkins561

18. skinsfan07

19. sticksboi05

20. The Sir

21. Vilandil Tasardur

22. stoney26

23. royallypwned

24. Predicto

*25. hp703

*26. ECU-ALUM

*27. Grizz

*28. Califan007

*29. Hero21

*30. switchgear

*31. Reic

*32. skinswillwin06

*May be required to have a playin game, pending interest.

Good call, but who would be the judge of who would be condsidered "athletic"? Are we talking legitimate athletes, or just women that look athletic?

And by the way, I'm in.

There will be no athlete category this year. There were too many arguments concerning WWE Divas and other fringe activites (hot pool players, hot bowlers, whatever) to make me consider reopening that can of worms.

---------- Post added February-22nd-2011 at 12:53 PM ----------

I'll join if you are desperate for people - I am just tired of losing to inferior teams because of name recognition...people dont even look at the pics

This is supposed to be more about fun and less about winning, but your frustration is understandable. Maybe we should have a "Girls of MySpace" category that would eliminate such things. :ols:

If you choose to officially write "I'm in" then let me know.

I'm in. And I say we have one category of women strictly from Sudan. :silly:

In all seriousness, I'd say news anchors/reporters/news hosts of some sort might be a good one.

I'm in & I'm going to make it past round 1 this year. That certainly means no drafting Pink :ols:

What, you drafted Pink before? But... but, why? :ols:

---------- Post added February-22nd-2011 at 12:59 PM ----------

I'll join if you are desperate for people - I am just tired of losing to inferior teams because of name recognition...people dont even look at the pics

s19567_wahmbulance.jpg

:pfft:

In all seriousness, if it's a factor then it's a factor for everyone. Gotta figure out how the winning teams were picked.

I've watched this for years and it's time, I'm in.

I like the idea of a relatively unknown category, a butterface category, and traditional celeb. beauty category.

- relatively unknown is like the "girls of Myspace" idea, but it may travel down the "creepy" road because some chicks that are unearthed in that process may not be of an appropriate age so I don't know if this is a good idea

- butterface category would be great, we would only say the name in the draft, in the competition rounds we post pics with blacked out faces.

- traditional celeb. beauty is ANY chick is up for grabs

- relatively unknown is like the "girls of Myspace" idea, but it may travel down the "creepy" road because some chicks that are unearthed in that process may not be of an appropriate age so I don't know if this is a good idea

I don't know if randomly putting together a big thread full of pictures of random girls nobody knows is a good idea.

- butterface category would be great, we would only say the name in the draft, in the competition rounds we post pics with blacked out faces.

This is actually a brilliant way of doing that. I read the butterface suggestion and thought, "Okay, so how do you figure out who meets the butterface standard? That would only up more bickering." But if you just black out the face entirely, it isn't a problem.

A few quick things. While you are not posting pictures, don't you think a few of you might be violating the rules by discussing potential picks? Something to thing about.

And we can't do a butterface category; it's too subjective. For instance, I could pick Angelina Jolie for that category and claim I think she has an ugly face. Most people will disagree, maybe a few will agree, and then what? A vote to determine whether she qualifies? It'll make things drag...we ran into that problem with the athlete category. If there is any interpretation possible, rest assured someone on this board will open the can of worms.

The age categories (29 and under, 30 and over) have always been good staples to build off of. It's just finding one or two other categories to round out the competition.

Archived