Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You might be a Homer if...

tonyriggins

if you think that if we JUST could have hung on to that lead against Houston, and we JUST would have handled our business against St Louis and Detroit, then we WOULD have beaten NY in Week 17, and been good enough to watch us play tomorrow...

...so what, homer until I'm dead & gone....or maybe delusional, but it is what it is...

Hail.

if you get excited at any point during this offseason ...

And there you have it lol :yes:...

if your mom named you Homer.

Your wife has blue hair...

---------- Post added February-5th-2011 at 09:57 AM ----------

if you think that if we JUST could have hung on to that lead against Houston, and we JUST would have handled our business against St Louis and Detroit, then we WOULD have beaten NY in Week 17, and been good enough to watch us play tomorrow...

...so what, homer until I'm dead & gone....or maybe delusional, but it is what it is...

Hail.

I actually like being a homer :yes:...

you think Dan Snyder is a good owner.

God damnit. A not-so creative shot at the owner, on a board full of posts about the owner. On top of that, your sig is a not-so creative shot at the team. That sig is the kind of thing I would like to say about the Cowboys, wtf.

Speaking of the Cowboys, we bash Jerry Jones for how involved he is in everything, yet here we are, making Dan the most prominent thing about the team right now. After years of begging him to be not involved, here we are involving him.

I don't care if it's the offseason, and I know Dan is bringing this on himself, but this post wasn't necessary, and I just really wish the board wasn't FULL of this Dan stuff.

I'd rather have faith in my team and feel that excitement that I have as soon as training camp rolls around than being vindictive of this team 365 days a year. Seriously, who wants to live life that way? If all you do is criticize every single tiny thing about the team you supposedly love, then IMO you should jump on another team's bandwagon. I wear a Redskins hat almost everyday and my friends ask why I still wear it. That I should have taken it off months ago. But I LOVE my team. Its part of my identity. Sure we have a bad owner, a disgruntled defensive tackle, a shamed QB we traded 2 picks for, a flip-floppy coach. But the Redskins mean so much more than that. I'm proud to wear the burgundy and gold. There's no place in the world I'd rather be on sunday during football season than FedEx Field, Section 135 Row 6. If that makes me a homer, AWESOME. Hail to the Washington Redskins!

I'd rather have faith in my team and feel that excitement that I have as soon as training camp rolls around than being vindictive of this team 365 days a year. Seriously, who wants to live life that way? If all you do is criticize every single tiny thing about the team you supposedly love, then IMO you should jump on another team's bandwagon. I wear a Redskins hat almost everyday and my friends ask why I still wear it. That I should have taken it off months ago. But I LOVE my team. Its part of my identity. Sure we have a bad owner, a disgruntled defensive tackle, a shamed QB we traded 2 picks for, a flip-floppy coach. But the Redskins mean so much more than that. I'm proud to wear the burgundy and gold. There's no place in the world I'd rather be on sunday during football season than FedEx Field, Section 135 Row 6. If that makes me a homer, AWESOME. Hail to the Washington Redskins!

There ya go :applause: :cheers:

In my eyes, you're a homer if you're still a fan of this team...personally, I'm over it. I root for my college team and my fantasy team. This was the last straw for me.

Gotta admit I've had similar feelings. It takes a REALLY bad guy for me to even entertain this thought. But I've got way too much invested in the Redskins for me to bail now. Once this dies down and the draft talk heats up I'll get sucked in again as I always do.

I'll never quit on this team. But Daniel Snyder has made it very hard to wear the B&G with any sort of pride.

Why start with the mid 80s?

What about the late 1800s when pro sports began in the US with barnstorming baseball clubs, boxing matches, and horse racing?

I think at that point the balance tipped between those that purchased teams because they loved the sport and wanted to be near it WHILE making money to those that just wanted to make money. Don't get me wrong, there are still owners that love their team and invest back in the product (Cuban in the NBA comes to mind), but the vast majority of owners that have purchased over the past 25-30 years seem to be more about maximizing revenue then they do about winning.

In my eyes, you're a homer if you're still a fan of this team...personally, I'm over it. I root for my college team and my fantasy team. This was the last straw for me.

Just curious---will this be your last post here in the Stadium?

If you think CP is still a stud and has gas in the tank.

If you think Sellers is awesome

If you think LA is a decent LBer

If you think Hasslet is a good DC

---------- Post added February-5th-2011 at 06:34 PM ----------

But when your horrible, as a fan your going to criticize when your bad, if you dont, you are a homer. If you buy and spend thousands on tickets/merchadice,etc when they're horrible then I guess your a homer.............YES, you are a homer. Id rather wipe my *** with my money and flush it then give to that bonehead

Im a homer then because I just watched Jack Kent Cooke say and do the same thing that we have damned Snyder for doing. He said he would have spent how ever much he needed to bring in Doug Williams as a back up QB, and not even the starter, because he wanted to win so bad. Nobody said a word about Mr Cooke spending money because he got his Lombardi's and Danny hasn't yet.

Sure Danny has started all wrong and spent way more on players just as old, but at least he spends the money and tries so hard to give us another world champion, and it took many years but now he seems to finally have it right by trusting his staff to build, coach and run his team.

Sooner or later because Snyder is such a fan he does all he can to get a winning team, he will end up with his Lombardi. Then all will be forgiven and forgotten and a new dynasty will beginning Washington, and all the young fans will know how it feels to watch our beloved Redskins holding up that trophy and being named "World Champions"!!!

Now there's a homer :ols:

The difference between Cooke & Snyder is that Cooke spent money on players that the GM & coaches wanted & didn't try to run the football operations. Snyder thanks that he knows how to run a team & alot of times pays big money to players & coaches that he shouldn't have. Some notable examples are firing Marty to hire Spurrier, Jim Zorn, Deion Sanders, AH, McNabb.

Good grief, what a bunch of ******* crybabies. I don't cheer for the team because I'm a fan of the owner, get over it and nut up.

I love this team and if the a racist like George Marshall owned it and you were a fan knowing that, then Dan Snyder's business habits shouldn't sway you one bit.

I'd find some reason to cheer for the Skins even if Darth Vader, Hannibal Lecter, or Jerry Jones (God forbid) owned it.

Go put your diapers back on and stop ******* yourselves.

Oh, and in the spirit of the thread (the OP's original intent anyway, however poor his judgement is), You might be a homer if you have bought at least 20 remote controls or telephones in the last 20 years, since you've broken at least that many watching games.

Archived