Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

db: Gibbs: America Will Not Take Sides in Egypt

JMS

http://codepink.org/article.php?id=5682

CODEPINK Peace Activists Join Egyptians on the Ground in Cairo

Human rights activists from the organization CODEPINK joined Egyptian protesters this week in Cairo as perhaps the only international solidarity delegation on the ground in the country. They have been in the streets with the Egyptian people for the last five days. Several members of the group of nine activists are available by phone for interviews this week. Tomorrow the delegation plans to do a solidarity action at the US Embassy. Medea Benjamin, a leader of the delegation and co-founder of CODEPINK Women for Peace, is currently available by cell phone in Cairo at 011 20-107148431.

The activists report that Egyptians have been excited to see their message of solidarity from the American people. Many Egyptian protesters are carrying signs that say "My address is Tahrir square until Mubarak leaves" and they are holding firm. The activists also report that many Egyptian youth seem ecstatic that President Obama has acknowledged their voice in Egypt's political affairs but they want him to put more pressure on Mubarak to step down. Women are in the streets and have played a major role in the grassroots movement for democracy in Egypt. Today, as violence towards peaceful demonstrators escalates, the activists said rumors have circulated that the pro-Mubarak agitators are paid supporters of the dictator.

The international CODEPINK delegation had been en route to Gaza via Egypt but with the Rafah border closed they are unable to enter Gaza, and remain in Cairo. The activists will stay in Cairo until they can safely make their way to Gaza, where they intend to continue their delegation for peace. The delegation includes people from the US, Canada, Australia, the UK, Switzerland and India. This is CODEPINK's ninth trip to Egypt and Gaza in the past two years.

CODEPINK is calling on the President, State Department, and Congress to stop funding the Mubarak regime, which currently receives over $1.8 billion dollars in military assistance annually from the US.

I just wanted to point out that this fear of the Brotherhood is entirely unfounded specifically because I don't believe the judges or the people will allow anything other than a democracy to form. That is if Mubaraks last stand isn't successful.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 12:09 AM ----------

Strange phrase to use in regards to a group you profess there is no reason to fear....I do hope you are right,and glad you are safe

I fear it is going to get ugly

Strange phrase to use in regards to a group you profess there is no reason to fear....I do hope you are right,and glad you are safe

I fear it is going to get ugly

So do I, I fear that Mubarak is willing to do anything and thats a scary thought.

I used that phrasing because I know a lot of Egyptians aren't big fans of the Brotherhood and have been using that the past few weeks when discussing things in Egypt. I don't necessarily agree with the Muslim Brotherhood but I dont think they are radical or dangerous in any way. just another political party.

I am back in America but it is possible that the gunfire is simply to scare away looters and the army announcing its presence in neighborhoods,that made up the majority of the "gunfire" the past few nights. It certainly could be gun fights though.

Welcome back. Glad you're safe.

~Bang

Heard an interesting interview on NPR earlier today with the spokesman of the Muslim Brotherhood:

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=133443149&m=133443129

The more I read and study the more I have to agree with jypak. The Muslim Brotherhood seems like a conservative religious group (we got plenty of those here) but not a radical one. Once upon a time they were radical but that was long before I was born and long before most people on this board were born. And it seems to me that it really is something Mubarak throws out there to keep us on his side because he knows how much we fear radical Islam. And I'm also failing to see the major role they are playing in all of this.

Now if someone has something that shows recent acts of violence by the Muslim Brotherhood or evidence of a larger role in the current events in Egypt, I'd love to take a look at it. But all I've seen so far is basically just "conservative Muslim = scary."

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 12:39 AM ----------

Welcome back. Glad you're safe.

~Bang

And ditto on this.

I don't know you from a hole in the wall jypak, but I found myself wondering about you yesterday and today. Glad you'e safe man.

I do hope so

http://www.strategypage.com/on_point/20110201222645.aspx

"Militant Islamist ideology can be opposed among the Muslim masses only by Islamic counter-argumentation. We cannot contain Militant Islamist ideology but only work to marginalize, de-popularize, and erode its influence and mass appeal by identifying it as different from Islam or even from Islamist political groups."

At some point, the Militant Islamists will resort to terror and assassination in their bid to secure unrivaled power. It will take a resilient alliance of Egyptian secularists, moderate Islamists and the military to defeat them. Encouraging this alliance should be America's foremost diplomatic goal.

I hope my friend gets on one those US govt planes in an hour. I doubt she will leave her BF and friends. :(

I hope so too.

The situation has definitely changed in the past 30 or so hours, but the situation on the ground in my experience was a lot safer than what was being portrayed by the media. I can't comment on the current situation but there was definitely a different feel on the ground then what was being portrayed and reported, do you know what part of the city she is in because there is a ton of variance neighborhood to neighborhood.

I guess my point is hopefully she caught a flight but its very possible to remain safe in the city.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 12:47 AM ----------

I do hope so

http://www.strategypage.com/on_point/20110201222645.aspx

"Militant Islamist ideology can be opposed among the Muslim masses only by Islamic counter-argumentation. We cannot contain Militant Islamist ideology but only work to marginalize, de-popularize, and erode its influence and mass appeal by identifying it as different from Islam or even from Islamist political groups."

At some point, the Militant Islamists will resort to terror and assassination in their bid to secure unrivaled power. It will take a resilient alliance of Egyptian secularists, moderate Islamists and the military to defeat them. Encouraging this alliance should be America's foremost diplomatic goal.

I guess my point with the Brotherhood is they have been extremely submissive and willing to work within the system the last 2 decades to the point where they were criticized by pretty much everyone. They had plenty of opportunities to use violence or other means but they have been extremely consistent.

Also if the Egyptian people want the Brotherhood in power who are we to say no. They have done a hell of a lot more for the average citizen then the NDP has. I think for once we need to support democracy.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 12:50 AM ----------

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 12:39 AM ----------

[/color]

And ditto on this.

I don't know you from a hole in the wall jypak, but I found myself wondering about you yesterday and today. Glad you'e safe man.

Thanks for your concerns, its good to be home but it is really really difficult to watch this happen to people that I have demonstrated, camped out with, and stood in solidarity with. Feeling pretty helpless right now about the whole thing.

I guess my point is hopefully she caught a flight but its very possible to remain safe in the city.

Quite so(so far)..... my aunt I was worried over is having the time of her life there ,delighted with history being made before her eyes(she's a strange old bird)

She roams at will.

Quite so(so far)..... my aunt I was worried over is having the time of her life there ,delighted with history being made before her eyes(she's a strange old bird)

She roams at will.

It really was incredible how after Friday night things got safe real quick when people realized what was going on. You had the neighborhood watches but you also had people directing traffic and just everyone in the communities working together and looking out for each other which is pretty amazing in a city of 20 million or so. Also one of my favorite moments was watching the police being driven back from Tahrir by protesters friday might with a little old lady on the roof who was hurling insults at the police and going nuts all night. She was on the verge of tears when we showed her this video we took earlier in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69gCoIN29cU&feature=player_embedded

The Egyptian people get a lot of gruff for being apathetic but this week they showed that once the culture of fear is removed they are courageous people willing to risk everything for what they believe in. Also as a whole very very well educated on politics in my experience.

Feeling pretty helpless right now about the whole thing.

I can't imagine how you must feel right now.

I've been getting really emotional at times today watching all this go on and I don't even know anyone out there.

I also can't even guess at the mixture of fear and pride that the people down in the square must be feeling now after all they have been through there.

I hope so too.

The situation has definitely changed in the past 30 or so hours, but the situation on the ground in my experience was a lot safer than what was being portrayed by the media. I can't comment on the current situation but there was definitely a different feel on the ground then what was being portrayed and reported, do you know what part of the city she is in because there is a ton of variance neighborhood to neighborhood.

This is what I heard as well from my coworkers in Alexandria...its not as bad as the media is making it out to be, but its still dangerous in some areas.

There seems to be some new coverage on CNN International now, although I'm not seeing a lot of live footage yet.

(A couple of things being mentioned now)

Apparently Egyptian state tv has been showing cooking shows and doing everything they can to act as if nothing is happening.

Also in addition to other already mentioned attacks on reporters a newspaper office was attacked in Cairo by pro-Mubarak supporters.

BBC seems to have started their online live blog again already.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

#0654: Egypt's health minister says five people have been killed and 836 been taken to hospital as a result of the fighting in and around Tahrir Square, the epicentre of the protests, Reuters reports. Of those, 86 are still being treated. "Most of the casualties were the result of stone throwing and attacks with metal rods and sticks," says Health Minister Ahmed Samih Farid.
#0705: More from Jon Leyne: He says the military leadership seems deeply uncomfortable with what's happening - they don't want to turn on protesters but they're not willing to defy the president either.

#0726: BBC Arab affairs analyst Magdi Abdelhadi has been looking at the papers in Egypt this morning. He says the pro-government press was reporting that millions took to the streets on Wednesday to show solidarity with the government, and that Egypt can rise above "sedition". But independent and opposition papers have pictures of anti-government protesters being charged by people on horseback. They say it's clear that the government is behind the violence.
#0722: AFP reports that in Yemen there are tens of thousands of anti-government protesters out on the streets. Yemen is one of the other Arab countries that's seen protests inspired by last month's "Jasmine Revolution" in Tunisia. There have also been demonstrations in Jordan and Algeria.

WOW!

If this is true....

#0807: The BBC's Jon Leyne has been told by a retired Egyptian general that the army is losing patience. He was told that if there's more firing from pro-government groups the army is now willing to open fire on them.

#0812: The retired general talking to the BBC's Jon Leyne had been speaking in turn to tank crews in Tahrir Square. The general said he believed the military would move very soon against Mr Mubarak - possibly as soon as tomorrow. Our correspondent says it seems the army is willing now to put its lot very firmly on the side of the protesters.

We'll have to see if this is for real or not.

I have seen a lot of more army vehicles moving into the square from the few live glimpses they've shown this morning on CNN International and BBC

Reminds me of what Larry was saying earlier. lol

Uh oh:

#0839: A witness tells Reuters that pro-Mubarak groups armed with knives and sticks are heading for Tahrir Square.

I haven't seen any conformation of this yet.

So it may have just been a rumor so far.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 04:06 AM ----------

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/3/egypt-and-beyond-liveblog-the-battle-of-tahrir-square.html

0825 GMT: Jon Williams, the BBC's foreign editor, sends a message, "Journalists in Cairo locked down inside Ramses Hilton. Frontline on doorstep --- Army say pro-Mubarak supporters told to target reporters."

TAHRIR%20SQUARE%2003-02-11.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1296723077168

0850 GMT: The scene in Tahrir Square this morning:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/02/03/world/middleeast/20110203-tahrir-square-protest-diagram.html?ref=global-home

The Battle for Tahrir Square

a picture diagram of the area

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/3/egypt-and-beyond-liveblog-the-battle-of-tahrir-square.html

0928 GMT: Egyptian State TV reports that the Egyptian Prime Minister, Ahmed Shafiq, has apologised for yesterday's events and is asking for an investigation. He is calling for cameras to accompany him to the Cabinet meeting.

It is also reported that Shafiq may be meeting with opposition groups this morning.

0933 GMT: Gregg Carlstrom of Al Jazeera English reports, "Talked with several soldiers manning barricades around Tahrir [square]. Said they have orders not to allow more pro-Mubarak people near the square."

So far things seems to be rather calm this morning.

Apparently in Alexandria things are going back to normal.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 04:55 AM ----------

0940 GMT: John Rugman of Britain's Channel 4 reports, "1 journalist punched in face, another stabbed in leg by pro-Mubarak thugs in Cairo this morning. On their way to hospital now."
0945 GMT: Mohamed ElBaradei, the appointed voice for the opposition coalition, says he will not accept an offer from PM Ahmad Shafiq to talk, insisting President Mubarak must step down first.

1039 GMT: Reports that pro-Mubarak groups are trying to block anyone from bringing in food and water to Tahrir Square.

An activist sends the message, "Friend was trying to deliver medical supplies, they smashed his car and he had to turn & run away."

#1026: From the BBC's Paul Danahar in Cairo: "The pro-Mubarak protestors have been pushed back along Opera Bridge from the main entrance to Tahrir Square. The anti-Mubarak protestors have now moved forward ahead of the tanks."
#1037: More from the BBC's Paul Danahar in Cairo: "I'm watching now a group of anti-Mubarak protestors try to rescue a badly beaten pro-Mubarak man from a mob of men. They are leading him away to safety as other members of the crowd punch and kick him.
#1107: Pro and anti-Mubarak supporters are pelting each other with rocks in Cairo, Reuters reports.
I'm not really seeing that from the footage on tv....
#1119: BBC's Lyse Doucet tweets: "Large crowds still streaming into Tahrir Square but police now blocking some approaches to stop people #jan25 #egypt"
#1120: another tweet from1120the BBC's Lyse Doucet "Just met 4 doctors running to Square w bags medicine&food. Say police tried to stop them. #egypt #jan25"

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 06:26 AM ----------

And Gregg Carlstrom of Al Jazeera English: "Crowd of pro-Mubarak thugs is rampaging on a rooftop near Tahrir Square, destroying someone's camera equipment."
1105 GMT: Australian reporter Hamish Macdonald observes, "Just witnessed a foreign tv journalist being carried along the road in front of our hotel by an angry mob. not sure where to."
1110 GMT: Al Jazeera is reporting large demonstrations also in Alexandria and Mansoura, northeast of Cairo.

And from Daily News Egypt: "Mobs of people attack two of our reporters in Dokki for being 'foreigners'. We are all fine after army intervention."
1130 GMT:CNN says Yasser El Shimi, a diplomat at the Egyptian Embassy in the US, has resigned in support of the protests.
1135 GMT: Austrian journalist Peter Stefanovic reports, " Hotel security just confiscated our second camera. They don't want any crews taking them to their rooms

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 06:47 AM ----------

I wonder if the Pro Mubarak people will take out even more violence on the journalists now that they seem to be having a lot of trouble getting past the army to go at the protesters.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 06:55 AM ----------

1140: The BBC's Jim Muir in Cairo says the opposition protesters mobilised very quickly against Mubarak supporters when they began throwing rocks. He says he suspects that because of the position the army has taken up now it would be very hard for pro-Mubarak supporters to launch more large-scale attacks

#1144: Several reports now that the army is moving to push back Mubarak loyalists to prevent them from reaching the opposition protesters holed up in Tahrir Sqaure.

#1151: This from Reuters: "A witness saw an army tank turn its turret towards Mubarak loyalists who were hurling rocks at the protesters from an elevated position on a flyover. The tank then advanced towards the loyalists, accompanied by soldiers on the ground who cleared them from the flyover."

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 07:08 AM ----------

#1203: Marco Rossi, an Italian doctor living in Cairo, sent this account of his attempt to reach Tahrir square: "This morning I tried reaching Tahrir square - all entrances were blocked. They don't let doctors (or foreigners) in, and they take away food, drinks and medical supplies - in my case they tried to take my stethoscope and sphygomanometer. The situation in the nearest hospital, Kasr el Ainy, is very calm. I went there to donate blood and was told by doctors that they didn't need any because most of the injured people didn't reach the hospital. Blocking medical personnel is unacceptable under any circumstances."

On BBC tv they say they are getting reports that supporters of Mubarak are stealing supplies from people and throwing them into the Nile.

On CNN International they are saying that some medical workers hid supplies inside ambulances to get them to the protesters.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 07:17 AM ----------

#1212: US journalist Lauren E Bohn tweets: "Call from source telling us orders have been issued to arrest journos. We're staying in secure location, filing stories. #Egypt #Jan25."
#1216: The Associated Press reports that the Egyptian military has started rounding up journalists, "possibly for their own protection", after they came under attack from Mubarak supporters. An AP reporter saw a group of foreign journalists being detained by the military on a street near Tahrir Square.
#1218: Three Polish journalists covering the unrest in Cairo have been detained by police, AFP quotes Polish Television TVP as saying. Two other TVP journalists who were detained and then released said police "took all our documents, all our equipment and then destroyed our camera", before handing them over to the army who released them.

It seems that the anti-Mubarak protesters are making charges and throwing rocks in some cases at the supporters to try to gain back ground, but the soldiers are trying to push them back too. At the moment there are not very many pro mubarak people out there, according to CNN.

I think they've probably gone elsewhere after not having much luck getting in past the army.

#1231: The BBC's Wyre Davis in Alexandria tells us: "It's getting increasingly difficult to work as a foreign journalist here in Alexandria - there's anger and tension from all sides, not just with the political crisis but also because of the worsening economic situation here. Twice in the last couple of days we have been attacked and driven off by angry locals while trying to film in the streets of Alexandria."
#1236: The BBC's John Simpson in Tahrir Square points out: "Yesterday tanks were pointing their guns inwards towards anti-Mubarak protesters - now they have turned the guns away towards the pro-Mubarak camp. I suspect that may be significant."
#1239: The BBC's Paul Danahar in Tahrir Square says: "There is a massive exchange of stone-throwing going on in front of me. Rocks are landing just a few yards away from me. A man has just been led past with blood running from his head. The crowd are chanting and banging drums."
#1242: There are lots of tweets about journalists being under attack close to Tahrir Square - such as Tristan Redman who tweets: "Reports that an #alarabiya crew is under attack next to state TV building. Al Arabiya is appealing on air for help from military #egypt"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/03/egypt-army-moves-in-as-pr_n_817935.html#399_new-clashes-government-reportedly-allows-protesters-to-pass

AP reports:

CAIRO – New clashes are heating up again and shots are being fired in the air around Cairo's central Tahrir Square as anti-government protesters push back regime supporters.

The two sides are trading volleys of stone-throwing, but government backers are falling back and protesters are swarming onto a highway overpass from which their rivals had pelted them with stones and firebombs overnight.

Soldiers, who earlier Thursday had separated the two sides and pushed back the pro-government side in an effort to stop the violence, appeared to be allowing the protesters to advance without stopping them. Gunshots, apparently being fired in the air, were heard, but it was not clear who was firing them.

On CNN they're showing the two sides talking to each other in some places and getting along ok, in other places rocks are still being thrown. And I saw a video on cnn of a van running lots of people over. Not sure what that was about.

#1252: AFP quotes the official Egyptian Mena news agency as saying that Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq has declared he is ready to go to Tahrir Square to talk to protesters

American University in Cairo Professor Hamam Iman has been intercepted and assaulted in her car on the way to Tahrir Square.
Prominent on-line activist "Sandmonkey" has been arrested.
Senior reporter Shahira Amin from State-run Nile TV has resigned and joined the anti-Mubarak protesters at Tahrir Square. Outlining threats and intimidations by the regime against Al Jazeera, she says she does not want to be part of the regime's propaganda
Al Jazeera reports that two of its reporters have been attacked on their way from the airport to central Cairo.

(time for another nap, lol)

#1328: Reuters journalist Simon Hanna tweets: Gang of thugs stormed the VideoCairo/Reuters building,started smashing windows+doors,army came up to help.we managed to escape #egypt #jan25
#1330: US Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs Philip J Crowley tweets: "There is a concerted campaign to intimidate international journalists in #Cairo and interfere with their reporting. We condemn such actions." - confirming the earlier Reuters report
#1334: Ahmed Rasheed in Cairo tells the BBC: "Two of my friends have been arrested - one is the blogger Sandmonkey. They were trying to get food and medical supplies. These thugs [supporters of Mubarak] are arresting people and delivering them to the secret police. I was at the protest last night and I got injured after a stone was thrown at my head. I'm going to go back today and get food and medical supplies, if I don't get arrested." Sandmonkey's blog appears to have been suspended.

It looks really crowded in Tarir Square right now.

It seems like most of the violence has settled down.

Jim Muir of BBC is saying there's around 50'000 protesters in there and the place is well barricaded against pro Mubarak supporters.

#1414: More reports from the prime minister's press conference, courtesy of AFP: He says the ex-minister of the interior will be subject to an investigation; the government doesn't have enough police to guarantee security across the country; and the protesters won't achieve anything by staying in Tahrir Square.

#1418: State TV reports that former ministers won't be allowed to leave the country.

#1419: Al-Alam correspondent: "Premises of satellite channels, including al-Alam TV channel office, evacuated in Cairo following a threat to set in on fire."

On Al Jazera English, the reporters sound pretty scared of the thugs running around still. They had to leave the square area to find safety.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 09:27 AM ----------

The former minister of the interior is being interrogated now and his assets have been frozen, so have the assets of some of Mubarak's richest allies and they have had their rights to travel frozen.

The minister of interior supposedly took the police off the streets on Friday.

(from listening to Al Jazera English)

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 09:32 AM ----------

[/color]

#1425: Egyptian state news agency reports that those former ministers prevented from leaving the country include ex-interior minister Habib al-Adly, former housing minister Ahmed el-Maghrabi and former tourism minister Zuhair Garana.
#1445: State TV reports that another of those banned from leaving the country is Ahmed Ezz, former member of the National Democratic Party and billionaire businessman. Bank accounts have also been frozen.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

From watching CNN International for a bit:

The military seems to have vanished from Tarir Square right now and there is some scuffling going on around the streets and overpasses and bridges outside Tarir Square.

---------- Post added February-3rd-2011 at 09:54 AM ----------

#1448: State TV also quoting Vice-President Suleiman as saying those responsible for Wednesday's violence will be held accoutable. And that neither Hosni Mubarak nor his son will run for the presidency.

#1450: Shahira Amin, was until yesterday a journalist with the state-run Egyptian channel, Nile TV. She told the BBC World Service that she had to leave her job because she no longer felt able to report the state view when what she saw on the street was so different: "We were basically showing the pro-Mubarak rallies all day long, as if that was the only thing that was happening. I couldn't show what was happening here in Tahrir. I couldn't even report the figures as they were. So no thank you. I feel liberated."

Apparently a lot of supplies are being stored at a mosque nearby and they are also housing injured protesters there.

They have also formed a lot of committees in the square and seem to have things well organized, from what the reporter on Al Jazera is saying.

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/3/egypt-latest-live-coverage-from-al-jazeera-english.html

Here are some pics from the first day (the 25th) of protests. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post them and I ll move them if not. Still working on the rest of the week.

1Yupi.jpg?1666

First protest police tried to bottleneck/block them off by the Ramsis bus station but they broke through while chanting horreya (freedom) to push towards Tahrir square

AVFJ5.jpg?6591

YqIk9.jpg?3254

1rjBp.jpg?4397

Police decided to send a water cannon into a peaceful crowd which set off everything else for the 25th

q1jSZ.jpg?1476

Protester taking control of the water cannon and undercover police trying to get him off

5VN1t.jpg?3035

After he was thrown from the top the crowd carried him to safety

Then he was carried off to the chants of hero

iYqiR.jpg?1404

Riot police in good spirits before tear gassing everyone, I asked him for a picture and he flashed a grin as they were holding the line

T597X.jpg?3446

Here comes the tear gas

xrvFb.jpg?2199

e38ey.jpg?1404

I have a bunch more pics/videos if you guys want them, these are just a couple from the first day.

Amazing pictures, Jpyaks3!

You might want to resize them though, if you can.

-----

Right now the state tv reporter who quit is on CNN International talking about how she's been visiting the protesters and that people in the state media need to tell the truth and stand up for their convictions.

---------

#1516: AFP citing witnesses saying a supermarket on the outskirts of Cairo is on fire.
#1518: Ashraf Khalil tweets: "Huge plumes of smoke coming from up the river past national archives. Hard to tell but could be Arcadia mall."
#1512: A very significant announcement reported by AFP from Algeria, too. President Abdelaziz Bouteflika says the state of emergency that's been in place will be lifted "in the very near future".

Amazing pictures, Jpyaks3!

You might want to resize them though, if you can.

-----

Right now the state tv reporter who quit is on CNN International talking about how she's been visiting the protesters and that people in the state media need to tell the truth and stand up for their convictions.

Sorry resizing now, just slipped my mind.

Archived