Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Idol 2011

GoSkins561

I think this is the most talented top 10(13) that the show has had. There are a legit 4 or 5 that could go commercial in their respective genres. It will be interesting to see who can keep it together on the big stage and when genres change.

I think all the girls are pretty versatile (except maybe for country music?) but I think Scotty is going to be screwed if he has to sing pop at some point. He's going to be a country recording artist, but he isn't going to win this competition because he has a very small comfort zone.

That being said, Casey is my dude. Personality, voice, stage presence all ridiculously good.

Ummm, bad move singing in Spanish, unless she us just pandering the Latino vote.

The judges didn't think so. I didn't think it was anything special though. At best, that was the 4th best performance of the night. The last 3 girls that went were all pretty amazing.

---------- Post added March-6th-2011 at 09:13 PM ----------

I think the talent pool is pretty deep this year, amongst others, that dude that sings gospel is super talented.

If you're talking about Jacob Lusk, I agree. Although I think he's a funny one (not that there's anything wrong with that). And I have no doubt that Little Carrot Top is one.

---------- Post added March-6th-2011 at 09:15 PM ----------

JLo and Tyler are just a couple of cheerleaders....

I agree. This could get annoying if it continues all season. Randy is the only one telling it like it is. I mean, I'm sorry, but that Rachel Evita girl was TERRIBLE. So was that Julie girl. But the Julie girl does have talent. She just picked the wrong song, imo.

---------- Post added March-6th-2011 at 09:16 PM ----------

^ totally agree. It's obvious that Randy now has to be the "bad guy" since Simon has left. He even took Simon's end chair LOL.

Randy is the new Simon. (the straight shooter, tells it how it is)

J-Lo is the new Paula (but with a phatter butt :) )

Steven is the new Randy (just a cool guy that says a lot of weird things)

A couple of those chicks have some smoking hot bodies. MY GAWD.

I agree with all this. Especially that last part. Some hotties, for sure.

---------- Post added March-6th-2011 at 09:18 PM ----------

I agree...however at this stage, it really doesn't matter anymore. Once America starts voting, the judges are just there to give feedback. That last girl who sang is gorgeous.

Yeah, Pia. I agree. We have a Pia and a Thia Meghia. lol Both of those 15 year olds are really good.

Just finished watching tonight's show. I think they are all incredibly talented. EASILY the most talented top group in the history of the show. I think the only thing that's going to separate the contestants from each other this year (because they all can sing in their own way) is a poor song choice or bad arrangement this season. I don't think anybody is going to survive having one or the other happen. The group is just too good.

With that said, my favorites right now are Casey, Pia, Jacob, and James. Pia has smoked her last two performances, and she's smoking hot. Casey has just ridiculous overall talent, and of course I dig James. Jacob is seriously like another level R & B singer. I could see any one of them winning the show.

Big fan of Haley and Pia. Fantastic.

They sing okay too.

Yeah dude, I echo this. Haley is fine. Pia is gorgeous. Pia can actually sing, too.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 01:36 AM ----------

Thank God they got rid of that one "guy." Can you guess which one I'm referring to?

Little Carrot Top? Yeah, if that's who you're referring to, he was annoying as hell. Tired of the guy hugging on everyone. Dude is so ghey (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I think this is the most talented top 10(13) that the show has had. There are a legit 4 or 5 that could go commercial in their respective genres. It will be interesting to see who can keep it together on the big stage and when genres change.

Yeah, and it appears that America got it right. I didn't have a problem with any of the choices, really.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 01:39 AM ----------

yes

That Julie girl could actually sing pretty well. But she picked a bad song that night. She totally sucked at that Kelly Clarkson tune. It was hard to watch.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 01:40 AM ----------

she may be the hottest girl ever to perform on American Idol....maybe Sanjaya's (SP) sister

Dude, not even close. Hell, there was a chic on there a few years ago that was incredibly hot. I thought Julie was nice. But trust me, not even close to hottest ever on the show.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 01:42 AM ----------

This season has a LOT of talent but

James Durbin is extremely talented, hopefully the fandom doesn't get to his head.

He's ok. I don't get all the buzz over him, quite frankly. But I haven't watched tonite's show yet. As much as I hate to say it, he's not even close to being on Adam Lambert's level.

He [James Durbin] is ok. I don't get all the buzz over him, quite frankly. But I haven't watched tonite's show yet. As much as I hate to say it, he's not even close to being on Adam Lambert's level.

Watch last night's program. He sang McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed" and combined his rocker screams with pitch perfect soft crooning. I thought he was kind of a One-Trick-Charlie before, but he showed range and control I didn't know he had. It was impressive.

Originally Posted by Bubble Screen

He [James Durbin] is ok. I don't get all the buzz over him, quite frankly. But I haven't watched tonite's show yet. As much as I hate to say it, he's not even close to being on Adam Lambert's level.

Watch last night's program. He sang McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed" and combined his rocker screams with pitch perfect soft crooning. I thought he was kind of a One-Trick-Charlie before, but he showed range and control I didn't know he had. It was impressive.

I agree Dan, I said the same to my wife. If he continues I think he surpassed Lambert last night for an out of the box AI competitor. I also still think that the show this year is the best as for the talent. I think one of the girls go, just not sure which one.

I told my wife the exact same thing. I thought he was going to do that yell/scream in every single song like the dude a couple years ago...but he was controlled and sang perfectly last night. I went from just liking his story but being slightly annoyed by his singing to really being impressed by him. I don't vote, but I would have voted for him despite wanting to look at Pia and Haley for as long as possible.

To me the girls are lackluster except for Pia. The rest are good, but not great. She's got a great voice. Now the guys there are 3 or 4 great characters in there.

I honestly think the one thing that makes this group much better is who is working with them behind the scenes. Having the Interscope people and Livine (sp?), Don Was, and all the others there helping out the contestants is much better than the celebrity crap they've have the last couple years like Jamiee Fox.

• 3 weeks later...
Pia is my favorite so far w/ Casey at #2. But I agree, this is a very talented top 13 compared to other years.

She's good. But she's probably not gonna win it all. All she sings is ballads. The judges finally called her on it last night. And Casey was nearly a goner this week. He shouldn't have been the lowest voted on though. Not even close. That Thia girl should have been. Reggae girl needs to go, too. She's not that good. And Haley will go soon as well.

---------- Post added March-26th-2011 at 06:29 PM ----------

To me the girls are lackluster except for Pia. The rest are good, but not great. She's got a great voice. Now the guys there are 3 or 4 great characters in there.

I honestly think the one thing that makes this group much better is who is working with them behind the scenes. Having the Interscope people and Livine (sp?), Don Was, and all the others there helping out the contestants is much better than the celebrity crap they've have the last couple years like Jamiee Fox.

Yeah, I hated when the celebs were guiding them. That was horrible. Fox can't even sing a lick. He had no business mentoring anyone.

*bump

So glad that Naima is gone. She sucked. Not sure how she even made the top 24.

That Casey Abrams guy last week was such a drama king. He acted like he had seen a ghost or something. Lame. And speaking of Abrams. Read a story this week that he and Hailey Reinhardt possibly have something going on. That's disgusting. She's pretty fine. Have no idea what she could possibly see in the guy.

*bump

So glad that Naima is gone. She sucked. Not sure how she even made the top 24.

That Casey Abrams guy last week was such a drama king. He acted like he had seen a ghost or something. Lame. And speaking of Abrams. Read a story this week that he and Hailey Reinhardt possibly have something going on. That's disgusting. She's pretty fine. Have no idea what she could possibly see in the guy.

Haley is gorgeous. Don't worry, I'll take out Casey.

So, uhm... Spoiler if you haven't watched the results show yet (it's ninja'ed. Highlight to see)...

Pia is gone? SERIOUSLY!? I didn't watch the show. Read the results. PIA!? GONE!? And they wasted their gd save on that talentless (okay, so that's an overreaction. He has talent. But not enough to warrant the save.) hack Casey? More of a reason for me to take him out.

I hope Haley is at least 18 because I think she's fun to look at. She's gained some confidence and she's rising fast also.

Pia shouldn't be gone, but she was getting boring. Again, I admit that she's a great singer, but I'm not shocked she didn't get a lot of votes. Too bad, she was also fun to look at.

As for the rest of them...Stefano and Lauren need to go soon. The country-singing guy won't last too much longer and I think Jacob is in trouble too.

I hope Haley is at least 18 because I think she's fun to look at. She's gained some confidence and she's rising fast also.

Pia shouldn't be gone, but she was getting boring. Again, I admit that she's a great singer, but I'm not shocked she didn't get a lot of votes. Too bad, she was also fun to look at.

As for the rest of them...Stefano and Lauren need to go soon. The country-singing guy won't last too much longer and I think Jacob is in trouble too.

I disagree about Lauren. She's a sweet young kid with a great country voice and an infectious southern personality. Country Scotty gets on my nerves though. Here's why. I hate how he tilts his head and holds the microphone kinda sideways between his tented hands. It just irks me for some reason. Grab the ****ing microphone you deep voiced country *****!

And surprisingly for me Casey's starting to wear thin for me, though with his CCR cover and the stand-up bass he redeemed himself some this week.

James Durbin has been amazing. He'll have Daughtry-like success.

And surprisingly for me Casey's starting to wear thin for me, though with his CCR cover and the stand-up bass he redeemed himself some this week.

James Durbin has been amazing. He'll have Daughtry-like success.

Same thing for me. A couple weeks ago I hated James and loved Casey. I don't like the shrieking like a rock star thing that the weird guy did in every song last year and I feared James would do that. He's done much more with his opportunities in my opinion. Casey is good and the type of contestant that I typically like, but I'm also getting fed up (despite the strong CCR performance).

I really don't love anyone this year though so that's part of my problem. Maybe I'm tiring of the show (the judges don't help).

Archived