Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Idol 2011

GoSkins561

The show is wak now they let everyone and there momma in, simon made the show good by keeping it real he didn't sugar coat nada.

I don't really agree with this. Granted, I thought the show would fall flat on its face this year without Simon. But I've been pleasantly surprised. Actually, it might have more credibility now. Tyler, JLo, and Randy all have experience in the industry and are credible. Each show this year seems to have gotten better and better. I'm amazed at all of the 15 year old talent so far. And I'll add, Idol is one show you have to keep up with. By that, you have to watch every show to truly appreciate it. Trust me, I used to hate on it back in the day, myself.:)

I don't really agree with this. Granted, I thought the show would fall flat on its face this year without Simon. But I've been pleasantly surprised. Actually, it might have more credibility now. Tyler, JLo, and Randy all have experience in the industry and are credible. Each show this year seems to have gotten better and better. I'm amazed at all of the 15 year old talent so far. And I'll add, Idol is one show you have to keep up with. By that, you have to watch every show to truly appreciate it. Trust me, I used to hate on it back in the day, myself.:)

I just dont like how the contestant can beg for a bit when they can't sing all to well and the judges feel sorry for them and let them in ya know. I think I heard somewhere this is the first year were so many people went to HW. I just liked Simon cause he said no and didn't care; super funny when they get upset.

^^^ None of them are amazing singers. Regardless of their hits.

Ever heard of Carrie Underwood?

---------- Post added January-30th-2011 at 06:09 PM ----------

I just dont like how the contestant can beg for a bit when they can't sing all to well and the judges feel sorry for them and let them in ya know. I think I heard somewhere this is the first year were so many people went to HW. I just liked Simon cause he said no and didn't care; super funny when they get upset.

The part you're talking about doesn't really matter. Those are just the auditions. Honestly, its not a big deal who they let through to Hollywood. If you can't sing there, you're gonna get weeded out really fast. The show doesn't really get started until they get down to the top 12. But these auditions are hilarious, and oftentimes there are heart-warming/heart-wrenching stories to be told, as well.

I am talking about J-Lo, Tyler, and Jackson.

:doh:

I agree with your point about the audition phase of the show though.

Oh, you were commenting on the judges. C'mon, man, Steven Tyler isn't amazing? Seriously? Aerosmith is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Don't be a hater. I agree about the other two, though. JLo was never amazing. But she is still talented, overall.

Exactly my thoughts! Also the reasons i do not watch the show at all, I despise it. They are not even from Jersey.

In defense of Jersey Shore (ugh) the show isn't supposed to be about people from Jersey. It's supposed to be about people vacationing on the Jersey Shore. The stupidity comes in that like half of the guidos and guidettes (again, ugh) aren't even Italian.

You think Tyler is a great singer ?

I think his band is great. Like I said, one of the best of all time. No question.

---------- Post added January-30th-2011 at 08:03 PM ----------

Aerosmith rocks. Shame Steven's lowering himself by appearing on this dreck :(

Hey now!:mad:

---------- Post added January-30th-2011 at 08:06 PM ----------

Love the music.

That doesn't make him a great qualifier of talent.

EDIT: I should specify "singing talent".

That's what I'm most interesting to see, how he critiques the singers once the competition moves further along. No matter how bad he does, though, he can't possibly be a worse judge than Ellen. And that's basically who he's replacing. JLo and Kara might be a push.

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot there were actually 3 judges that were replaced this year.

In defense of Jersey Shore (ugh) the show isn't supposed to be about people from Jersey. It's supposed to be about people vacationing on the Jersey Shore. The stupidity comes in that like half of the guidos and guidettes (again, ugh) aren't even Italian.

I'm amazed people watch this stupid crap. Hell, if you're gonna watch a reality show, flip a few channels up and watch The Vanilla Ice Project on VH1.:)

---------- Post added January-30th-2011 at 08:11 PM ----------

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/02/jwoww-three-jersey-shore-castmembers-arent-italian/1

Three of them. Including the biggest damn pusher of that guidette bull****, Snooki. She's actually Hispanic.

EDIT: Three of them AREN'T.

Hispanic? lol What a ****ing fraud that show is.

I watched the first season out of curiosity. Then I watched the first three episodes of the second season until I had an epiphany and asked myself, "What the hell am I doing with my life?"

Of course I feel the exact same way about people who watch American Idol or Dancing with the Stars or whatever.

^^^ None of them are amazing singers. Regardless of their hits.

I don't even listen to any of the peeps after they graduate from AI as a matter of fact I can't stand main stream music or 95 percent of music on the radio, but to say none of them are amazing singers (edit)is Eeeeer nevermind.

I don't like Aerosmith, IMO Tyler can sing, JLO I agree with you 150 percent.

I watched the first season out of curiosity. Then I watched the first three episodes of the second season until I had an epiphany and asked myself, "What the hell am I doing with my life?"

Of course I feel the exact same way about people who watch American Idol or Dancing with the Stars or whatever.

I admit I watch AI, but I haven't seen one episode of DWTS. Even still, I can't imagine its worst than Jersey Shore. Ugh.

---------- Post added January-30th-2011 at 08:28 PM ----------

I don't even listen to any of the peeps after they graduate from AI as a matter of fact I can't stand main stream music or 95 percent of music on the radio, but to say none of them are amazing singers (edit)is Eeeeer nevermind.

I don't like Aerosmith, IMO Tyler can sing, JLO I agree with you 150 percent.

He was talking about the judges.

This is great, the show has been on 2 weeks and we only have 3 thread pages. This show along with countless other "reality entertainment contests" need to be axed. I used to watch this for the audition parts because I liked seeing total jackwads who couldn't sing, think they could. After the auditions, I never watched anymore of it in any season. I haven't watched the show in 3 years. It's time to go.

I love when people get so outrageously upset over this show because of it's success. It's funny as **** to me that they would get mad due to the fact that there are many more options on TV for people to watch yet they keep tuning into AI.

BTW, AI was number one and two last week. So judging the shows popularity based on the amount of pages on ES is funny as ****.:ols:

Ok, I never watched muc American Idol in seasons past, just when passing through the living room when my wife was watching it, as I went down to the man cave. I actually watched an episode or two with my wife this season. I think the dynamic between all three works pretty well. I also like how randy takes over for Simon in breaking the harsh truth to these people, but he does it more elegantly, and with sincerity instead of the blunt, emotionless disgust that Simon would portray. J-lo still looks beautiful, and knows what it takes for a woman to succeed in this industry, she has had more success then Paula or that other brunette chick. Steven Tyler is hillarious. Is it just me or does Steven Tyler flirt with some of these female contestants. It seems to me, (and Im probably in the minority here) he is sizing certain females up to see who he can get with, or possibly score something from. Thats just what it looks like to me anyways.

I think the new dynamic of the judges makes American Idol better, and I think Steven Tyler is hilarious with some of the things he says. This season may trump previous seasons of Idol. I think it gained viewers with the departure of Simon.

I love when people get so outrageously upset over this show because of it's success. It's funny as **** to me that they would get mad due to the fact that there are many more options on TV for people to watch yet they keep tuning into AI.

BTW, AI was number one and two last week. So judging the shows popularity based on the amount of pages on ES is funny as ****.:ols:

I was just about to post something like this!:ols:

I've watched many seasons of American Idol. I didn't watch last season and I definitely won't watch this season. Just another viewer who's jumped ship over the last few years.

I probably won't post in or check this thread any more but I figured I'd give my two cents.

Dude, you should watch this year. I had planned on not watching much this year because of Simon leaving, and thinking the show would be alot worse. But its actually surpassed my expectations...alot. The judges seem to have real good chemistry. And I'm amazed at all the solid 15 year old talent that made it to Hollywood so far. VERY good move to allow 15 year olds this year, imo.

Archived