Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Idol 2011

GoSkins561

I didn't watch tonite's show yet (have it DVR'd). I thought last week was just ok. The first night I thought was pretty boring. But then it picked up a bit the second night. The big, young teenage guy really shocked me with his voice. Wasn't expecting that. Same with the little nerdy guy with the funky hair. And I liked the girl that said "dawg" or something to Randy. That was pretty funny. JLo is smokin' hot.

I'm not expecting the show to be better than it was with Simon. But I'm gonna give it a chance, at least.

I am reluctant to say this, but I vowed to not watch this season, but my girl made me watch. I have to say it's a lot better than expected. If anyone saw that story at the end of tonight's episode, it was pretty sad, the girl was crying after it. I really do like stephen tyler, I actually like these judges better than last year's.

I am reluctant to say this, but I vowed to not watch this season, but my girl made me watch. I have to say it's a lot better than expected. If anyone saw that story at the end of tonight's episode, it was pretty sad, the girl was crying after it. I really do like stephen tyler, I actually like these judges better than last year's.

I'm in the same boat, except for being forced to watch :)

I think this group of judges is the best the show has had. I really enjoyed watching the original three go at it, but this group feels more legitimate to me.

Wait...you watch American Idol but not Jersey Shore ? Hmmm...

That's correct. I love music. And AI was great with Simon on there. Now? Well, like I said, I'm willing to give it a try with the new cast.

Jersey Shore is just ridiculous. Douchebags galore. Sorry, not into the whole guido thing. Can't believe that crap is the most watched show.

That's correct. I love music. And AI was great with Simon on there. Now? Well, like I said, I'm willing to give it a try with the new cast.

Jersey Shore is just ridiculous. Douchebags galore. Sorry, not into the whole guido thing. Can't believe that crap is the most watched show.

Exactly my thoughts! Also the reasons i do not watch the show at all, I despise it. They are not even from Jersey.

I've really enjoyed this season so far. Steven brings a whole new dimension to the show.

Really liked the black farm girl with white parents and the last audition from tonight's episode.

I like Steven a lot too. He brings some credibility from a music standpoint and even J Lo does to some degree. I don't think she's as much of a true musician as Tyler but she brings some industry experience.

Exactly my thoughts! Also the reasons i do not watch the show at all, I despise it. They are not even from Jersey.

A couple of them are, but most of them are from New York.

The farm girl and the girl at the end of the show were very good. I don't think the big guy (the one with the crazy overalls and cowboy hat) should have made it through, but who knows.

This years seems to have some very good talent, but some duds that made it through. Weird to see the 15 years olds talking about how they watched the show when they were 5...makes you feel old.

Everybody that I've talked to has been pleasantly surprised so far. Tyler and lopez have been great additions to the show. The show seems to have renewed energy and it's good to see that they are showing more good auditions than bad so far. Even Seacrest seems renergized and more relaxed this year.

We've enjoyed the show so far and let's face it. Simon's act was getting old. How many more times do we need to hear "You could possibly be the worst singer in the world," "You remind me of a singer on a cruise ship," etc?

I actually liked the broken up couple singing too. I agreed with the judges that both were good, but together they were much better. The guys voice isn't great which may hamper him, but he does have a stage persona which resonates. My wife agreed, and as we were trying to come up with a singer whose voice isn't great, but with the right songs sounds great, I said Bruce Springsteen. I would put Niel Diamond in there too. He seems a singer capable of putting himself into a song which seems a skill beyond simply being able to hit all the notes.

i couldnt watch wednesday OR thursday nights episodes. my parents and i were eating dinner on wednesday night pretty late so we went into our movie room to start american idol 25 minutes late. we are about to hear the first person sing (i think it was the lame guy with glasses who claimed he was going to kick this thing to the moon) and the power goes out for a minute. now, since we were 25 minutes late starting the episode, the part we were about to watch wouldnt be affected. the power comes back on, we fire up the tv (which takes a long time with verizon fios) and we are all set to watch the guy sing, then our power went out AGAIN. this time, it was serious. the power didnt come back on until 12:03 AM today. at least i can watch the first 25 minutes of the episode that wasnt affected by the power.

Some thoughts:

1) The new judges are completely different, but I like them...I'll always miss Simon though

2) The talent has been pretty good

3) Have there been more tear-jerking stories than usual? Good Lord!

4) Tyler is a big old softy...it's kind of cool to watch the new dynamic between the judges

I definitely agree, they are trying for the sadder stories. That one guy with his fiance was really sad.

Just watched Thursday night's episode. A few observations:

1. That Stormy chic (former Miss Teen) is unbelievably hot. Yeah, her voice is nothing special. I'm sill glad they put her through to Hollywood, though.:)

2. That last chic (the 15 year old from GA) was really good. In fact, pretty much all of the 15 year olds they've put through so far have been really good. Should be an interesting year.

3. Steven Tyler comes off creepy sometimes, by some of the things he says, facial expressions, etc.

4. JLo is incredibly sexy with her hair up.

Archived