Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: AFC / NFC Championship Games

ixcuincle

Several good games today

In Chicago, the league's oldest rivalry continues with only the 2nd meeting in the postseason between Chicago and Green Bay

Meanwhile, in Pittsburgh, the Jets find themselves in another AFC Championship game, this time against a solid Pittsburgh team

Picking Steelers and Packers to advance to the Super Bowl

Discuss this week's championship games here.

I'll go with Jets and Packers.

I don't even wanna hear about another Steelers SB team. It's over, the Jets owned you in the regular season on the same field and will do it once again. I wanna see Mr. Feet over a chance of a 7th Steelers Championship considering the last 2 have been a joke.

The Packers will have a hard time with the Bears but Rodgers currently looks like what everybody wants to remember that Montana was, except he is better, much better and much more accurate, I really don't want to see a Steelers/Bears Super Bowl, what a borefest that would be. :)

Damn you ix :cuss:

Anyway, I think the Packers will win, but I've thought they'd lose previously so picked against them, so I pick Chicago ;)

Go Rodgers; Jennings; Crosby; D/ST.

Go Forte

I think AND HOPE PIT wins, as much as I can't stand them, Rex Ryan gets on my nerves.

Go Wallace and Mendenhall.

Go Keller.

And GO NFC!!!

Cutler vs. Rodgers. I can't wait for that one. And I really don't know which way to call it. It's Bears/ Packers man. Like Redskins/ Cowboys, ANYTHING could happen. I'll sway toward Chicago being at home, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pack pulled it off.

In the lateer game, GO CLARK! GO MIS-HAM! GO EL-SIDESTEPPER! GO STEELERS! Stomp fat Rex's ass the ground and ram his words right back up said fat ass! I don't care for Pittsburgh, but man does he irk me. And I can cheer for Ryan Clark so it works out well.

Hail.

I gotta pull for underdogs, let the Jets deny Pitt a shot at another Lombardi and then implode and people sure seem to be writing Chicago off. GHH is right, this is old school NFC rivalry action in the cold, either way it should be a good'un. No matter what, the slapdown on the Pats already made this playoff cycle worthwhile.

Well I'm obviously picking the Packers in this one.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Jets win... the Packers pitched a shut-out against them earlier in the season.

Get ready for some good ol'

geordi.jpg

Am I the only one that finds it amazing that the Bears and Packers have only met once before in the playoffs, and that it was 70 years ago?

Cutler throws 4 interceptions to Tramon Williams and sneers that he would do it again. Bears fans and the sports media are baffled.

Sanchez outhustles Rapistburger, becomes the first QB to have 5 road playoff victories so quickly. Rex Ryan sends the team's used footwear to Welker's house.

I posted this in the other thread, but will repost here:

I think the Jets- Steelers game will see the Jets winning with a last second field goal: 17-16. Yes, this game will be similar to the Jets @ Colts game. My gut tells, the Jets just find a way to win.

I think the Bears- Packers game will see Green Bay winning 24-17.

I think we are in for 2 good games today.

Cutler vs. Rodgers. I can't wait for that one. And I really don't know which way to call it. It's Bears/ Packers man. Like Redskins/ Cowboys, ANYTHING could happen. I'll sway toward Chicago being at home, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pack pulled it off.

Hail.

Oh, man. This worries me. You're picking Chicago. That's like the kiss of death on their chances.

I thought Obama was on the money with his prediction: 20-17 Chicago. Now, I'm worried.

Oh, man. This worries me. You're picking Chicago. That's like the kiss of death on their chances.

I thought Obama was on the money with his prediction: 20-17 Chicago. Now, I'm worried.

:ols: But have no fear, it's all part of my cunning plan to get Jay a ring. I've sent a transcript to the Packers to lull them into a false sense of security, safe in the knowledge that the GHH jinx is in full effect.

*Retreats mumbling "Darn the old one.I'ma get him next time."

Hail.

I'll go with Jets and Packers.

I don't even wanna hear about another Steelers SB team. It's over, the Jets owned you in the regular season on the same field and will do it once again. I wanna see Mr. Feet over a chance of a 7th Steelers Championship considering the last 2 have been a joke.

The Packers will have a hard time with the Bears but Rodgers currently looks like what everybody wants to remember that Montana was, except he is better, much better and much more accurate, I really don't want to see a Steelers/Bears Super Bowl, what a borefest that would be. :)

I agree with you, I don't want to see the Steelers win either. Can't fathom why so many non-Steeler fans are rooting for them. They've won SIX rings already!

However, your comment about the Jets beating them again is ridiculous. So that's your only reasoning, that because they already beat them once they will beat them again? Funny, because the Jets got destroyed in NE during the regular season, yet just dominated them last week. Regular season results have no bearing whatsover on the playoffs. Just look at the Packers. They are a 6 seed, yet are favored today against the second-seeded Bears.

And not to pile on, but your comment about Rodgers was even worse. Rodgers, a guy playing in his first ever championship game, is already better than a hall of fame QB that won mulitple Super Bowls?...Really?

Hey man I don't really expect GB or NY to win those games considering the weather in Chicago and Sanchez being less clutch that Roethlisberger but that's still what I'm hoping for and yes Rodgers has looked better than Montana in his early years, just as capable of avoiding the rush and more accurate passing the ball. Montana had a tendency to overthrow his receivers you don't see Rodgers doing that and his passes are bullets compared to Montana's almost noodle arm.

Hard for me to predict he will have a great game today though with the wind chill being about 0 in Chicago which will make the running game and turnovers the deciding factor now and Chicago has the better running game and the crowd is on their side. I'm just hoping that Cutler does his interception thing and GB can win the turnover battle.

Hard for me to predict he will have a great game today though with the wind chill being about 0 in Chicago which will make the running game and turnovers the deciding factor now and Chicago has the better running game and the crowd is on their side. I'm just hoping that Cutler does his interception thing and GB can win the turnover battle.

Warning: profanity

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/jay-cutler-proves-naysayers-wrong-by-defeating-shi,18898/

Just arrived, I was doing some shop in the supermarket.

Jeez!!!! WTF is wrong with the fans down here??? everyone is taunting about how the Jets will be destroyed, It seems only the pukes fans and I are rooting for the Jets.

Enough with Rapeplisberger and clown Ward. I'm getting sick of this BS.

Go Jets and the Pack.

HAHA!!

"Cutler will play his first postseason game against an opponent with a winning record Sunday"

My favorite:

"I think I've demonstrated what I'm truly capable of when I'm playing to my strengths," said Cutler, who threw for two touchdowns against Seattle's godawful 27th-ranked defense and had a four-game interception streak snapped only because Seahawks safety Jordan Babineaux inexplicably muffed a pass thrown at the goal line.

Archived