Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: AFC / NFC Championship Games

ixcuincle

Ben obviously had a bad game tonight, but still was able to deliver in the clutch.

Expect him to play lights out against the Packers on the artificial turf. Last year he put up 503 yards against GB, beating the pack 37-36.

This is so stupid. Seriously, will people quit bringing this up already? Its MEANINGLESS.

To me many of these excuses are just a cop-out

The Patriots went 18-1 while "cheating" (and they got caught in the first game of the season, mind you)

The Steelers 2nd to last SB was marred by poor officiating but the one after was clean, yet the rap of "Steelers / Refs" continues to this day

The Ravens Ray Lewis incident was years ago yet trash talking about it continues to this day even though Ray Lewis never went to jail for murder and to call him a murderer is simply ignoring the trial or the result

They're just lazy excuses, and the Big Ben one is no different. I don't care if he was allegedly involved in a club. These guys are not supposed to be your role models for children. They play ball and have fun on the side. They are not all the pristine individuals we would make them out to be

So you'll never convince me why there's all this Big Ben hate, who cares? What's on the field matters. And on the field, that guy is an elusive ****er NO PUN INTENDED who can lead teams down the field

Props I say

I just think looking at the two offenses we look closer to Houston than we do Denver.

That's how the Steelers work. You see the great teams don't operate like the Skins where people need to come in and "build" a team. The team has a philosophy at that top and they hire players AND coaches that fit that philosophy. They aren't going to go find some big name to come in for 5 years max and try to put his system in place. They are going to find a coach for 10 years that already meshes well with how the team wants to do things.

I agree. And once that sort of system is in place, the role of the HC is diminished. I wish the Skins were settled and on "autopilot" so to speak. Unfortunately, chaos and a very mercenary like atmosphere have destroyed any notion of "team". The Skins got problems. Maybe Shanahan can get the players to buy in. The tradition of Redskins football is faded and tarnished, unlike the Steeler tradition. That alone is a huge edge for newcomers to that team. Winning begets winning. It's contagious.

---------- Post added January-23rd-2011 at 10:40 PM ----------

the one after was clean,

:no: Did you also forget the Dolphin's and Steeler's game this year? They were straight robbed I tells ya.

Anyone else bummed out by the new trophies?

They look like egg beaters, what happened to the old ones?

If they're gonna be that bad they should just junk them all together.

This

The old trophies were alright and then they tried to make them all modern and hip

They look like modern art abominations OH LOOK IT'S A FOOTBALL

HOW CREATIVE

This

The old trophies were alright and then they tried to make them all modern and hip

HOW CREATIVE

Yeah, it's like they're saying, "we ran out of material"

I don't even think they qualify as art.

Agree, the old ones were no prize but they were saying "the Halas Trophy" and I'm like "where is it?...wait wtf? rather have the old mini work desks."

---------- Post added January-23rd-2011 at 11:00 PM ----------

I think the guy who designed the Big Ten's logo designed the new trophies...

same guy who named the divisions?

Ben obviously had a bad game tonight, but still was able to deliver in the clutch.

Expect him to play lights out against the Packers on the artificial turf. Last year he put up 503 yards against GB, beating the pack 37-36.

Last year, the Packers looked a bit different on defense when we played Pitt. We had lost Al Harris, Pat Lee, and I believe Brandon Underwood as well, i think, leaving us with Jarrett Bush and Josh Bell as nickel and dime backs (and they were awful). This year we replaced Harris with Sam Shields and have Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood back. That alone makes all the difference in the world. Add in another year of experience for all our young guys and another year in the 3-4 and we've come a long way.

Last year, the Packers looked a bit different on defense when we played Pitt. We had lost Al Harris, Pat Lee, and I believe Brandon Underwood as well, i think, leaving us with Jarrett Bush and Josh Bell as nickel and dime backs (and they were awful). This year we replaced Harris with Sam Shields and have Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood back. That alone makes all the difference in the world. Add in another year of experience for all our young guys and another year in the 3-4 and we've come a long way.

Any new Star Trek references you want for the Super Bowl, Poker?

Even given that the Steelers and Pack were ranked 1st and 2nd in points allowed, I'll still expect a shootout on the artificial turf. Maybe not 37-36, but the over/under should be fairly high. I think both teams are very similar and both offenses will have success.

Looking forward to a great game.

This

HOW CREATIVE

qft. The old trophies looked much more prestigious. I wouldn't want to put these things in the trophy case if I were the Packers or Steelers. Oh well, at least the Lombardi trophy won't be changed to look different.

Even given that the Steelers and Pack were ranked 1st and 2nd in points allowed, I'll still expect a shootout on the artificial turf. Maybe not 37-36, but the over/under should be fairly high. I think both teams are very similar and both offenses will have success.

Looking forward to a great game.

In the post game show Marino said Packers have the better WR though. But both defenses are very good and I don't expect it to be a shoot out but a low scoring game instead.

I will admit. I like seeing the Steelers win because I know how much that pisses cowboys fans off. P.S. Tell a cowboys fan that, with the most Super Bowl wins, the Pittsburgh Steelers are now America's Team and watch their reaction.

I had a personal awakening during the Steelers/Jets game. I realized I hate the ****ing Steelers. Particularly their fans. I always saw other people hating on them but I didn't realize it until tonight. I hope the Packers stomp that ass. I'm rooting for them.

And if Pens fams are anything like Steeler fans, go Caps.

Archived