Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would a Superbowl clean Snyder's slate?

skinfan2k

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Simply question here.

If (I was ready to say When hehe!) Dan Snyder and company win a super bowl, does everything in the past get erased from your mind? Do the number of firing and hirings not matter to you at anymore? the number of free agent busts? the lousy stadium of Fedex?

Does 1 superbowl win relieve everything he has done in the past? Does it matter how he wins the big game or what he does after? Thoughts?

I voted yes but only if its one that is at least surrounded by several years of solid teams.

Alright, my buddy asks me this all the time? would you

A) take 1 superbowl win in between 10 years of total crap

B) take 5 nfc championships and not win the big game

He said B) because he would enjoy each season as a fan and knowing that he had a chance

I voted yes but only if its one that is at least surrounded by several years of solid teams.

Agreed.......at least need the year prior to the SB or the year after the SB to be one with a winning record. I don't want to be known as the team that was a fluky Super Bowl winner.

I voted no....I would say it would definetly help, but I would want a consistently good team and organization to be a huge part of getting that Super Bowl win.....And many more after that... Or at least that Super Bowl being the beginning of being a consistently good team and organization. I work for the Carolina Panthers all the time, and after week 4, noody cared at all. I was making presentations for them, asking for direction on how to do things, they would literally say "Dont care, do what you want, the season is over anyway". If that was the culture around FedEx(its not right? :) ) I would be hugely dissapointed, even with a Super Bowl win tied in there somewhere....

I might be alone here, but I already kinda consider the slate clean. A decade of screw ups is a lot to make up for, but there's no reason to dwell on it. I dunno what it is, I just really believe he's hands-off this time. I believe he made a great decision with Shannahan/Allen, and he's going to let them run the team for years, with no personnel involvement whatsoever. At this point, all we can ask for is a 'normal' football team, and It's becoming that very quickly. There was only one guy being a *****, and he ended up SUSPENDED. If nothing else, this is an actual football team now, and Snyder is nowhere to be seen, and when he is, he's saying all the right things. That's all we wanted wasn't it?

Our whole model needs to change.

I believe it has gone towards the positive since Vinny left. We were never going anywhere with that clown within 100 miles of Redskin Park... now he's gone and we've got someone with real experience in hiring experts to perform their respectice taks

He said B) because he would enjoy each season as a fan and knowing that he had a chance

Yeah, ask Philly how sustained success with no payoff at the end feels to them. Guarantee they'll take option A.

5 good year plus the real hope that the coming season is our season (option B) versus one great year and no realistic hope in the other 9 (option A). That's a no-brainer, option B.

I might be alone here, but I already kinda consider the slate clean. A decade of screw ups is a lot to make up for, but there's no reason to dwell on it. I dunno what it is, I just really believe he's hands-off this time. I believe he made a great decision with Shannahan/Allen, and he's going to let them run the team for years, with no personnel involvement whatsoever. At this point, all we can ask for is a 'normal' football team, and It's becoming that very quickly. There was only one guy being a *****, and he ended up SUSPENDED. If nothing else, this is an actual football team now, and Snyder is nowhere to be seen, and when he is, he's saying all the right things. That's all we wanted wasn't it?

I'm with ya. I was calling for Snyder to sell the team and had even donated money to that metro ad making the request. However, he's doing it right by not doing anything at all.

A Super Bowl and Steelers-like success would work for me. Minus the rapist. Kthx.

Give me the chip. In the words of the great Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last." I would rather win it once than come close a lot. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

If/when a SuperBowl is won by the Redskins, it shows perfectly what happens when a billionaire tries to turn his NFL franchise into his personal Fantasy Football team and how the true football professionals were needed to turn it around. If anything, a SB with Allen and Shanahan at the helm vindicate the critics of both Snyder and Cerrato.

Archived