Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who would you have taken with the second rounder for Donovan McNabb?

Bootleg

Taylor Mays, Nate Allen, Lamar Houston, Terrence Cody, Colt McCoy, Mike Williams.

The fact that all of these players could have been available for us to pick, but instead we traded for another aging vet who doesn't fit our system still makes me angry. Giving up young talent for old square pegs. Some things never change.

A punter no doubt

:ols:One with superior football holding skills perhaps?

I know this is a hindsight thread, but I don't even think we knew that the Redskins had officially switched to the 3-4. Therefore, we knew what we had in Albert but didn't know about the saga that was about to unfold. So, I think the Redskins would have gone Quarterback here. Colt McCoy would have had an entire season to learn behind Jason Campbell and Rex Grossman before possibly taking the reins in 2011.

QBs:

- Colt McCoy-You know he's my favorite QB in the draft, but specualtion is spreading that he might be long gone by pick 37-->http://twitter.com/mortreport

- Tim Tebow-Next best QB option if Shanahan actual intends on drafting a QB fairly high,

RB: I don't consider it a big enough need to pick in the 2nd round

WR: I'll pass

OG/Cs:-In general you sold me on the having the best OG/OC vs. the 6-7-8th best OT...(plus i don't think Campbell will make it to the 2nd round)

- Maurkice Pouncey-Dude c'mon no way but...

- Mike Iupati-same same he'll be gone

NTs: Cody is the only NT i like this high (if he's still around) gives us a back-up plan for Kemo achilles tendon; otherwise i'd wait until the 4th and pick Troup, Thomas or Linvall

- Terrence Cody

*btw did you catch this post:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=7370620&postcount=484

OLBs (3-4):

- Sergio Kindle (I don't think there's anyway Kindle is still available but hey were just spit balling here....how Rak and Kindle together again the Texas connection is strong with Rak, Williams, Dock, and Kyle Shanahan (hopefully McCoy)

ILBs (3-4):

-Sean Weatherspoon (If you can have Kindle available then i can dream right? I think he could be a dynamic SILB when Fletcher retires or WILB if Rocky can't handle it (i think Rocky will do fine)

- Sean Lee(i liked him better when he was considered a 3/4th round pick)

Mount Cody to play NT and #92 coulda played DE in base 3-4 and dominated like Seymore. Moved inside in nickel/dime. Maybe he still crys like a baby but it seems like he didnt want to play nose.

---------- Post added January-11th-2011 at 04:44 PM ----------

Taylor Mays, Nate Allen, Lamar Houston, Terrence Cody, Colt McCoy, Mike Williams.

The fact that all of these players could have been available for us to pick, but instead we traded for another aging vet who doesn't fit our system still makes me angry. Giving up young talent for old square pegs. Some things never change.

Im so tired of "he dont fit the system" arguement. It was a new system w/ growing pains. So if we run a "west coast" we can only draft QBS from a handfull of colleges? Football is X's and O's w/ individual matchups within the system. Its like all these GMs that look at combine crap instead of looking at tape. A guy may run a tad slower but make up for it w/ instinct........ I wasnt in favor of the trade either, I was cool w/ Rex for a year or 2.

I'm going to get killed for this, but think about it....and remember that it all hinges on a HUGE "if".

That "if" is...what if we get a 2nd from a team for McNabb.

That's it.

I know its unlikely, so take this with a grain of salt and try to refrain from calling me a moron...its simply a best-case scenario discussion. So calm down, in advance.

But "if" that happens....can't we reasonably say that we broke even on that trade, and that with this years draft being better, in my opinion, in the 2nd round for talent...we basically swapped a 2nd last year and a 4th this year for a 2nd this year and 13 games of McNabb proving that we need to start over at QB, and in general?

Yes, we'd still lose that 4th rounder...but who wouldn't have given a 4th to see if McNabb could work here?

And yes, a 2nd last year is technically "worth" a 1st from this year, at the time. But this discussion is just in general.

We'd get rid of McNabb, lose that fourth, and basically just move back last year's second to this years, a few spots farther back.

Not too shabby, if you like this years crop of likely 2nd-rounders better, and also are of the opinion that this team, and Shanahan, really needed to see that going old and trying to "win now" weren't going to happen. Getting a QB of McNabb's caliber and watching him fail due to short-term planning and the lack of talent around him did this.

Anyways, I believe both of those things.

Of course, all of this hinges on getting a 2nd for McNabb from a team like the Titans or something, which isn't really likely.

But its just hypothetical.

Kindle, Terrence Cody, McCoy or Allen. They were way high on my need and want list.

MANY of you were riding the Clausen bandwagon...come on, fess up!

I was, and I was riding it hard. Ouch.

Not that I'm admitting he'll never succeed....but basically, I think he'll never succeed. :ols:

I was, and I was riding it hard. Ouch.

Not that I'm admitting he'll never succeed....but basically, I think he'll never succeed. :ols:

Post #39 is my actually draft wish list from March so there is no revisionism on my part.

And although i wasn't a fan of Clausen i think its still to early too write him off.

The kid has the physical tools but like any young QB they need to level coaching, stability and support from the FO.

Archived