Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who would you have taken with the second rounder for Donovan McNabb?

Bootleg

The Eagles took free safety Nate Allen. He started 13 games and had 3 interceptions (as well as a forced fumble and two sacks).

The next ten picks...

SS TJ Ward (Started 16 games, had two interceptions.)

WR Arrelious Benn (Started 9 games, had 395 yards and 2 TD.)

OLB Koa Missi (Started 11 games for the Dolphins 3-4, had 4.5 sacks.)

DT Torell Troup (Started 2 games.)

TE Rob Gronkowski (Started 11 games, had 546 yards and 10 TD.)

OLB Sergio Kindle (IRed after falling down stairs at home, arrested for drunk driving.)

DE Lamarr Houston (Started 15 games for the Raiders 3-4, had 5 sacks.)

G Zane Beadles (Nothing yet.)

DT Linval Joseph (Not much.)

ILB Daryl Washington (Started 11 games for Cardinals, had 1 sack and 1 interception.)

i would have gone with either of misi, kindle, houston, or linval joseph. any of them would have filled a need. just going by the stats it would have to have been misi but i think that joseph would have been an upgrade over kemo at the nose. although at that point terrance cody was still on the board so we could have gone with him.

Probably a massive bust. Remember what happened when we had three 2nd rounders two years ago?
Different people than Cerrato picking now.

The second round is where you get guys as good as the first rounders, for a low fraction of the price. Wow, in hindsight there seem to be a lot of potential where we would have picked. :(

Other than Nate Allen? Either Taylor Mays safety from USC who went 49th to the Niners, Javier Arenas the corner from Alabama who went 50th to the Chiefs, or Carlos Dunlap the DE from Florida who went 54th to the Bengals. All three contributed heavily for their teams this year and play at positions we need help in. Dunlap had 9.5 sacks this year in like 12 games.

Keep your draft picks. All good teams do, somehow we haven't learned.

Aurelius Benn. solid big WR would be perfect opposite Moss. He's alot like Julio w/o as much "WOW". but maybe because he was stuck w/ juice williams as his QB. So perhapas a better comparison would be johnathan baldwin.

or

Kindle. reunite the texas boys.

Not a great crop in the second round this year.

Probably pre draft I would have said Cody.

In hindsight, Colt McCoy.

I agree. I wanted McCoy as well, before the draft and still do. But, I have no clue if he would fit with Shanny.

Hindsight is always good. Although neither are starters in their respective organizations, both would be upgrades in ours. Based on the glaring needs in the center of the oline, I would have said one of two guards, either Vladmiri Ducasse or Jon Asamoah. Both made their respective teams as depth. On the Skins, they's be starters.

Not a great crop in the second round this year.

Probably pre draft I would have said Cody.

In hindsight, Colt McCoy.

In hindsight, McCoy. However, if McCoy had been drafted by us, I doubt we'd would have any idea that McCoy might work. This is what would be going on now if we'd gone that direction:

We'd most likely not have finished much better or have been worse, and since McCoy probably would not have played, most would feel we were just be a mid-round pick better off.

If we had done significantly better, I'm certain that it would have either been because Grossman or Campbell stepped up and we'd still be in a world of hurt.

I'd bet if we fans had known about a possible McNabb trade, we'd be screaming about how we should have taken the trade.

I think we'd have probably taken the FS that the Eagles or a LB.

Terrence Cody would have been the best option during the draft and now. He's a classic 3-4 NT which would anchor our 3-4 for years to come. He's not going to be as flashy as some of the other guys you mentioned but he was the right pick.

If we are going by the stats above combined with a need, we should have taken Nate Allen or Houston.

Archived