Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT- Nnamdi Asomugha’s contract voids, heading to free agency

GEAUX SAINTS

Not interested his price tag is too high and by time we can make a serious run he will be on the decline. We need building blocks not one piece to fill our only void. We got way too many voids lol.

I think we should just look the other way and not worry anout where Nnamdi actually ends up . It kind of reminds me of Ty Law and the hype surrounoing him . I would give Rogers a decent contract and decide if I want to spend another year developing Barnes as a CB or FS and draft accordingly - But not in the first round .. . .obviously .

I cannot think of a single team who could point at a CB and say, HIM thats why we were sucessful, not even Darell Green or Deion Sanders .

I am not against FA I think we have had more sucees (though not a lot more) than people realise in FA - e.g. Shawn Springs, Cornilus Griffin, Big Joe Sa've, Marcus Washington

Rogers has played at a decent level, knows the system and would be much much cheaper and wants to return . By running after Nnamdi - to fill a minor need - all you are saying is nothing has changed . We need help on the OL and DL - Committing a pile o cash to a CB heps neither of those needs .

There's no doubting Asomugha’s talent certainly. He is going to command huge contract obviously. I'd pass. We can go after Drayton Florence who's an excellent man cover in his own right for much less as a stop gap. I'd love to get Chris Houston, but there is no way Detriot lets him walk.

Buchanon played pretty well overall - i'd re-sign him personally. We also have Barnes of course who might be ready to see more action.

Justin King might be a good option if we're not going to go after Joseph or Kelly Jennings.

what if the price is a few mill more than what Los will demand, would we do it then??

If Rogers asking price is anywhere close to NAs then either Rogers agent is delusional or NA's agent is incompetent it will not be close in terms of guaranteed money.

I cannot think of a single team who could point at a CB and say, HIM thats why we were sucessful, not even Darell Green or Deion Sanders .

I disagree strongly with this statement. You can indeed point to these men and say, "That's why we were successful".

In fact, I can't think of many elite teams that didn't have a premier cover corner.

(Fwiw, I'm not advocating that we sign Nnamdi but if we do I sure won't be upset.)

if we target this guy we are very stupid. he wants pyscho money, is 30 already, and this team is still not ready to be adding guys like this.

lets wait until our QB/Oline/Dline issues are sorted out, then we can go sign big free agents. right now this FO needs to focus on signing lots of value guys with high upsides in regards to our scheme. not breaking the entire bank on one guy (who has flourished in a defense that we dont even run).

if we target this guy we are very stupid. he wants pyscho money, is 30 already, and this team is still not ready to be adding guys like this.

lets wait until our QB/Oline/Dline issues are sorted out, then we can go sign big free agents. right now this FO needs to focus on signing lots of value guys with high upsides in regards to our scheme. not breaking the entire bank on one guy (who has flourished in a defense that we dont even run).

Agreed.

Let's not get sucked into the trap Skins fans fall into every offseason. We never learn our lesson and continually get seduced by the idea of the big-ticket free agent. We are not one player away - there is no justification for paying top dollar for a guy who is 30 when we have multiple other needs on our team.

Let's build differently this time.

I don't think he'll go there it would make sense of a Baltimore or something like that who needs another top notch CB to put them over the top on D

Yeah, that would be a good place for him.

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 03:22 PM ----------

I'd be surprised if he doesnt end up in Dallas. Jerry has the money to spend, their secondary was atrocious this year, and both Peterson/Amukumara could be gone by the time they pick at 9.

That's what I was thinking as well.

ignore big name free agents, build through the draft!

oh ****, asomugha? SPEND SPEND SPEND

While I agree w/ the sentiment, there is one pre-requisite in oder to follow that plan - YOU NEED DRAFT PICKS!!! We have 2 that we should reasonably expect to find starters.

Archived