Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT- Nnamdi Asomugha’s contract voids, heading to free agency

GEAUX SAINTS

Or was he a once in a generation freak-of-nature athlete?

DG was ****ing special. Not everyone is DG. Just like not everyone is London Fletcher. People love to say "oh this is guy is a London Fletcher-type player" or "this will be like signing London Fletcher. BS man, that's just BS.

Players like that are few and far between. Don't use them as a barometer for success

I think its hard for some people to frame just how rare/special an athlete Darrel Green is.

Darrel Green has world class speed.

Maybe this will help:

Darrel Green ran a 4.43.

At age 50.

Will you fans get on Shanny and Allen if they spend alot of money on the free agents, most over 30 or at the age of 30, just like yall bash Vinny for doing? Or will it still be in " In Shanny I trust? I seriously want to know what it would take for Bruce and Mike to do for you guys to turn on them, maybe not turn on them but criticize them? This is a serious question...im just curious

I can't speak for anyone else, but I criticize them plenty, when I feel they deserve it. If they do what you suggest, and I disapprove for logical reasons, then yes, I'll criticize them.

It's childish to permanently "turn on them", as if that straw broke the camels back and nothing they do can ever please you again. That gives you a completely biased view and makes discussion impossible. Just because some dont constantly criticize, doesn't make them apologists. Which seems to be what you're implying.

---------- Post added July-8th-2011 at 04:29 PM ----------

He's a proven corner that has more hands than Los. QBs respect him.

This is all well and good, but does nothing to refute any point that I made.

Oh, and he's proven in another scheme. That's part of the problem.

Be humble my friend.

I'm plenty humble. I didn't mean "average" in comparison to my own fandom. I meant the average Skins fan who, like the average NFL fan, doesn't scour message boards for discussion and info about football, but constantly salivates over the idea of adding that big-named player to the roster. Hell, even many of the more informed fans can't get over that.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I criticize them plenty, when I feel they deserve it. If they do what you suggest, and I disapprove for logical reasons, then yes, I'll criticize them.

It's childish to permanently "turn on them", as if that straw broke the camels back and nothing they do can ever please you again. That gives you a completely biased view and makes discussion impossible. Just because some dont constantly criticize, doesn't make them apologists. Which seems to be what you're implying.

Yes I am implying that some are apologists. Keyword being SOME. I have come into contact with quite a few who seem to think that Shanny can do no wrong and that he hasnt done anything wrong since being here. They have blind faith and are complete homers. So yes those are the type fans i was talking to. If it doesnt apply to you then fine but there are some fans out there that are like that...like i said ive had conversations with a fair amount of them.

Another reason I asked the question was because I see so many post saying that we should be going after free agents under the age of 30, not something I totally agree with, but reports are coming out suggesting that we may be going after a few free agents age 30 and over and some of them wont come cheap. So I was wondering how those fans would feel because they criticize Vinny and seem to think that signing players over 30 is the most idiotic thing to do yet the coach and gm they follow so blindly are rumored to be doing the very thing fans say is foolish to do.

I can see why you might be okay with signing older FA's while others aren't. You have the right to that opinion of course.

But why wouldn't you agree that we should sign FA's under 30?

My bad i probably stated that the wrong way. I def feel that we should sign younger free agents or guys under 30. What i meant was that i dont think that we should ONLY sign guys under 30. A good player is a good player regardless of age. Now ofcourse you dont want to sign an older player to a huge deal, but for the right price and if he's a fit for the team I have no problem with signing a older guy.

So then you obviously think that $19 Million/year is a "fair price", and even though he's never played in our scheme, he's a "fit".

Unless you have very illogical reasoning, I don't see how you can disagree with the above and not contradict your last post.

QUESTION: Was Darrell Green just an elite CB?

Or was he a once in a generation freak-of-nature athlete?

DG was ****ing special. Not everyone is DG. Just like not everyone is London Fletcher. People love to say "oh this guy is a London Fletcher-type player" or "this will be like signing London Fletcher". BS man, that's just BS.

Players like that are few and far between. Don't use them as a barometer for success

Since I am the only one that said it was a London Fletcher type signing, I guess you are talking to me.

Like I said before, in this day and age players can play longer. Rather it be training or medicine, the life of an athletes has been increased. Plus Asomugha is not a LB or safety, he will endure less impact.

I already said my stance on the situation. For the right price we should get him. If it fails, Joseph is Plan B.

So then you obviously think that $19 Million/year is a "fair price", and even though he's never played in our scheme, he's a "fit".

Unless you have very illogical reasoning, I don't see how you can disagree with the above and not contradict your last post.

What and who are you talking about?

QUESTION: Was Darrell Green just an elite CB?

Or was he a once in a generation freak-of-nature athlete

DG was ****ing special. Not everyone is DG. Just like not everyone is London Fletcher. People love to say "oh this guy is a London Fletcher-type player" or "this will be like signing London Fletcher". BS man, that's just BS.

I understand he wS elite. What mKes you think nnamdi isnt an elite cb? Im not using dg as a barometer of success im using him as an example that you could sign somebody at 30 and can get alot of years. U keep using vinnyesque old ways as an bArometer of failure though. I mean for Christ sake man is everybody 30 on the wrong side? Hes the arguably number 1cb in the league that automatically changes gameplans. Idc if 15 a mil makes him whatever.

Let me go off your belief: hes unproven in our scheme nd cost too muh. Well if thats the case than why draft anybody? First rounders always costed a billiom, never played a down in your scheme but u know what you take the person that has the best chance of succeeding. People was salivAting and wantin to sell the whole house for bradford. He would of costed a billion dollars.

Point is everybody is unproven but when you have that type of elite player you dont shy from their strengths. Think of it this way: if we actually played big al way he did in tenn...would you think that was a waste?

For the right price we should get him. If it fails, Joseph is Plan B.

What would be the price difference between Carlos Rogers and Aso/Joseph? Is Rogers offering a "hometown discount" to the Skins?

Are these FA's, considering all factors, definitely a better choice over re-signing 'Los?

Just throwin a bone out there..

"better the evil you know, then the evil you don't know" comes to mind.

What would be the price difference between Carlos Rogers and Aso/Joseph? Is Rogers offering a "hometown discount" to the Skins? Are these FA's, considering all factors, definitely a better choice over re-signing 'Los?

No way does Los give us a discount Ars. He's pretty much said he'd rather be elsewhere and I definitely think we let him go.

Bon Voyage Los

Read your last post, and then mine. I'm talking about Nnamdi.

Why dont you go back and read my post and show me where I ever said anything about signing Nnamdi. Why do you think i asked the question in my original post about spending big dollars in free agency like Vinny did? I would rather re-sign Carlos instead of spending all of that bread to bring Nnamdi in. But if we do it will be nothing new and I would just hope he works out. We dont run the type of defense that he's accustomed to...but hey when has Shanny ever cared about playing players in the wrong scheme or asking them to do things that arent to their best ability?

Anymore questions?

What would be the price difference between Carlos Rogers and Aso/Joseph? Is Rogers offering a "hometown discount" to the Skins?

Are these FA's, considering all factors, definitely a better choice over re-signing 'Los?

Carlos is gone regardless of what happens. He wants the leave, most of the fans wants him to leave. Him staying here would not benefit either parties.

I understand he wS elite. What mKes you think nnamdi isnt an elite cb? Im not using dg as a barometer of success im using him as an example that you could sign somebody at 30 and can get alot of years. U keep using vinnyesque old ways as an bArometer of failure though. I mean for Christ sake man is everybody 30 on the wrong side? Hes the arguably number 1cb in the league that automatically changes gameplans. Idc if 15 a mil makes him whatever.

Let me go off your belief: hes unproven in our scheme nd cost too muh. Well if thats the case than why draft anybody? First rounders always costed a billiom, never played a down in your scheme but u know what you take the person that has the best chance of succeeding. People was salivAting and wantin to sell the whole house for bradford. He would of costed a billion dollars.

Point is everybody is unproven but when you have that type of elite player you dont shy from their strengths. Think of it this way: if we actually played big al way he did in tenn...would you think that was a waste?

I think that you misread his post. The Tris asked if Darrell Green were *JUST* elite or if he were a once in a generation freak-of-nature athlete. Green was certainly the latter.

Tris is saying that the two aren't comparable. There are a few corners who are in the same league as Asomugha right now, but there are a few corners who are in the same league as Green ALL-TIME, let alone with a TWENTY-year shelf life. Just because Asomugha is incredible, which nobody is denying, does not mean that he's got the longevity that Green did. I think that you're implying a causation or correlation that isn't there. Talent and length of career are, for the most part, independent.

My direct point was to everybody says hes on the wrong side of 30. If your a great athlete and have a excellent training regiment than who is to say he cant be playin til he is 37. T.o played at 37 and had 70 receptioms for over 900 yds and 9 tds. What makes ANYBODY think that because hes 30 he cant be effective is what im sayin. I know wr and cb is different but my point is people let the bad APPLES spoil the whole barrell. Im not lobbyin sAyin lets sign him but if we was to get him i wouldnt be mad at all.

Archived