Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT- Nnamdi Asomugha’s contract voids, heading to free agency

GEAUX SAINTS

Green Bay makes sense but also why would he go there when they still have Woodson playing at a high level and Traemon Williams is one of the top young CB's in the NFL. Almost would be better going to a team who is close to winning now

The Saints should sign him. Not the Packers.

---------- Post added January-10th-2011 at 11:11 AM ----------

no thanks. We need a core of good talent on the D first before we start luxury signings.

And if FA has taught us anything, anyone can suck for $50 million.

Word up.

Asomugha should go to a good team that has secondary problems. The Saints come to mind like someone said earlier. The redskins need to go ahead and build through the draft. NO FREE AGENTS!...unless they are undrafted free agent rookies.

Have you seen the free agent pool this year? There is a ton of talent. Not to memtion a ton of young talent. Furthermore many of the free agents out there are quality low price players. Saying that we should sign no free agents is just keeping on the handcuffs of a previous regime. Bruce Allen and Mike Shannahan should not be confused with Vinny Cerrato.

For some reason, I'm not all that interested. I think it's the fact that he's 30.
Dude just because your thirty doesn't mean your 60yrs.old. Keep exercising and preparing everyday you can still be and awesome football player ask the great ones like John Elway, Brett Favre, Jerry Rice and Joe Montana just to name a few.

exactly. and no one is even paying attention to the fact that he has been playing in a completely different scheme than ours.

Oh there are people that are paying attention to that but thought it was too obvious to point out. If we are looking at a CB to replace Rogers then its going to be someone like Jonathan Joseph who is a ballhawk and that's something that Haslett likes.

Asomugha should go to a good team that has secondary problems. The Saints come to mind like someone said earlier. The redskins need to go ahead and build through the draft. NO FREE AGENTS!...unless they are undrafted free agent rookies.

Disagreed 100%.

The Saints last year won the Super Bowl with eleven starters that they didn't draft. That's HALF of their starters.

It's not about "oh we're going to sign player A and player B and player X and Y also" because they've been so good for so long and it's a splashy signing.

It's about signing players that fit the defense. As for Asomugha, he'd be an upgrade over Rogers. People look at Nnamdi's age. He's 30, yeah, but Charles Woodson's 34 and is still a top corner in the game. I believe Nnamdi could still play at this level for 4 more years because he's shown no signs of decline.

I'd take Asomugha in a heartbeat. It's not a stupid signing a la Deion Sanders. It'd actually make sense and help this defense out a ton.

We need a core of good talent on the D first before we start luxury signings.

I agree with you, but with a top-level talent as Asomugha, I wouldn't pass taking a shot with him.

The Jets run a 3-4 and play Revis in man to man the majority of the time.

I could see Haslett putting Nnamdi in that type of role and shutting down a side of the field.

With the receivers in this division, we NEED corners badly, and I'd rather have one that is still on the top of his game than an unproven rookie that we'd get in the 4th round or later.

That's just me, though.

Oh there are people that are paying attention to that but thought it was too obvious to point out. If we are looking at a CB to replace Rogers then its going to be someone like Jonathan Joseph who is a ballhawk and that's something that Haslett likes.

id rather have joseph all day over asomugah. hes younger, cheaper, and is probably more of the type of corner we want. asomugah is pretty much a strictly man cover corner. im not even sure the raiders have zone in their playbook lol.

id rather have joseph all day over asomugah. hes younger, cheaper, and is probably more of the type of corner we want. asomugah is pretty much a strictly man cover corner. im not even sure the raiders have zone in their playbook lol.

With asomugha as my CB I wouldn't have a zone play either because when he's in man he's a shutdown guy no question. Joseph is physical as well but he's young and a ballhawk and would make a lot of sense for us even though he will ask for a bout 8 to 10 million per year

With asomugha as my CB I wouldn't have a zone play either because when he's in man he's a shutdown guy no question. Joseph is physical as well but he's young and a ballhawk and would make a lot of sense for us even though he will ask for a bout 8 to 10 million per year

Agreed. The up close and personal man coverage is his game style. Plus, having two ex-Raiders players on our defense would work better chemistry. They know how to think together in order to make a play on defense.

You can't say Asomogha doesn't fit Haslett's scheme. He fits any defense in the league, and any coordinator that gets him would adjust his defense to take advantage of Asomogha's talents.

youre assuming haslett wants to adjust his defense.

and seriously, asomoguh is gonna want haynesworth money. havent we learned our lesson with overpaying for guys that are great on other teams? i hope allen/shanny put an end to this crap and start targeting value guys instead of "the entire farm" guys.

youre assuming haslett wants to adjust his defense.

and seriously, asomoguh is gonna want haynesworth money. havent we learned our lesson with overpaying for guys that are great on other teams? i hope allen/shanny put an end to this crap and start targeting value guys instead of "the entire farm" guys.

I doubt they'll go after him, but I wouldn't be mad if they did because I'm pretty confident he would perform at a really high level. Their mindset should be on benefiting the team as a whole, not just solidifying one area from year to year.

Not sure if mentioned but Schefty was on ESPN this afternoon and said its early but he could see Nnamdi landing in NY (jets), BAL and then he said maybe WAS???? So maybe he has heard some chatter or maybe he knows we go after every FA. Just thought it was interesting coming from AS.

Archived