Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players that may not be coming back per twitter and Facebook. **RUMORS**

c4man5282

Adam Schefter

(2:30 PM)

I know he's been in his basement, immersed in film. He actually called me this morning and asked, What is all this stuff going on with Jim Harbaugh. He needed to be debriefed because he hadn't heard about it. That should tell you a little bit about where Shanahan's focus and intensity is.

Just further evidence this is the coach we have been waiting for. No doubt in my mind. Sit back and enjoy the ride people, because it's not going to be long before the Skins are a force to be reckoned with again.

:cheers:

Thanks AC and HB. Two good guys who just don't fit the system. Good luck in another city (unless it's Philly, Dallass or NY Giants).

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 03:57 PM ----------

A lot of players have two homes. One close to the team they play for and one where they were brought up or sometimes went to College. It may all be BS but he could be moving his stuff to his offseason home.

McNabb had a home in Philly, one in Arizona and then had one here in Washington. Feagles who played for both the Eagles and Giants had a home in Arizona. Sean Taylor had a home in Miami.

Didnt know what thread to post this in but found this interesting.

Mike (DC)

You know Shanahan fairly well. What can we expect him to focus on this offseason?

Adam Schefter

I know he's been in his basement, immersed in film. He actually called me this morning and asked, What is all this stuff going on with Jim Harbaugh. He needed to be debriefed because he hadn't heard about it. That should tell you a little bit about where Shanahan's focus and intensity is.

I've been trying to tell people for MONTHS that Shanahan had a couple of great drafts in '06 and '08, before he was canned, because he really started doing this....now Skins fans will get to see it in action. Still don't know if it will translate into drafting good defensive talent, but I'm not worried about our offensive picks at all.

The two of them may be great guys off of the field, but the departures won't have much effect on the field.

Carter had one good year in DC - last year as a result of the Haynesworth effect. Even if the team switched back to a 4-3 next year, I'm afraid that without Haynesworth and another year older, Carter would revert to a below average 4-3 DE.

Blades is nothing more than a career special teamer and LB depth. He was not Fletcher's eventual replacement. I'd like to have him back, but he is easily replaced and probably better suited in the 4-3.

Thanks for your service and see you later.

Didnt know what thread to post this in but found this interesting.

Mike (DC)

You know Shanahan fairly well. What can we expect him to focus on this offseason?

Adam Schefter

He is either watching film on Jamarcus Russell or Debbie Does Dallas.

Other wise there is no other reason to be in the basement. :ols::pfft:

In other news:

Agent Fletcher N. Smith III and Coach Mike Shanahan hope to meet soon to discuss the future of quarterback Donovan McNabb, a person familiar with the situation said Friday.

Interesting paragraph here:

For weeks, it has been clear McNabb would prefer to be released quickly to be free to chose his next team. People within the organization have anonymously ripped McNabb for being lazy and struggling to read defenses, among other things, but there's a dearth of talent at the quarterback position in the NFL. If McNabb becomes a free agent, he would be the most accomplished -- by far -- signal-caller on the market

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/donovan-mcnabb/mike-shanahan-donovan-mcnabbs.html

Adam Schefter

That sounds like George Allen.

Just further evidence this is the coach we have been waiting for. No doubt in my mind. Sit back and enjoy the ride people, because it's not going to be long before the Skins are a force to be reckoned with again.

:cheers:

There's a whole lot of Redskin fans hoping to god that your right!! I dont see it, but I hope Im wrong! Nothing would be better than to have a decent coach around for a few years!

Carter had 2 1/2 good years, actually.

2006 - He had 4 sacks in his last 5 games.

2007 - He had 10.5 sacks, first double-digit sack D-Lineman for the Skins in seven years.

2009 - He had 11 sacks.

We'll split the difference and call it 2 good seasons. Despite the nice finish, he still had only 6 sacks for the entire season in 2006. Generally speaking, I think that the sack numbers are a little misleading. The team really had a problem with any sort of a pass rush in any year except 2009, even though Carter had double digit sacks in 2007. We could justifiably blame that on the unit as a whole or the scheme.

To me, Carter was just an "eh" type of player during his tenure here. He probably wasn't the problem, but he wasn't the answer either. I'd rather roll the dice and let him go on his way without any hard feelings. He is an OK guy to have on the team, but he isn't the type of impact player that will make a difference in 2011.

We'll split the difference and call it 2 good seasons. Despite the nice finish, he still had only 6 sacks for the entire season in 2006. Generally speaking, I think that the sack numbers are a little misleading. The team really had a problem with any sort of a pass rush in any year except 2009, even though Carter had double digit sacks in 2007. We could justifiably blame that on the unit as a whole or the scheme.

To me, Carter was just an "eh" type of player during his tenure here. He probably wasn't the problem, but he wasn't the answer either. I'd rather roll the dice and let him go on his way without any hard feelings. He is an OK guy to have on the team, but he isn't the type of impact player that will make a difference in 2011.

I agree and your right. Carter is overhyped on this board. Every year atleast 4-5 of his sacks came from the qb scrambling and just falling down and carter just ran and jumped on him or touched him, or a bad snap or some other miscue and he was just lucky to be the one to touch him while the qb is down. He rarely just beat his man with a speed rush and got a true legit sack.

While carter was better than what we had before him he was a let down to me and overall just a average player.

Archived