Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha's contact is set to void, per the WP

pram11

Seriously some of the people on this site are ridiculous. Suggesting we get rid of both Hall and Cooley has to be some of the most FOOLISH logic I've ever heard. Some people should just keep their opinions to themselves :doh:

Just Hall.

I guess alot of folks like watching their starting CB gamble(in the absolute worst situations) and whiff,giving up 90 yd tds in the process .

Or let the likes of Jake Delhomme fake them out of their jock.

If he was our 2nd or 3rd CB at the appropriate money? OK.

He's paid to be elite. Regardless what his fanclub and press think, IMO , he's not.

The Gambler.............geez louise :doh:

A free agent shouldn't be expect to give more than 4 to 5 years of solid play before you replace him with someone younger which teams like the iggles and Patriots do all of the time.

I agree with that, but the Eagles and Patriots we are not~! They are definitely better suitors for him than we are...

Blah, Blah, Blah.

I say ask him if he wants to play Free Safety, and if says yes, sign him. Solidify the Weak link of the secondary:

Rodgers - Landry - Asomugha - Hall

That's exactly what you need for the WR core we're dealing with here in the NFC East, look around you. Not only are we $30+ million under the cap, but we're the cap wizards, so enough of the "he's gonna cost too much" crap.

He'll get a ridiculous signing bonus that mostly won't touch the cap and the rest of his money will be backloaded and/or converted into roster bonuses while we restructure his contract every couple years like we do everybody else we pay that kinda money. Given he's 30, an eventual transition to free safety doesn't seem so out the question to me anyway.

But that's just my opinion. Think outside the box, please...

:helmet:

Yea, he's going to cost big money, but we Redskins fans need to have a short memory about the whole "Vinny spent way too much on FAs" thing. Sometimes it's ok. I would love to have him. And I think DHall being here is a non factor.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

I say ask him if he wants to play Free Safety, and if says yes, sign him. Solidify the Weak link of the secondary:

Rodgers - Landry - Asomugha - Hall

That's exactly what you need for the WR core we're dealing with here in the NFC East, look around you. Not only are we $30+ million under the cap, but we're the cap wizards, so enough of the "he's gonna cost too much" crap.

He'll get a ridiculous signing bonus that mostly won't touch the cap and the rest of his money will be backloaded and/or converted into roster bonuses while we restructure his contract every couple years like we do everybody else we pay that kinda money. Given he's 30, an eventual transition to free safety doesn't seem so out the question to me anyway.

But that's just my opinion. Think outside the box, please...

:helmet:

Your thinkinking is definitely outside of the box .Why safety?Why would he want to play there?

Just find a fa free safety

Your thinkinking is definitely outside of the box .Why safety?Why would he want to play there?

Just find a fa free safety

Don't know if he'd want to, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. His coverage skills are of the superior kind you want back there as your last line of defense, but still won't let larger WRs manhandle him like some smaller free safeties do. In history, a lot of great CBs when they get older convert to FS to prolong their careers. Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson come to mind, hell, even Troy Vincent did it here for a second, blocked that kick against Dallas that Sean ran back to help setup game winning field goal.

30 ain't too old for corner, but if he's a player we feel can play longer then 5 years for us, it wouldn't be ridiculous to ask him to move to FS. Might as well give him a head start, might as well start it now.

Edit - I'm sure the idea of being a part of that kinda secondary would be sorta appealing to him. Very talented, and again, wouldn't hurt to ask...

some of you guys just never get off of the merry go round do you?

It all depends on which horse you pick to sit on.

I'd love to have this guy. he's definitely one of the best CBs in the NFL, and if Rogers is determined to leave you aren't going to find a better replacement.

~Bang

Don't know if he'd want to, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. His coverage skills are of the superior kind you want back there as your last line of defense, but still won't let larger WRs manhandle him like some smaller free safeties do. In history, a lot of great CBs when they get older convert to FS to prolong their careers. Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson come to mind, hell, even Troy Vincent did it here for a second, blocked that kick against Dallas that Sean ran back to help setup game winning field goal.

30 ain't too old for corner, but if he's a player we feel can play longer then 5 years for us, it wouldn't be ridiculous to ask him to move to FS. Might as well give him a head start, might as well start it now.

Edit - I'm sure the idea of being a part of that kinda secondary would be sorta appealing to him. Very talented, and again, wouldn't hurt to ask...

Good point .He would be good back there but it makes no sense to give a FS the $ money he will demand. Well find someone better than more for the cheap but lets get him if hes available to do what he does . IF oakland cant sign him than they screwed up

---------- Post added January-6th-2011 at 08:13 PM ----------

It all depends on which horse you pick to sit on.

I'd love to have this guy. he's definitely one of the best CBs in the NFL, and if Rogers is determined to leave you aren't going to find a better replacement.

~Bang

lol. good one . I was about to ask why this guy would not want one of the most consistent players in the league.Lets just hope this happens with Andre Johnson next

---------- Post added January-6th-2011 at 08:16 PM ----------

Not a good fit here. Need a CB that is more comfortable playing zones.

The move doesn't really make sense.

huh? Care to explain? If he can shut any wr down one on one. Then why couldnt he just take there best receiver out the game and play zones around it .

I'd rather go after Johnathan Joseph from Cincy. He'd be younger (26) and cheaper without stone hands.

these are the types of guys we need to be targeting. young players that have proven they can play, that wont cost a fortune, that can be here for awhile and are still hungry.

if we sign any "impact" FA's 30 and over to big contracts itll be the first move ive disagreed with from allen.

this is a tougggggggggggh call...

id rather sign Lamar Woodley... Davin Joseph... Ryan Harris... Paul Soliai..

if we strike out on Woodley and Los wants 7-8 mill.. i would give Nnamdi Asomugha 10 mill per year for the next 5 years..

then again idk.. id much rather just draft a corner like Brandon Burton or Aaron Williams.. this is just a tough tough call..

this is a tougggggggggggh call...

id rather sign Lamar Woodley... Davin Joseph... Ryan Harris... Paul Soliai..

if we strike out on Woodley and Los wants 7-8 mill.. i would give Nnamdi Asomugha 10 mill per year for the next 5 years..

then again idk.. id much rather just draft a corner like Brandon Burton or Aaron Williams.. this is just a tough tough call..

I like your hit-list, dude; though, I would substitue Kalil for Harris and re-sign Brown for RT.

Archived